Offical Euro 2008 Thread...

Portugal looked fantastic. I love that attacking soccer seems to be the normal flow for these games. It is such a 180 from Euro 2004. As good as Ronaldo was/is.....Deco was the guy who seemed to really dominate the game. He had his way down the left side and it paid constant dividends....

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Portugal looked fantastic.
I thought their defense looked really soft and the CR let quite a few easy scoring opportunities pass them by. I like watching this team, but I don't expect them to be a threat to win it all.

Congrats Bud. I hope you got that bet in. Next time you want to place something let me know and I can get something on bodog for you. That field they played on was disgusting. I don't know that much about rivalries, but it didn't look like Turkey and Switzerland were fans of each other. Looked like a lot of dirty play.....and I'm not talking about the condition of the field.

i love world/euro cup soccer the atmosphere is awsome , rooting for portugal since i am /hope to at least make the finals and have some partys .only thing is getting drunk before 12 pm kinda sux ... wish the games were at 4-7 instead lol

Scolari, manager of Chelsea... Interesting that they've signed him right now. That means he's obviously been having meetings/sorting out arrangements/contract talks etc, while with Portugal at the Euros. Funny that.. when England were after him he didn't have time because he was busy with Portugal, apparently. I imagine the money they've offered him is fairly obscene, so I can understand, but it's a little risky for him if Portugal fail to do well. He could be blamed for not being focused purely on the tournament.

Portugal looked fantastic. I love that attacking soccer seems to be the normal flow for these games. It is such a 180 from Euro 2004. As good as Ronaldo was/is.....Deco was the guy who seemed to really dominate the game. He had his way down the left side and it paid constant dividends....
From the games I have seen, I have been dissapointed with the quality and attractiveness. Portugal/Czech was by far the best game.. Weekend games were very dissapointing. Best game I have seen in the last week was a non-euro on Sunday night Arg/USA, until today of course. France/Romania was absolutely horrid. Did not see yesturday's games, however. I can only guess that Spain/Russia was good to watch with the goals scored
Congrats Bud. I hope you got that bet in. Next time you want to place something let me know and I can get something on bodog for you. That field they played on was disgusting. I don't know that much about rivalries, but it didn't look like Turkey and Switzerland were fans of each other. Looked like a lot of dirty play.....and I'm not talking about the condition of the field.
Thanks mate. I couldn't place that bet , i guess noone was interested in a quick , effortless $20.We are a more technical team than Switzerland so that heavy field really stopped us. But still Switzerland played a lot more clever than us during that rain , they turned it to an advantage.But besides all that , Fatih Terim is driving us crazy with the senseless choices he makes. In 2nd half , he came to sense and put another striker Semih ( Top scorer in Turkish leauge this year) in with Arda , the best player in the team IMO. They both scored one goal.About the rivalry it all started in 2006 World cup elemination. Players started a big fight the minute match is over and it contiuned in the tunnel. We got a 6 match penalty from FIFA. Independant stadium and no spectators for 6 matches (6 matches of EURO 2008 elemination). Switzerland didn't get any punsihment because they are the spoiled little boy of europe. They are like the kid who hides behind his older brothers and sticks his tongue at you.
I'd like to put some money on Russia to get out of their group if anyones interested, but I can't pay up for around a month and a half, as I need to send money home for other things and my travelling debts will be paid off, but asides from that I'm up for a bet, I have a fine rep on fcp, I just dont know anyone.Russia lost to spain 4:1 and have greece and sweden to play
How much do you want to bet and what are the odds?

Interesting situation on Sunday Turkey vs Czech Republic..In the case of a tie, they will go to penalty kicks to decide who advances out of the group..As all the other tie breaking procedures are identical..Here is my question..What if two teams tie in all the other categories like Turkey and Czech but DONT play each other..What will they do , just bring the two teams together for the sake of penalty kicks??

