I think another idea that might be useful in the hand analysis section (real time, or private) would be to keep one of the player's cards undisclosed as the hand works out. This would give us a chance to compare how our analysis compares with those in the hand so we can see the differences in judgement. Maybe show the hand one time through in real time with no commentary and then another time with the commentary. Just an idea.
Thanks for the feedback. There is something very similar to this in the works....
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing with tools.Often you guys mention to use poker tracker or something like that. I have looked into it and it looks good. The info on the website is actually not that great on how to use it effectively. Would you be able to shoot a video using these tools, I think it would be a great lesson on how to incorporate this is our decision making process.Keep up the great work!

2nd'ed! Just got into PT yesterday and a vid would be AWESOME, there's so much to it - would love to know the best stats to display on the HUD for cash games/tourney's and especially how to use it to identify weaknesses in your own game/leaks etc

Believe me when I say everyones suggestions and comments are very important to us and are being discussed. Everyday time and effort is put into making Poker VT the best and most revolutionary poker training site period.
I can totally tell that ideas are being taken on board, much appreciated :club:

Also including a "FORUM" link at the top of the page would be very useful. I had to google and email support to find outthat there was a PokerVT Forum.They should actually have their OWN form on Pokervt.com instead of linking here.btw love the site so far, its awesome :club:

Also including a "FORUM" link at the top of the page would be very useful. I had to google and email support to find outthat there was a PokerVT Forum.They should actually have their OWN form on Pokervt.com instead of linking here.btw love the site so far, its awesome :club:
There is a Poker VT forum?

I think we need a brag forum for how well we have been dong since signing up!Last night and this mornings Heads Up play. (That is two different times, not playing all night)6-2 and one of the losses was when top two went down to a set on the river! LOL

It would be great if there was a checkbox that let you watch the next video in that section at the completion of the current vid, rather than going back to the menu

I hope this is the right place for suggestions. I have been going through the small ball lessons in order, but it's a pain when your video finishes, and it takes you back to the first list with the first lesson. It would be more user friendly to stay on the list you're on after you finish the video.Another cool feature if possible, would be if you could bookmark a lesson, and maybe even put a little note on it in case you saw something in that particular video and would like to come back to it later.So far I am really enjoying the site though!
I just wanted to second the idea of bookmarking vids.What I would like would be a page of MY FAVOURITE VIDS, so if there was a vid I wanted to watch again later, I could just add it to MY FAVOURITE VIDS.This will be even more important when the site matures and adds additional content.
I agree with both of these. I would also like to see something like a schedule where the pros will be playing and recording. Or maybe a weekly tourney that all (as many as are able) the pros record the whole thing. That would give PokerVT (or VT and FCP) members a chance to have their play commented on from the other side and how their play is perceived by a pro. For example, when I play, I know what I am trying to represent, but how is it taken by the table?

I signed up for pokervt about a week after the launch and i was thrilled with it. However, since then the amount of new content really has not been up to par with similar poker training sites. Annette posted a few videos at the launch and nothing since. The only pro who seems to regularly add new material is Adam Junglen. In addition, a lot of the new material that is posted is just answers to questions and not much strategy wise. It would also be nice if more of the pros would record tourneys that they play. Thanks guys and i hope to see more new material soon!

I signed up for pokervt about a week after the launch and i was thrilled with it. However, since then the amount of new content really has not been up to par with similar poker training sites. Annette posted a few videos at the launch and nothing since. The only pro who seems to regularly add new material is Adam Junglen. In addition, a lot of the new material that is posted is just answers to questions and not much strategy wise. It would also be nice if more of the pros would record tourneys that they play. Thanks guys and i hope to see more new material soon!
I don't mean to speak for the guys at pokervt but I know that most of them were at the WSOP, including Annette. She was working extremely hard! After that long of a time, I think they need to take a little break. I know that they are working on new things all the time. I don't know if it will come into effect but I heard one guy say that they might put a couple of novices, a few intermediates (like me), and a few pros together on a table to show what we play like and kinda talk about our play. That way everyone could get a mix of not just what pros are playing but what guys like you and I are doing out there. It's kinda hard to tell what to do when your seeing pros play every hand and not someone like yourself. Anyway, even if that never comes about, I am sure they are going to put a lot more stuff on later. The site is going to be strong and it's already making a lot of us a killing.GL

I'd really like put to DN and the others for Q&A:How did they go about progressing to other levels of thinking in poker - so moving up from 'what have I got' to 'what do they have' to 'what do they think I have' etc etc

I hope this is the right place for suggestions. I have been going through the small ball lessons in order, but it's a pain when your video finishes, and it takes you back to the first list with the first lesson. It would be more user friendly to stay on the list you're on after you finish the video.Another cool feature if possible, would be if you could bookmark a lesson, and maybe even put a little note on it in case you saw something in that particular video and would like to come back to it later.So far I am really enjoying the site though!
I agree. Thats a bug that hopefully gets fixed soon. I find myself wasting time searching where I last left off.

