Who Plays While High/drunk?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be the last person on earth that's never smoked any of the happy grass.
You and Oryn Hatch.
I must be the last person on earth that's never smoked any of the happy grass.
::Sheepishly raises hand::
I play live poker drunk all the time, I actually think I play better. I have more fun and start to loosen up with my hand selection.But playing drunk on the internet is impossible imo. Obviously you can get lucky in cash games, but in a tournament there is no way to sit still and be patient when drunk/high.
gonna have to disagree with you here. I never play drunk and I rarely play cash games high. I do however enjoy playing tournaments while stoned. Makes the endless folding more bearable....
Ok so i'm an idiot, last night I came home from g/fs house and decided to hit the bong a few times so I could fall asleep faster as I wasn't tired. Anyways, after that I jumped on Stars and seriously played the worse cash game poker i've ever played in my life. I was a spewy idiot and I'm usually pretty nitty in online cash games.So yea, no more drinking/bong ripping while playing anymore.Anyone else with similar experiences?:sweetblog
during house games.. I'm normally pretty ripped or semi-drunk (I prefer the reefer..) and normally end up finishing pretty decently..I play more loose and make some idiotic calls and probably would win more money if I was not blasted but meh, its fun damnit!I have won I think 2 freerolls while baked but they are such a crap shoot, I imagine people win them while completely tanked..its fun but risky.. dunno if I would ever play much cash game poker while baked.. online or at a table.

One night I woke up on my chair in front of my computer. I was still drunk so instead of getting up, I decided to check my e-mail. And to my very big surprise, I had a message with congrats from poker stars for winning a sng. I had no memory of it at all. (I checked the hand history but only a few hands were familiar). So yeah, I play drunk all the time. Nando

Oh, I forgot iggymcfly. Can't believe this thread has gone this long without any mention of him:

Don't know if this was obvious from my previous post, but I'm pretty much completely broke. Less than $1,000 to my name now. The vast majority of those losses have come from playing pit games and one disastrous live session where I was almost black-out drunk and lost ~$28K. Maybe $10-$12K total of my losses have come from playing poker when I was sober.
IIRC he lost about $70k and doesn't remember much of it.

I don't think a day's gone by, that I wasn't drunk or high, it's the only way I keep my sanityyyyyyyyy. So yes. Tequila+adderall FTW. Stockpiling blues for the wsop. I won't be the youngest to win a bracelet, but I want to be the first to play a 4 day event without hitting a pillow. Days 1 and 2 will be fine, day 3 I'll have to get lucky or a tight table, then bring it home day four in a aggrodonking maniacal hallucinogenic splendor. Mom will be proud.

Jeez quite a few of you play under some kind of influence, I am seriously a shocking player when drunk, totally reckless and loos a lot opf money fast. Playing poker while drunk is a big mistake, I would never recommend it.Out of interest if people get drunk/high and play often don't you ever play sober to see the difference in your ability?

I play better while high on the chronic. Friday night I smoked a bowl and played a 1-2nl homegame, bought in for $300 and cashed out for ~$800.Saturday night I smoked before another homegame at a different place. Must have been a bad bowl because I had to add on to my stack a few times and wound up being in for $440. After the last add-on, I smoked some more and came back to the table in the right frame of mind. Cashed out for $1,150. Profited $1,200 this weekend at the tables in about 14 hours worth of playing. Sustainable.

I do however enjoy playing tournaments while stoned. Makes the endless folding more bearable....
I don't remember the last time I wasn't high when I played.Then again, I don't remember the last time I wasn't high either, so that makes sense.That's what being a Dodgers fan will do to you, it forces you to block out the aggrevation by self medication.See, I'm even starting to write like Plaschke.

