Ok, I guess things have settled down enough for me to take a minute to make some goals.In May, I was the Canadian version of Simo. I played 3489 hands. But I made almost $6k. LOL. Nice life.For June, I'm in Vegas for the entirety. I have a house with CobaltBlue, aim786, and a bunch of other guys rotating the 4th bedroom (including cwik, zimmer, mikeysong).So, basically, this trip is not like a typical vacation where I do touristy stuff, so I expect to be able to play a full schedule online as well as taking some time to see Vegas, play live, etc.My goals:-I came with $10k in cash, I'd like to leave with $10k in cash. This just means I make a little bit of money in the side games, to make up for the money I spend. This will be very tough, because I run bad or suck at live poker.-No -EV gambling. CC Roulette with Checky is +EV gambling, so that is allowed. No pit games, though. This will help a bit towards the first goal.-$15k online, and 10-15k hands. No excuses here. $1/hand will be pretty weak for my stakes, but I'll set the $$$ value low as I'll be trying some new stuff out. I should be able to get 10k hands in without much of a problem, I hope. It's easier to get motivated with other poker players playing around me.-Get some money on FTP, maybe work out something to get a new RB account, and start playing 10/20 and 15/30 there, and get more hands in at 10/20+ instead of having to rely on the AP 5/10 to get my hands in.-Hopefully get the full BR up enough to start adding the 20/40 on Everest in July, and move towards 30/60 games by August or September.=============On a personal note, from my May goals, I found a place in Ottawa, with relative ease, actually, so that's a huge relief as myself and my amazing girlfriend are moving to Ottawa at the end of July. :club:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im up a little over 15 grand so far over 2522 hands. determined to keep grinding, hopefully big things are in store, havnt had a big month since 2007 really.

im up a little over 15 grand so far over 2522 hands. determined to keep grinding, hopefully big things are in store, havnt had a big month since 2007 really.
you need to stop messing with us really.
you need to stop messing with us really.
Agreed. Absolutely no volume and 1 $30k month after another would seem to be pretty big to me.
For right now, the goal is to rebuild the roll. I'm starting out by playing some 6max nl$50 -
Yeah, scratch that whole nl$50 thing - here's how that little experiment came to a crashing stop yesterday:Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:Hero: $50UTG+1: $48.25CO: $30.60Button: $62.15SB: $49.90BB: $49.50Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with A :qh A :icon_clap:Hero raises to $1.75, UTG+1 raises to $3, 4 folds, Hero calls.Flop: 2 :club: 4 :ts T :icon_clap: ($6.75, 2 players)Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $5, Hero raises to $19.5, UTG+1 raises all-in $45.25, Hero calls.Turn: J :D ($97.25, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $97.25)River: 3 :D ($97.25, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $97.25)Results:Final pot: $97.25Hero showed As AcUTG+1 showed Jc Jd---------------------------------------------------------Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.256 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $8.20Hero: $35.55CO: $7.15Button: $47.75SB: $25.20BB: $24.75Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A :icon_clap: A :icon_clap:UTG raises to $0.85, Hero raises to $2.9, CO raises all-in $7.15, Button folds, SB calls, 2 folds, Hero raises all-in $35.55, SB calls all-in $18.05.Uncalled bets: $10.35 returned to Hero. Flop: A :D Q :icon_clap: T :4h ($-21.9, 0 player + 3 all-in - Main pot: $22.55, Sidepot 1: $22.9)Turn: 9 :icon_clap: ($-21.9, 0 player + 3 all-in - Main pot: $22.55, Sidepot 1: $22.9)River: J :5c ($-21.9, 0 player + 3 all-in - Main pot: $22.55, Sidepot 1: $22.9)Results:Final pot: $55.75SB showed Ks KdHero showed Ac AhCO showed 4d 4h-----------------------------------------------------------------Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $50Hero: $54.55CO: $29.40Button: $50SB: $148.50BB: $50Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with T :icon_clap: T :DUTG raises to $1.75, Hero calls, CO calls, 3 folds.Flop: K :3h 4 :icon_clap: T :icon_clap: ($6, 3 players)UTG bets $3.25, Hero raises to $13.5, CO folds, UTG calls.Turn: Q :icon_clap: ($33, 2 players)UTG checks, Hero is all-in $39.3, UTG calls all-in $34.75.Uncalled bets: $4.55 returned to Hero. River: K :icon_clap: ($102.5, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $102.5)Results:Final pot: $102.5UTG showed Qd KsHero showed Th Td---------------------------------------------------------------------Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.256 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $27.10UTG+1: $27.20CO: $49.85Button: $34.75Hero: $25BB: $55.65Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with 7 :icon_clap: 9 :icon_clap:4 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BB calls.Flop: J :icon_clap: 5 :icon_clap: T :icon_clap: ($1.5, 2 players)Hero checks, BB bets $0.75, Hero calls.Turn: 8 :D ($3, 2 players)Hero checks, BB bets $2, Hero raises to $7, BB raises all-in $54.15, Hero calls all-in $16.5.Uncalled bets: $30.65 returned to BB.River: A :qh ($50, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $50)Results:Final pot: $50Hero showed 7c 9hBB showed 9s Qdsooooooo.......I'll be revising my goal to becoming a winning player at the micro limits, where I'm properly rolled. I'm starting at $10nl with 50 buyins. I can 4-table it fairly easily at this point, so I should also be able to bump up the hands played goal. Revised goal 15k hands, 5ptbb/100. Here was day one at that experiment:day110nlxf8.jpg

