Aa Question (tourny)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so clearly I am beyond retarded. But sir, tell me WHY. Explain it to me. Then I can perhaps take your expertise to heart. But back up your belittling comments please. I did not make fun of you. You can make fun of me but only if you prove it to me first.
Look up a bit.
This is way better than I put it.Nh
Good point. I can dig it.But are you saying you would not go all in if you were heads up against this same stack - assuming the sidepot business didnt exist in this little scenario
NO ITS NOT A RISK YOU HAVE TO BE WILLING TO TAKE.Tournament poker is about staying alive.. no matter what. Accumulating chips is important..but.. PROTECTING YOUR CHIPS IS 100x more important. We have a nice stack... over 30 bb's... if we shove and win the 3 way pot..then we are sitting with over 50 bb's. There is absolutely no reason to try and price another person in and take our hand 4 way to the flop.
sorry - i quoted wrong___________________________________Good point. I can dig it.But are you saying you would not go all in if you were heads up against this same stack - assuming the sidepot business didnt exist in this little scenario
But are you saying you would not go all in if you were heads up against this same stack - assuming the sidepot business didnt exist in this little scenario
If there was noone else involved you'd see the flop 2 way with you first to act.
Good point. I can dig it.But are you saying you would not go all in if you were heads up against this same stack - assuming the sidepot business didnt exist in this little scenario
like.. you're missing the whole poitn.. if he is gonna call another 3700 chips... he's probably gonna call your all in. I want to get my money in when i know im 100% ahead. Anything else is just ludicrous imho.and... what do u mean???.... im not scared to get my money in with AA if thats what ur presuming.

The main thing to me is this.If you bring along the cutoff, you can effectively increase your stack while still LOSING the main pot. To do this you have to beat one player and you hold AA. Instashoving does not guarantee this possibility.It is like hedging your bets

sorry - i quoted wrong___________________________________Good point. I can dig it.But are you saying you would not go all in if you were heads up against this same stack - assuming the sidepot business didnt exist in this little scenario
this hypothesis was not in the first hypothesis, so how can you hypothetically think about anything if you keep changing the hypothesis in the first place. you might as well not even try to hypothesize if you are going to hypothetically change the hypothesis midstream.Oh yeah Fold PF IMO. AA Always loses in multiway pots.
like.. you're missing the whole poitn.. if he is gonna call another 3700 chips... he's probably gonna call your all in. I want to get my money in when i know im 100% ahead. Anything else is just ludicrous imho.
I definitely agree that if he comes along, at one point all of your chips are going in. I never was disputing that. What i was disputing was the fact that if you go all in PF he might fold - and i think this is a mistake.You can go all in after the flop because you act first. Remember, I am saying that with this decision you have to be 100% content with the fact that you are going to shove (after you make sure you get the CO in there with you)
The main thing to me is this.If you bring along the cutoff, you can effectively increase your stack while still LOSING the main pot. To do this you have to beat one player and you hold AA. Instashoving does not guarantee this possibility.It is like hedging your bets
If you just call you're giving the CO pot odds to draw out on you. That's not a good thing btw.
I definitely agree that if he comes along, at one point all of your chips are going in. I never was disputing that. What i was disputing was the fact that if you go all in PF he might fold - and i think this is a mistake.You can go all in after the flop because you act first. Remember, I am saying that with this decision you have to be 100% content with the fact that you are going to shove (after you make sure you get the CO in there with you)
wtf makes you so positive he's going to even call in the first place?OK HERE's WHAT WILL MAKE YOU THINK YOU ARE STUPID: (MODS /THREAD AFTER THIS POST)You are telegraphing your hand if u flat here. You 100% have AA.. any other hand you would want to iso out the cutoff.You're effectively risking a 23k stack... for 3700 extra chips... because you're only getting called postflop by a hand that beats you.I win. You lose. /Thread.
If you just call you're giving the CO pot odds to draw out on you. That's not a good thing btw.
While I agree that this is a fistpumpinstashove, this statement isn't quite true. While calling does offer CO better odds than shoving, he still can't call profitably. We'll offer him about 3.8 to 1, which isn't enough for him to profitably see a river, let alone a flop. Not that we think CO is set-mining for 1/3 of his stack. So really, the answer to this "trick question" is it probably doesnt make a damn difference. If we shove, CO will either call or fold, and that's fine. If we call, he'll either fold or shove.Still, just shove.