So I was drinking a few beers at the local card room and of course I was feeling good, laughing and talking to everybody. I was actually doing a fairly good job of calling people's hands in my mind and I was spot on. So a guy announces that it is his last orbit as he was up about 4 buy ins. I am up about 2 buy ins at the moment and get dealt KJ in the BB. The guy raises in UTG + 1 and there are two calls, in my mind I am thinking he must have a monster because he is leaving and yet he still raised, but being a little drunk I call ... because I can beat him. The flop came down J Rag Rag. I bet, he raises and there are two folds. I think about it again and just know that I am beat ...but drunkenly I figure that I might be able to get him out of the pot so I go all in and he instacalls with his KK and gets to leave with 6 buy ins and I just get to leave.So bottom line ... I play terrible when I am drunk.

i find that if i am a little bit high i can focus a lot better on the players - but this is when i play live. I dont find it advantageous at all when playing online.too much alcohol or weed is not beneficial (for me).For some reason tho, when i am drunk and playing blackjack i do much better. My cousin had a funny half-hearted invention idea. Similar to cars that force you to take a breathalizer before they will allow you to start the engine, he says he wants his computer to make him do that before logging on to stars/tilt.....hahahhaalso, same for cell phone and drunk dialing(PATENT PENDING lol)

Played @ Potowatomi late last night 3/5 NL.Went there high as hell with 2k on me and left with almost 5k. Most of it was from high limit blackjack though. Only about $800 of it was from the poker game (I get really bored sometimes when playing ring games live so I need action quickly hence blackjack or dice).I really gotta stop doing that though. It usually doesn't end up this profitable.

Once I was on a buncha xanax and played in the 2nd ever PokerStars 5CD MTT. It was a $20+2. 1st was $836.So yea, I won, and the next morning I had no idea. The only reason I found out was cause someone on 2+2 made a sweat thread.....Oh, and I've never played 5CD before :club: Copy-Pasted from DB: Game Type Played ROI Expectation Winnings Buy-in Rake Profit PL 5Draw 1 3,800% $836 $858 $20 $2 $836

(I get really bored sometimes when playing ring games live so I need action quickly hence blackjack or dice).
I have a friend like that.He is broke.
I don't remember the last time I wasn't high when I played.Then again, I don't remember the last time I wasn't high either, so that makes sense.That's what being a Dodgers fan will do to you, it forces you to block out the aggrevation by self medication.See, I'm even starting to write like Plaschke.
Sir, I think you and I would get along pretty well. I was out at the WSOP last year (met up with Potsie P....great guy) and I couldnt bear a week of poker and debauchery without some chronic. Had to bribe a valet guy at the Rio to help me out but he really came through with some amazing stuff.....like San Fran level stuff. (Downside: I spent a lot more money on food than planned. Still worth it.)And if you think that being a Dodgers fan will force you to self-medicate.....try rooting for the dolphins and Heat last year. both worst in the league? WATFO?Oh, and Plaschke bothers me a lot. But he is still way better than Mariotti, that clown. He makes ATH unwatchable.
Sir, I think you and I would get along pretty well. I was out at the WSOP last year (met up with Potsie P....great guy) and I couldnt bear a week of poker and debauchery without some chronic. Had to bribe a valet guy at the Rio to help me out but he really came through with some amazing stuff.....like San Fran level stuff. (Downside: I spent a lot more money on food than planned. Still worth it.)And if you think that being a Dodgers fan will force you to self-medicate.....try rooting for the dolphins and Heat last year. both worst in the league? WATFO?Oh, and Plaschke bothers me a lot. But he is still way better than Mariotti, that clown. He makes ATH unwatchable.
I'd be right there with you guys. A buddy of mine just puts some in his wallet because he never takes that out of his pocket while going thru security at the airport. I am too G rated to do that I guess. I have to suffer through Peter Angelos owning the Orioles and the constant disappointment of the Redskins every year so I feel your guy's pain.
You should have got in touch with Chucksty IMO. :club: His 'guy' in Vegas seemed legit enough, and the quality was decent/on par with what we get locally.Plaschke is annoying on tv, but even more so in print. His writing style consists of one sentence paragraphs, with a quote here and there. His articles are almost always over the top dramatic, and most of the time he is just plain wrong.I can match you re: Dolphins w/ the fact that I'm a 49ers fan, but I'm also a Lakers fan, so I sympathize with you about the Heat.