An obvious technical improvement would be to have a full screen mode. That would make it possible to actually see stack sizes etc. in clips that show two tables. I also think most of the clips in the and analysis and real time thought process section are too short. First you have one clip to show one players pre flop decision, then another for another players pre and flop decision, etc. By the time the hand is over you will have seen the beginning of the hand five times. There's also a lot of downtime from loading the lobby, scrolling down to find the next clip, and loading the new clip. Why not show the hand from start to end? That way you get to see how a players decision on one street directly affects another players decision/situation on the same street. I realise that there might be a lot of information at once, but you could pause the hand and have DN come in to comment on, and summarize, certain plays when a crucial error/nice play/whatever has been made. I think that would make for a better and more comfortable viewing experience for most users. Another important feature that should be fairly easy to implement is a 'play all' button. When there are 4-5 ten minute clips, I would really like the option to view them all without having to go through the steps of loading the next one.Thanks for a superb site! :club:

One small and virtually minor issue would be to allow the mouse wheel to scroll through the menus.I'm currently working through the Private Game section that conatins a whopping 66 videos. And every time, through habit I think, I keep turning the mouse wheel to scroll down - to no effect.As I said, very minor - but slightly annoying :club:

• 2 weeks later...
Ask and you shall receive....After a video finishes playing you will now have the option to play the next video or watch the same one again.Please clear your cache to implement this tool.

Agree, sometimes the watermark gets in the way a little bit, its not the end of the world but making it a little smaller would be nice.Also I think there should be a 'forum' link at the top of the site where "whats new' , 'my poker vt', 'n-spat' links are so other users know there is a forum to discuss videos and ask questions for the instructors. I had to google search to find the forum associated with this site. I remember someone posting on p5's about there NOT being a forum to discuss videos and that was a concern of mine before joining. I personally feel that there should be a seperate pokervt forum where its broken down into sub sections for each player, so wecan discuss particular videos.Love the site BTW

Ask and you shall receive....After a video finishes playing you will now have the option to play the next video or watch the same one again.Please clear your cache to implement this tool.
Good to know stuff's still been taken on board Matt, good work :club:

Can you please remove the auto loggoff feature, or at the least extend the timer considerably. I like to watch PokerVT in between my HU SnG's, and it is annoying that everytime I return to PokerVT and finish the clip, I need to go back to "Home", log in again, go to the right section, find the right player, find the right course, find the right lesson. At the very least I would like a 30 minute timer before one gets logged off, and preferably remove the auto loggoff completely.

• 2 weeks later...
I think we need a section on playing against others members who are using the SB techique in tournaments such as our Neg Open not just in the Math section maybe Daniel and Adam can do a video on this one by using our Neg open as an example.
thanks Rose
I have had a lot of improvment in my game since PVT. An Mtt win and a final table with in a couple days of eachother and multiple cashes. Cash games have been profitbale along with sit n' gos. But I think If there was a way to break down nuiances of cash games, MTT's live and online, and sit n gos. Maybe give each instructor a topic and give them a section.
Can you please remove the auto loggoff feature, or at the least extend the timer considerably. I like to watch PokerVT in between my HU SnG's, and it is annoying that everytime I return to PokerVT and finish the clip, I need to go back to "Home", log in again, go to the right section, find the right player, find the right course, find the right lesson. At the very least I would like a 30 minute timer before one gets logged off, and preferably remove the auto loggoff completely.
+1 on this. The time seems to be extremely short before you are logged off.Also, I sent a pm before I saw this thread, so in case it wasn't in the right place, in the Daniel's Tips section on Bluffing at Paired Flops, Daniel describes a situation where you are in the big blind with J8 on a 335 board. However, the graphics show you with JJ. Daniel then talks about how you completely missed the flop and goes on with the lesson. This could be very confusing if you didn't pay attention to the fact that he said J8, and is obviously not the scenario he is trying to present .
I recently was at a buddies house who is an avid deucescracked member. He has been pretty successful and I watched the series pryinnyraiding where Krantz one of the most successful nosebleed stakes online players basically plays low stakes HU cash.He basically gets fully emerged in the level and game and makes a course on how to beat it. I love PVT and its helped me alot but when I saw this this hit the nail on the head of what I think pvt is missing. I am not saying it should be like deuces cracked but I think maybe taking a page out of their book where top online pros like Junglen BoostedJ, Annette, JC Alvarado , and all the other PVT pros , Could play a low, small and medium stakes and put courses together that are not as general. And more the types of things you come across at each level and how they would react to it. For example if Junglen did a thing on $10 turbo Sngs and another pro did a course on 6max .5$/1$ Nl Cash and really just broke it down. Just a suggestion to improve the site.