Villain is 34/0/3.4 for 60 hands, i've been fairly laggy, table is pretty tight, what do you think, probably should have given up after he called the raise on the flop, but the check on the turn was just too weak to not bet it, as far as I thought. How do we feel?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Hero ($25.55)SB ($24.35)BB ($20.50)UTG ($39.15)MP ($38.45)Preflop: Hero is Button with Q :D , J :4h . 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, SB calls $0.65, BB calls $0.50.Flop: ($2.25) Q :5c , 2 :club: , T :D(3 players)SB bets $0.75, BB folds, Hero raises to $3.25, SB calls $2.50.Turn: ($8.75) T :ts(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $6, SB calls $6.River: ($20.75) K :D(2 players)SB checks, Hero checks.

probably should have given up after he called the raise on the flop, but the check on the turn was just too weak to not bet it
This is horrible thinking.It sounds like you're trying to value bluff. Like you're betting and not knowing what's happening.
This is horrible thinking.It sounds like you're trying to value bluff. Like you're betting and not knowing what's happening.
I should clarify, it's the thinking that's bad. Not the action.Betting the turn is great if you think he's calling with worse or folding a load of better hands. You should have a purpose for betting.

Why do you think you should you have just given up on the turn after he called the flop raise?You should not have raised the flop in the first place if you thought he was only going to call with hands that beat you ie hands you should just give up with.

Villain is 34/0/3.4 for 60 hands, i've been fairly laggy, table is pretty tight, what do you think, probably should have given up after he called the raise on the flop, but the check on the turn was just too weak to not bet it, as far as I thought. How do we feel?
I prob play it the same, depending on reads.

Thanks for the responses, you're right, I wasn't exactly sure why I was betting, but I was pretty sure he had a weaker Q, It's a good thing i checked behind on the river, 'cause he turned over KQ. Oh well, at least I was in position, saved me some money most likely :club:

Thanks for the responses, you're right, I wasn't exactly sure why I was betting, but I was pretty sure he had a weaker Q, It's a good thing i checked behind on the river, 'cause he turned over KQ. Oh well, at least I was in position, saved me some money most likely :club:
He wasn't betting because he put you on a diamond draw. It happens so often that the river card will freeze action.

After thinking about it again I think I like a check behind on the turn. He may be playing Q9 but I doubt he is playing Q8 or less and every other Q beats you and any T now beats you.I think he calls a 3/4 pot turn bet more often with a Q or T than with a draw.Checking the turn might put us to a tough decision on the river though if he bets like 3/4- full pot. Hmm not sure which I like better actually...