Bring it on.
I'd bumped the 'yanks know nothing about football, I'm a retard' thread for the game... I was then pwned by BigD for doing so (but he did have a point I guess).As for the game, what a classic, so pleased I stayed in to watch it, sheer entertainment I almost fell asleep. Bring on Euro 2008!

this was not a close game.....USA looked completely lost in the midfield. and we just wont be a world class side until we have a legitimate forward who strikes fear into the competition.our program is taking baby steps but i think World Cup 2010 is going to be another huge disappointment unless they figure out how to apply some attacking pressure.....and our free kick defense is (and always has been) terrible...

this was not a close game.....USA looked completely lost in the midfield. and we just wont be a world class side until we have a legitimate forward who strikes fear into the competition.our program is taking baby steps but i think World Cup 2010 is going to be another huge disappointment unless they figure out how to apply some attacking pressure.....and our free kick defense is (and always has been) terrible...
I think it depends on what your definition of "disappointment" is. I think it will be disappointing if we show up and lose all 3 games and go home. I think we could finish 3rd in our group, have a couple decent games and still come out of it w/ a positive outlook. There's not a whole lot of expectations right now on this squad like there was in '06 (and those expectations were ridiculous)
I think it depends on what your definition of "disappointment" is. I think it will be disappointing if we show up and lose all 3 games and go home. I think we could finish 3rd in our group, have a couple decent games and still come out of it w/ a positive outlook. There's not a whole lot of expectations right now on this squad like there was in '06 (and those expectations were ridiculous)
\what I loved best about 06 was the way radio and televison pundits, who know nothing about soccer, would rip the US for how "disappointing" they were, because they were ranked like 5 in the world going into the world cup. I even made my only call into talk radio ever, trying to explain how crazy their thinking is, and how meaningless the Fifa world rankings are, but they weren't having it. I don't think the US will ever have a world class national team, because all the real talent plays other sports. The best US strikers are Allen Iverson, Terrell Owens and Randy Moss. good luck getting them on the pitch.
\what I loved best about 06 was the way radio and televison pundits, who know nothing about soccer, would rip the US for how "disappointing" they were, because they were ranked like 5 in the world going into the world cup. I even made my only call into talk radio ever, trying to explain how crazy their thinking is, and how meaningless the Fifa world rankings are, but they weren't having it. I don't think the US will ever have a world class national team, because all the real talent plays other sports. The best US strikers are Allen Iverson, Terrell Owens and Randy Moss. good luck getting them on the pitch.
I always thought Barry Sanders would have made an unstoppable striker. Really, all I am waiting for from US soccer is for them to produce one true top of the line scorer. Just one guy who as at the level of say a Berbatov or better. I dont mind us losing at the World Cup but I do hate how anemic our offense is.
I always thought Barry Sanders would have made an unstoppable striker. Really, all I am waiting for from US soccer is for them to produce one true top of the line scorer. Just one guy who as at the level of say a Berbatov or better. I dont mind us losing at the World Cup but I do hate how anemic our offense is.
oh yeah, definatly BS, he'd be a little short for crosses, but he'd be like Maradona out there, breaking people off with his moves.