So there are some good games on AP but they are all 1/2 games and I am 100% not rolled for Omaha games this aggro. But they are crazy gamblers and many times the pot size is 100BB.So what hands do you play considering this game is very aggro and you are only buying in for 50BB

So there are some good games on AP but they are all 1/2 games and I am 100% not rolled for Omaha games this aggro. But they are crazy gamblers and many times the pot size is 100BB.So what hands do you play considering this game is very aggro and you are only buying in for 50BB
With choices of:1) 200bb deep $50pl 2) 100bb deep $100pl3) 50bb deep $200pl.4) 25bb deep $400plI'd go with 1, 2, 4 then 3. /shrugI feel like I'd rather be very deep or very shallow. That way you can either play fully postflop or you can just play shove or fold on the flop. Playing with 20bb is pretty straightforward. Playing with 200bb is more complex, but you don't have to worry about stacks on later streets as much. With 50bbs I think you're going to be faced with a lot more tough turn/river decisions. With 100bb+ you know you can call with a draw, or you can raise/fold. You have options. If you raise preflop and bet flop and turn you aren't going to be overy committed if a bad river comes. With 20bbs you'd be allin by the turn at the latest and with 100bbs you would have plenty more behind.I haven't played PLO in a while though so I imagine Bud or bdc will have more informed opinions.

fwiw, bundy and I both moved some money to AP, but the games just aren't good enough nor frequent enough to play with any regularity.

fwiw, bundy and I both moved some money to AP, but the games just aren't good enough nor frequent enough to play with any regularity.
Noted....(or are you just trying to keep the juicy AP action for yourselves...?)

We were both back on the major sites within a week. Not enough games going on AP, maybe 2 or 3 at MOST and that's during peak times.

well that is the issue I am having it only seems that the 1/2 level is the softest game, and they don't run all the time but when they do it is unreal. They tend to run in the afternoons about 2-3pm EST.

We were both back on the major sites within a week. Not enough games going on AP, maybe 2 or 3 at MOST and that's during peak times.
This may change in the future. At the UB Cross Canada Tour I asked one of their guys if UB and AP may merge since they are falling behind in player numbers (they have the smae ownership apparently). He said they are likely to merge the players/tables behind the scenes, but run as separate brands. Combined that should take their traffic up to about where FT is.

OP, for the 1/2 game on AP, i tend to play EXTREMELY tight preflop and shove or fold postflop, since reading your opponents in that game is damn near impossible for most of the players, and they're willing to go for the gold with bottom two pair most of the time. you could conceivably play a lot of hands preflop, but i tend not to just in an effort to lower my variance at a super crazy game that i beat pretty well anyway.also, position doesn't matter very much in that game, since most of your opponents are playing shove or fold postflop as well. they're just very bad at doing so, lol.

This may change in the future. At the UB Cross Canada Tour I asked one of their guys if UB and AP may merge since they are falling behind in player numbers (they have the smae ownership apparently). He said they are likely to merge the players/tables behind the scenes, but run as separate brands. Combined that should take their traffic up to about where FT is.
If they keep the merger behind the scenes, could you unknowingly play against yourself at the same table if you happen to be playing on both AP and UB at the same time?It seems to me, if mergers happen, they shouldn't remain "behind closed doors".
If they keep the merger behind the scenes, could you unknowingly play against yourself at the same table if you happen to be playing on both AP and UB at the same time?It seems to me, if mergers happen, they shouldn't remain "behind closed doors".
LOL at the thought of playing yourself HU and not realising.Wonder what your read would be?
The merger would not be behind closed doors. We are talking about UB and AP here. They have a long lasting, well deserved reputation of being very open with their customers and treating them with nothing but respect.

I think to overcome the ridiculously high variance in PLO you should play as many hands as you can with the biggest stacks possible.

I've waiting to answer this for two days because I've been trying to figure out if it is a joke question or not. Still haven't, but:No, they won't do a merger in secret "behind closed doors", why would they? In fact I'm sure they would announce it loudly because it would be a huge improvement to double the traffic at their tables. What they will do is start operating as skins on the same network (ala Crytoplogic network with InterPoker, WilliamHill, LittleWoods, PokerPlex and other brand names sharing the same player base, playing on the same tables).So no, you could not play against yourself. On Crypto sites for example, you can log in on more than one skin, but can't sit in at the same table.