How much do you want to bet and what are the odds?
I basically will have to opt out of this as betting without solid money is not good. If you want to hear the full reason I'll explain but basically, I live in a different country, credit card from home maxed, have to transfer money home when I get paid, clear my debt and also deposit some on poker site to play, but debt should be paid even though Im a joker, and I'll probably go for cake as I want rakeback and I know your primarily a full tilt player....well blah blah, its too much effort to do this bet and I don't like the idea of betting and not being able to pay up, or if you lost you giving me money that I wouldnt have been able to give to you for 1/2 months if I lost. So, sorry for the false leading, it all seemed easily doable when I posted it
Interesting situation on Sunday Turkey vs Czech Republic..In the case of a tie, they will go to penalty kicks to decide who advances out of the group..As all the other tie breaking procedures are identical..Here is my question..What if two teams tie in all the other categories like Turkey and Czech but DONT play each other..What will they do , just bring the two teams together for the sake of penalty kicks??
This i'd like to learn as well.
well blah blah, its too much effort to do this bet and I don't like the idea of betting and not being able to pay up, or if you lost you giving me money that I wouldnt have been able to give to you for 1/2 months if I lost. So, sorry for the false leading, it all seemed easily doable when I posted it
You should be more careful while offering or even suggesting "the posibility" of a bet around us degens :PIt is ok mate. Football will always be around. Hope you smooth out things soon and we can do silly bets!
Croatia gona take this down, picked them from the start
Yeah, see.. England wern't that bad. Just lost to a very good team! :club: Today: Italy 3 - 1 RomaniaHolland 2 - 1 France
italy and france suck. the power of european football is shifting to spain/portugal/holland by the looks of things. i am sticking by prediction of spain/portugal in the final.
I hope you're right, and that these teams arn't starting off too well... they've played the most exciting football by a mile.Today:Spain 3 - 1 SwedenGreece 2 - 1 Russia
It gets kinda confusing after that...as far as I know, either the team with the better UEFA coefficient (which is calculated by the matches they played in the prelims and the last Euro(I think...lol)) advances, OR it's decided by lot(I just had to look that word up, idk if it's right or not), so they'll be pretty much flipping a coin.I think neither of these combinations is fair at all...but it's just hard to get another option...#hope that helped a little :club:
italy and france suck. the power of european football is shifting to spain/portugal/holland by the looks of things. i am sticking by prediction of spain/portugal in the final.
you really believe that? Italy are animals. And also, you're predicting spain or portugal in the final, settle down there, thats just crazy talk.
you really believe that? Italy are animals. And also, you're predicting spain or portugal in the final, settle down there, thats just crazy talk.
obviously they dont suck but football is cyclical and those two formally great teams have finally found out that they need to get some younger legs in. the average age of the italian squad is over 30 and the french average age is up there as well. imo thats why those two teams got hit on the break continually by holland at the end of each game. the old, tired legs are finally catching up with them and the dutch exploited it. 4 years time when the likes of nasri and benzema etc are hitting their peak then france will once again be a power but dont know much about any young italians to be honest. portugal made the final in the last championship so i dont know how that can be considered crazy talk, especially when they have the best player in the world in their ranks and probably one of the top two coachs leading them (hiddink being the other). spain havent ever lived up to their hype which is worrying but i would contend that they have the most talented squad in the tournament by a long shot - any time fabregas cant get in your starting lineup then you have to have some team. if they can hold it together then i think it'll be portugal/spain in the final.

lol Rin, I was being sarcastic about spain/portugal. They are huge teams great teams with portugal reaching the finals and looking really good and professional, and Spain look like a much better package, so I thought it was funny to "predict" that one of these great teams would be in the final, picking one fair enough, but two of them made me laugh.

lol Rin, I was being sarcastic about spain/portugal. They are huge teams great teams with portugal reaching the finals and looking really good and professional, and Spain look like a much better package, so I thought it was funny to "predict" that one of these great teams would be in the final, picking one fair enough, but two of them made me laugh.
fair enough, when i told people before the tournament that i thought that would be the final i was met with derision for the most part, everyone saying germany, france and italy. obviously they havent made it yet but you can see how i was confused!
fair enough, when i told people before the tournament that i thought that would be the final i was met with derision for the most part, everyone saying germany, france and italy. obviously they havent made it yet but you can see how i was confused!
well I was mistaken, as "portugal/spain" in my head means portugal or spain, so hence why i thought it was funny, i thought if spain played croatia you were still right etc.anyway lets end this nonsense