If a new poster hypothetically asks a hypothetical question which happens to be dumb, do we (hypothetically)- try to explain it to him, even though he hypothetically appears not to grasp simple responses;- or do we hypothetically just say "ah, it's not worth it"?-----------------------------------------------Seriously, though, the answer is to make a string raise. "I call the bet... (waits for CO to call) and raise all in"

Okay so you call and the CO calls. Now the flop comes 10 J Q all spades and you don't have the A spades.What do you do? If you bet then he may have drawn out on you if you check and he bets then are you really going to call.Like everyone else is saying ... go to the flop ahead! I would way rather have the flop kill me than for me to kill myself on the flop.Peace out

Wowzers. I hate getting my money in the middle with the best hand. I'd much rather call and slow-play and let our opponent(s) flop a set, straight, flush, two pair, flush or straight draw (with which they're priced in to call since we let them see the flop cheaply and we have no fold equity).Good theory. Write a book/start a training site.

Wow, did no one except Acid Knight see my HH on the 1st page? WTF!!It's an easy fold obviously and I have the PROOF!!!PokerStars Game #17209469149: Tournament #87210271, $10+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2008/05/04 - 22:31:57 (ET)Table '87210271 7' 9-max Seat #5 is the buttonSeat 1: JjHr55 (220 in chips)Seat 2: PWBig Stacks (1145 in chips)Seat 3: JJJimbo (1435 in chips) is sitting outSeat 4: anthony040 (3625 in chips)Seat 5: blitzburg86 (1675 in chips)Seat 6: rej56 (600 in chips)Seat 7: lerany (4985 in chips)Seat 8: Knollie919 (1600 in chips)Seat 9: GalloFX (2750 in chips)rej56: posts small blind 15lerany: posts big blind 30*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to GalloFX [Ad Ac]Knollie919: foldsGalloFX said, "runner runneraments lol"Knollie919 said, "can't not push there"GalloFX: raises 60 to 90JjHr55: raises 130 to 220 and is all-inPWBig Stacks: calls 220JJJimbo: foldsanthony040: foldsblitzburg86: calls 220rej56: raises 380 to 600 and is all-inlerany: foldsGalloFX: raises 2150 to 2750 and is all-inPWBig Stacks: calls 925 and is all-inblitzburg86: calls 1455 and is all-in*** FLOP *** [7s Tc 6s]*** TURN *** [7s Tc 6s] [Kc]*** RIVER *** [7s Tc 6s Kc] [9c]*** SHOW DOWN ***GalloFX: shows [Ad Ac] (a pair of Aces)blitzburg86: shows [8h 8d] (a straight, Six to Ten)blitzburg86 collected 1060 from side pot-3PWBig Stacks: shows [8s As] (a straight, Six to Ten)PWBig Stacks collected 818 from side pot-2blitzburg86 collected 817 from side pot-2rej56: shows [Th Kh] (two pair, Kings and Tens)PWBig Stacks collected 760 from side pot-1blitzburg86 collected 760 from side pot-1JjHr55: shows [4s Ah] (high card Ace)PWBig Stacks collected 565 from main potblitzburg86 collected 565 from main potGalloFX said, "loooooooooool"*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 5345 Main pot 1130. Side pot-1 1520. Side pot-2 1635. Side pot-3 1060. | Rake 0Board [7s Tc 6s Kc 9c]Seat 1: JjHr55 showed [4s Ah] and lost with high card AceSeat 2: PWBig Stacks showed [8s As] and won (2143) with a straight, Six to TenSeat 3: JJJimbo folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: anthony040 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: blitzburg86 (button) showed [8h 8d] and won (3202) with a straight, Six to TenSeat 6: rej56 (small blind) showed [Th Kh] and lost with two pair, Kings and TensSeat 7: lerany (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 8: Knollie919 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: GalloFX showed [Ad Ac] and lost with a pair of Aces

Better question: You are in the SB and look down to see AA. It folds to you. What do you do?Before you say RAISE, really THINK about it. You have the opportunity to play HEAD UP with the NUTSSSSS!!! Why discourage action.Correct answer: Flat, then check-call the rest of the way.Easy game.

I dont think flatting OR shoving is right. If you flat and the other big stack comes along you have a dry side pot, and its going to be difficult to lure him in for any additional chips unless he hits, and a lot of the times that he "hits" its a hand that beats you. I would min-raise.

Better question: You are in the SB and look down to see AA. It folds to you. What do you do?Before you say RAISE, really THINK about it. You have the opportunity to play HEAD UP with the NUTSSSSS!!! Why discourage action.Correct answer: Flat, then check-call the rest of the way.Easy game.
I lolled

LOLZ, I love someone who posts a question but has already decided the right answer. The correct ****ing answer is that it......dun dun dun...........depends. It COMPLETELY depends on your Villain left to act. Some Villains will see a flat as indicating a monster, some will see it as weaker. Just like everything in poker, it is completely situational. Stop posting questions that you are already 100% sure you know the answer to. Having said all that......in a vacuum, Cop's line is probably the best against most Villains (ie donkish).