Moving up sucks. Looking back at when I move up to .25/.50 and .50/1, it seems I always do this.June1.jpgOn the positive side, I'm fially getting my hands in. 3k so far this month, ahead of pace for my 12k goal. Hopefully I start winning again soon.

I had one of my worst days in some time today, almost down a grand, but made like a $100 comeback or something... played a dude at 15/30 who ran hotter than the sun, and won 74% of the showdowns. Not a big drop for 15/30 or anything, but still the worst I've run at that limit since I started.It's all good tho, cuz now I'm due to run hot as balls myself tomorrow in the $1500 LHE, and by Sunday I should be wearing some new jewelry.

So far I've played 5237 hands of 50nl 6 max this month, in 2 days of play. First day I went up $370, second day down $15 for a total of $355 up. Winrate is at 6.37/100 right now.

I'm turning into an information nit. Someone was asking about HUDs and how helpful they were on the Omaha forum on 2+2 and I had a whole post explaining how important they were and which stats were useful which way when I started to think about how many people I see from my regular Stars games dropping in on the Omaha forum with their 10 posts or so. And then I started thinking about half of them probably didn't even use a HUD and would be almost forced to after reading my compelling logic. So I just deleted the post.I don't know, I guess I've just reached the point where I don't even want to help people any more unless I already know them. I think in the future, I might get my fill of strategy discussions over AIM and Skype and just quit making strategy posts altogether. Especially when I'm struggling to eke out a decent winrate and the future of the games is tenuous at best, it just doesn't seem productive anymore.Oh, BTW, finally had a good session tonight. Finished +$5600 and only $800 was all-in luck.

What does OTB status mean? Epassporte support says my account is on OTB status.
Pretty sure it means 'on the button'

Month so far: Bad and slow start, but planing a strong comeback.june1tk7.jpgI was just about to close pokerstars, waiting for the blinds to reach me when this happened(it made me happy):PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (10 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: ITH Forums)Preflop: Hero is UTG with :5c, :ts. Hero raises, 1 fold, UTG+2 calls, 4 folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.Flop: (10 SB) :club:, :D, :D(5 players)SB bets, BB folds, Hero raises, UTG+2 3-bets, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.Turn: (9.50 BB) :4h(3 players)SB bets, Hero raises, UTG+2 3-bets, SB calls, Hero caps, UTG+2 calls, SB calls.River: (19.50 BB) :D(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets, UTG+2 raises, SB calls, Hero 3-bets, UTG+2 calls, SB calls.Final Pot: 28.50 BB

In honor of Zachary Henderson's future WSOP bracelet, I've decided to take up limit hold em again.

In honor of Zachary Henderson's future WSOP bracelet, I've decided to take up limit hold em again leave that miserable game to those who have a clue how to play it.
imo
It's all good tho, cuz now I'm due to run hot as balls myself tomorrow in the $1500 LHE, and by Sunday I should be wearing some new jewelry.
Made the final 2 tables. :)13/18, must run as hot as I did in day 1 and 2 to have a chance, lol.

