Offical Euro 2008 Thread...

I think Germany is a good pick, but god damn I hate them and their style. Question for Euros.. with the Competition being in Austria, will Germany have a "home pitch" advantage at all, being that most Austrians are ethnically german and speak german? Or do Austria and Germany have a bitter rivalry and the crowds may take a anti-german color.
Theres a big rivalry, Austria and Switz go insane if they beat them, and in the Euro 2008 it would be off the charts. Not sure about a bitter rivarly, but Austria would in no way support Germany in the matches, so most likely cheering agaisnt them. I don't think it would be anything noticeable or anything though.
  • Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone wants to create a 'fantasy team' http://en.fantasy.euro2008.uefa.com/I've created an FCP league, to join the code is 183633-31791My team:AkinfeevEvraBosingwaCorlukaMellbergRiberySilvaMoutinhoModricTorresKloseArshavinI fancy Russia to do well this year, Hiddink's a great manager and Arshavin and Akinfeev are both great players.

If anyone wants to create a 'fantasy team' http://en.fantasy.euro2008.uefa.com/I've created an FCP league, to join the code is 183633-31791My team:AkinfeevEvraBosingwaCorlukaMellbergRiberySilvaMoutinhoModricTorresKloseArshavinI fancy Russia to do well this year, Hiddink's a great manager and Arshavin and Akinfeev are both great players.
Oooh funsies. I'll join, but some friendly advice before I do. Arshavin is suspended for the first 2 games, can't do much from the stands!

I joined the league, I got pretty fed up with the picking processRicardocapdevillaAbidalLahmZambrottaDecoSchweinsteigerPirloIniestaKollerAnelka

finally a tournament that i can enjoy and not fear the inevitable penalty exit that bewaits england.my money is on a portugal v spain final. a lot of guys are saying portugal have no one to finish ronaldo's good work but the guy scored 42 on his own this year, he doesnt need people to finish his work cos he does it himself!cesc fabregas to be player of the tourn.

finally a tournament that i can enjoy and not fear the inevitable penalty exit that bewaits england.my money is on a portugal v spain final. a lot of guys are saying portugal have no one to finish ronaldo's good work but the guy scored 42 on his own this year, he doesnt need people to finish his work cos he does it himself!cesc fabregas to be player of the tourn.
make alot of money betting on Port and Spain in international competition, do you?Anyone else think group C is fcking insane? How can you have the Dutch, Italy and france all in one group? Groups A and D are Jokes compared to C.
make alot of money betting on Port and Spain in international competition, do you?Anyone else think group C is fcking insane? How can you have the Dutch, Italy and france all in one group? Groups A and D are Jokes compared to C.
nope but i've never bet either team before. if i said my money is on greece this time round would that be more sensible than portugal or spain?
nope but i've never bet either team before. if i said my money is on greece this time round would that be more sensible than portugal or spain?
depends on the odds you were getting.
Turkey will win this tourney...Book it
For reals?I don't think you're being completely serious, but if you want Turkey action I'll say they won't even get out their group.
Because for reasons known only to UEFA, the seedings were done based on FIFA rankings at the time, which we all know to be bs. Holland are the top seeds despite finishing second in qualifying to Romania. France were 2 and Italy, the World champions were 3. Other top seeds: Austria/Switzerland (as hosts obv, but with a combined tournament record that not even a mother could be proud of). Greece. I'd prefer it if they drew Austria/Switzerland first to ensure they were in different groups then arranged the draw sensibly so teams that didn't go through qualifying together would stay apart. Bit late now though, kick-off looms!
are you turkish or something?
Actually I was born in Turkey...Lived there till I was 8 years old..I am not Turkish though..As I am Armenian..For those that know the story between Armenians and Turks its not a pleasant one..However I always support Turkish soccer as its my country of birth and I actually think they are pretty good..Just bet them on bet 365 $10 to win $500For those that dont remember Turkey finished 3rd in the 2002 World Cup..And they have one of the best leagues in Europe..GO TURKEY
Actually I was born in Turkey...Lived there till I was 8 years old..I am not Turkish though..As I am Armenian..For those that know the story between Armenians and Turks its not a pleasant one..
I do know the story, and because I do, I'm sorry I asked if you were turkish. I'm also rather shocked you support Turkey in international competitions. What are your feelings on the Armenian Express?50621.jpg
I do know the story, and because I do, I'm sorry I asked if you were turkish. I'm also rather shocked you support Turkey in international competitions. What are your feelings on the Armenian Express?50621.jpg
I have Turkish friends and I dont hold the current generation responsible for what happened over 90 years ago...GO Armenian Express..By the way not sure if you are aware..The first Armenian is about to be drafted into the NHL..Zach Bogosian is ranked 3rd for this years draft, some have him as high as number two...

Penalty time in the Swiss game, looks like the Czech will hold on, shame because the Swiss played the better game.Overall a good game to watch, I'm definitely glad Euro 2008 is finally here. Opening ceremonies were fun.

lol... huh?
yes...was it funny???They have a lot of world class players playing in Turkey...
yes...was it funny???They have a lot of world class players playing in Turkey...
I guess it's probably depends on how many leagues we're talking about to consider Turkey one of the best.. as I understand it, the Turkish league is like the Scottish league, extremely top heavy, with Galatasaray and Fenersomething having by far the best squads in the league.
not that funny I guess... just seemed slighly amusing to read that it's one of the best leagues in Europe, because it's really not. At all. That's all I've got to say on it, if you want to think is, that's fine... whatever.As for the game, could have been 5-0. We may have just seen this year's champions, imo... they really look like a 'team' (with great players and coach too), something harder to create at international level.
lol... huh?
exactly what I thought but I let it be, 3 ok teams, but no where near the best league in europe or close to the top 3. Lyon would run riot over any of them
exactly what I thought but I let it be, 3 ok teams, but no where near the best league in europe or close to the top 3. Lyon would run riot over any of them
The Football Leauge Championship (the tier below the primiership) may be a better league top to bottom than turkey.