Offical Euro 2008 Thread...

Avram Grant was commentating for the Israeli channel, and(friend translated) he said after the match he felt really bad for Ballack as after the champions league Ballack said to him "Why does it keep happening to me? Why me? Why does it keep happening"? I'm not putting that forward saying he was whining, I feel bad for him. World Cup Final(he was suspended) Champs league final and this, and theres probably more.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avram Grant was commentating for the Israeli channel, and(friend translated) he said after the match he felt really bad for Ballack as after the champions league Ballack said to him "Why does it keep happening to me? Why me? Why does it keep happening"? I'm not putting that forward saying he was whining, I feel bad for him. World Cup Final(he was suspended) Champs league final and this, and theres probably more.
While with Leverkusen in '02 he lost his first CL final and the Bundesliga and German cup. I bet he's thankful for his time at Bayern so he has some gold medals!

UEFA's team of the tournament:Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Buffon (Italy), Iker Casillas (Spain), Edwin van der Sar (Netherlands).Defenders: Bosingwa (Portugal), Philipp Lahm (Germany), Carlos Marchena (Spain), Pepe (Portugal), Carles Puyol (Spain), Yuri Zhirkov (Russia).Midfielders: Hamit Altıntop (Turkey), Luka Modrić (Croatia), Marcos Senna (Spain), Xavi Hernández (Spain)*, Konstantin Zyryanov (Russia), Michael Ballack (Germany), Cesc Fàbregas (Spain), Andrés Iniesta (Spain), Lukas Podolski (Germany), Wesley Sneijder (Netherlands).Forwards: Andrei Arshavin (Russia), Roman Pavlyuchenko (Russia), Fernando Torres (Spain), David Villa (Spain).*= Player of the tournamentThoughts?

Yea he's pretty good seeing, even though he was suspended for the first 2 games, agaisnt spain and greece, Hiddink still included him. He scored the crucial goal agaisnt sweden too. He plays in russia for Petersburgh or zenit or something I think. I'd heard about him but never seen him either. will be interesting what offers he gets after that performance
Looks like the answer to that may be a £12m transfer to Chelsea.

well i was in vegas so couldnt get on fcp to post on this thread but i was right about russia/holland, and i am real glad that spain won the lot as they were clearly the class of the tournament. the way they knocked the ball around right til the very end was so impressive. silva needs to go to arsenal, he would fit in so well there.