It's too bad the WSOP doesn't offer the same rb and incentives as AP eh?? Then you'd really be raking in the dough. lol Way to go Henderson!

Goals for June:Gym related goals:-Lose 20lbs Doing pretty well, down like 5lbs so far. Really want to maintain this, losing 5lbs/week.-Bench ~70kg Not sure about this, I'm a new programme where benching isn't an essential part, so I'll probs scratch this goal-Score 590+ on fitness test Hopefully! Planning on doing the test on Jul 1st. I wouldn't bet that I could do it in the next 5 days tho.-Score 55/45/45+ on strength test Yeah I think I'll achieve this.Poker Related Goals:-Play 200 $12 turbo 180 player SNGs Going very well. Played about 150 of them. Had a ROI of 100% up to yesterday but had a bit of a downswing (highest finish was 8th) and my ROI dropped to 57%. Still very confident I'll surpass the goal, and I hope to achieve 100% ROI during the month-Play 100 $12/$27 turbo 45 player SNGs Played only 25, focusing more on the 180man SNGs. Played a mixture of $12 and $27, altho I probs should not have played the $27s (ie not rolled enough). Currently I'm down $97 playing them. Not really too concerned. I'm gonna concentrate on the $27s once my roll reached $1500 or so, I think.-Profit: $1500 (would be happy with $1k) Only +$70 atm. See reasons below.-Stay away from Cash games FAIL! I'm so bad at self control. I've lost, I'd say maybe $800 in cash games. Basically, alot of the profit I make in the 180s, I piss away at cash games. Time for a zero tolerance policy. NO cash games above $25NL, for ANY reason. And no games other than NLHE/PLHE-Profit from HU SNGs ($10-$30 buy-ins) Yeah, I'm up $20 at this. Played two $100 HU SNGs I think though, when my roll was about $1k. Not a huge deal (esp considering my shenanigans in the cash games), but obv 10% of BR is a little to risk on a HU SNG. Okay, I guess now, not more than like 4-5% of BR should be used on a HU SNG, unless there's a MEGA fish, in which case, 10-12% can be used, but NO MORE THAN THAT!-Profit from MTTs No, not yet I don't think. I played the SM last Sunday though, so if we factor that out, I'm still down maybe $100. Not sure on the exact figures. I'm keeping track of these by writing in a copybook, and I'm too lazy to add up the figures now, and there might be one or two results missing. Overall, I'm happy enough. Gotten relatively deep in 3 tournies, but no FTs. You obv need FTs, top 3 finishes and wins to profit from MTTs, and I haven't had any of them yet. I'm happy enough atm, we'll see at the end of the month coz MTTs are obv high variance.-Watch some PXF videos Nah, haven't done much of this-Read some (Gus' book, TOP, maybe a few others) Read a little, but again not much-Not tilt/play games I shouldn't/play well all the time etc. Eh, D, but not a fail. I honestly think I've tilted (in the traditional sense - playing badly) very little, and I've played well almost all the time. However, I have tilted in the sense that I've played games I shouldn't have, alot. Have to fix this big time. See comment on cash games above I suppose.-Enjoy Yeah, overall I think I have enjoyed the playing of poker this month, so I guess I pass on this
http://www.sharkscope.com/SharkScope/Displ...&TimeZone=8$12 Turbo 180 SNGs ^^^http://www.sharkscope.com/SharkScope/Displ...&TimeZone=8$12/$27 45man SNGs^^^(also played one $60 45man that is not included in above graph, so total loss is ($157) at 45man SNGs)http://www.sharkscope.com/SharkScope/Displ...Filter=6/1/2008 HU SNGs^^^Also, dabbled in 13 STTs. Down $71 in them. That gives an overall graph of:http://www.sharkscope.com/SharkScope/Displ...Filter=6/1/2008
Made the final 2 tables. :)13/18, must run as hot as I did in day 1 and 2 to have a chance, lol.
Don't come back without a bracelet. I am serious.

Well, I've decided to get back onto the poker bandwagon and playing some very micro stakes (.01/.02). No goals as of yet, just play a decent number of hands and see how I play and get back into the swing of things.

Ship the $1k lump-sum bonus from Eurodonx with 5 hrs to spare :)Vvvery happy I got this cleared. I am now comfortably rolled for 100nl and may take a small shot at 200nl in a week or two.