A Near Miss With A Tornado

I'm sure at least some of you heard about the tornadoes in the Windsor, CO area today. I live in nearby Loveland, work in Greeley and my Dad and step-Mom live in Windsor. As I was stuck in a two-hour journey (usually a 20 minute drive) to work dodging hail and another twister coming through when I heard on the radio Windsor was hit hard in the area right by my dad's house. After a few hours of failed cell phone calls I finally got though to him. His house was fine other than some hail damage and a few broken windows. Three blocks east is complete destruction. Homes destroyed, cars ruined, pets lost and the city is a wreck. The agricultural damage in the surrounding area will be in the millions of dollars. I have already heard from one customer at our store that had to bury 12 cows and 31 calves that were killed by flying debris. I don't really know where I'm going with all this but I do ask for your prayers, thoughts, chants, happy voodoo or whatever good vibes you can throw the way of these folks. I've already scrapped the weekend camping plans to go help out in Windsor in any way possible. So please keep em in your thoughts. I feel so fortunate for my family but the lives of others are in shambles.

Happy voodoo to you and your friends, family, etc, because I know you, and probably most hockey fans in Colorado are cheering for the Pens in the finals. :DGlad to hear you're ok, anyways.

I'm sure at least some of you heard about the tornadoes in the Windsor, CO area today. I live in nearby Loveland, work in Greeley and my Dad and step-Mom live in Windsor. As I was stuck in a two-hour journey (usually a 20 minute drive) to work dodging hail and another twister coming through when I heard on the radio Windsor was hit hard in the area right by my dad's house. After a few hours of failed cell phone calls I finally got though to him. His house was fine other than some hail damage and a few broken windows. Three blocks east is complete destruction. Homes destroyed, cars ruined, pets lost and the city is a wreck. The agricultural damage in the surrounding area will be in the millions of dollars. I have already heard from one customer at our store that had to bury 12 cows and 31 calves that were killed by flying debris. I don't really know where I'm going with all this but I do ask for your prayers, thoughts, chants, happy voodoo or whatever good vibes you can throw the way of these folks. I've already scrapped the weekend camping plans to go help out in Windsor in any way possible. So please keep em in your thoughts. I feel so fortunate for my family but the lives of others are in shambles.
Glad to hear everything is o.k., it's cool of you to go help out. It's entirely possible you could still end up camping, though. Just beating somebody else to it.
I know you, and probably most hockey fans in Colorado are cheering for the Pens in the finals. :club:
You're damn right we're rootin' for the Pens!

Glad your safe.A few weeks ago a tornado hit Gladstone, MO and the wife and I weren't getting along so I was staying with a friend in Gladstone. It was very intense I got my dog and he got his cat and we went to the basement and when it was over his house was fine. But there was alot of carnage in the neighborhood including a pawn shop that basically disappeared.

I have already heard from one customer at our store that had to bury 12 cows and 31 calves that were killed by flying debris.
this makes for good stew
You're damn right we're rootin' for the Pens!
Not that my thoughts and prayers didn't go out to those affected by this before, but this didn't hurt getting a little extra prayer or two :club:
Happy voodoo to you and your friends, family, etc, because I know you, and probably most hockey fans in Colorado are cheering for the Pens in the finals. :club: Glad to hear you're ok, anyways.
Why would you say that Zach? Its not like 99.93% of Colorado hockey fans hate the Wings.Good vibes being sentoh wait....thats right, we do. Touche, Zach. Go Pens

I lived in Broomfield, CO for 3 months last summer, and there were so many nights when i though a tornado was imminent. But everyone kept saying..."oh no, tornadoes don't ever touch in CO...they'll only hit in the foothills and in Nebraska. I'm so sorry to hear about the Tornado, and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family sir. My pastor and his family are still there in the Broomfield area, but not close to the touchdown area...so I was pretty relieved to hear that.Anyway, take care and keep us updated. And not to get "all religious up in here" lol...but may God Bless you as you go and help out.