Live 1/2 NL game 7 HandedI've got a TAG image working. We're about 2 and a half hours into the game and I've shown down a set of 8s a set of Aces and I got in against a shorter stack who had QQ and I had KK... other than that it was position raises and c-bets to win a few orphan pots. I ran my $150 buy-in to $425 or soVillain is LAG who is tilting a little bit. He bought in for $200 lost it... bought in another $200 and is down to just under $100.Hero is in CO with A :ts J :spade:Villain is UTG+1UTG foldsUTG+1 Limps for $2MP LimpsCO Raises $10 to $12Button FoldsBlinds FoldUTG+1 CallsMP FoldsPot is $ 29 and heads upFlop A :club: 8 :D 2 :heart:Villain Bets $12Hero CallsI'm pretty sure my Top pair decent kicker is good here, but I choose not to raise in accordance with Harrington's "small hand, small pot" strategy... Turn is 2 :club:Villain is All-in for $70 Hero??

Yah I don't know if I am folding here. I don't think he is limp calling with AQ/AK. A8 is a possibility or a set of 88's but I feel like both those hands check raise here. His bet seems like a desperate A10, A9 or lower pocket pair and hoping you missed....when you called the flop he thought he had no other choice to try and blow you off the hand. v

Live 1/2 NL game 7 HandedI've got a TAG image working. We're about 2 and a half hours into the game and I've shown down a set of 8s a set of Aces and I got in against a shorter stack who had QQ and I had KK... other than that it was position raises and c-bets to win a few orphan pots. I ran my $150 buy-in to $425 or soVillain is LAG who is tilting a little bit. He bought in for $200 lost it... bought in another $200 and is down to just under $100.Hero is in CO with A :ts J :spade:Villain is UTG+1UTG foldsUTG+1 Limps for $2MP LimpsCO Raises $10 to $12Button FoldsBlinds FoldUTG+1 CallsMP FoldsPot is $ 29 and heads upFlop A :club: 8 :D 2 :heart:Villain Bets $12Hero CallsI'm pretty sure my Top pair decent kicker is good here, but I choose not to raise in accordance with Harrington's "small hand, small pot" strategy... Turn is 2 :club:Villain is All-in for $70 Hero??
I by no definition am a poker pro, but I'll toss out my opinion. But if it were me, it'd probably depend on what I'd seen him limp with before. If he were laggy, I'd think he'd have raised 88, and he might have limped with A9, A8, a lesser suited ace, K10s, K9s, Q10s, low PP, and some people like to limp suited connectors. I'm not really a huge fan of people calling my raise PF OOP and then betting into me right after the flop (especially less than half the pot), so I probably would have raised him on the flop. The raise here could give you some info I think (possibly uncovering 88, A8, A2s), and also it would show him that you mean business. :D But after you just flat call his bet, I think he was ready to push/bet big with almost any turn card. I think HE thinks he's either got you with some weaker ace in his hand because the ace scared you into flat calling his flop bet, or he just thinks you're weak and maybe had Kc10c or 89s. So i would call.You have to think he'd raise AK, AQ, 88 PF and hopefully wouldn't play AA this way (I've seen some crazy ways to play aces...). The only hands I would be worried about would be A8 or 22, but I would tend to think he would c/r the flop with A8, 88, 22.-IMO

That's some great thinking, IMOI thought about this for about two to three minutes before I made my decision...I'm behind to AA A8 AK AQ 88 22 and A2I beat AT A9 and A7-A3... plus any 89, 87 suited if he's way out of line and putting me on KQ or something...This was a tough spot for me because of villains LAG and that he was so willing to put his money in OOP

Since I think the other two posters hit the nail on the head already, it's a waste waiting for more replies so I'm just gonna ask it...How did it play out? I'm so anxious for the end of the story, the suspense is killing me.

Villain had A8 for two pair and I bricked the river...I have mixed feelings about this hand...James
Why ? It's basically an insta-call for two reasons; 1) Villain is bad and does this with probably any ace; 2) Villain is short and, even if you really wanted to fold, you aren't deep enough to do so. You can only make "big folds" like this if you're presented with information that says, "villain's range is narrowed to hands which beat me, and my pot odds suck, so I fold." At no point in this hand could you divine such knowledge. But at least you showed him some respect by thinking this one through.

You played this hand fine.Since villain is short he is not going to fold any ace on this flop.No way he limped AK or AQ, so out of the remaining aces you beat all but two of them. You would be losing value against any other Ace if you fold the turn.If the flop came A72, he would play it exactly the same way and you would be getting all his money.