You guys are mean...everyone knows it's pronounced "Roy".
I think you're joking, but plenty of players say Roy, just cause it's quicker and more easy to say.Poker players pronounce acronyms all the time.

FWIW, I have NEVER EVER heard anyone pronounce it "roy." Always "arr-o-eye."Also, a little known fact that ROI actually has an infamous past, ala KFC. In medieval times, just like "Kitchen Fresh" was once "Kentucky Fried," "Return on Investment" was once "Rank of Inequity," a realistic, if not somewhat cynical, measure of how favorable (or not) a trade, bartering agreement or transaction was. Of course, in those days, ROI was measured not in %'s but in hard goods.For example, the decision of a pillaging warrior to take the single-but-somewhat-homely daughter of a beheaded foe would have an ROI of +10 chickens or +5 goats, the approximate value of a dowry for an average-looking female with slightly brown teeth and barely conspicuous upper lip hair. Similarly, if a serf slept with a lady of ill means and got crabs (known as "tinkers" then), his ROI on that decision may have been deemed, say, -10 leeches, since leeches were the only form of medication back then and in such cases, 10 would routinely be applied to one's scrote in the unlikely hopes they would consume said crabs.That said, just like Kitchen Fresh>KY Fried, I like today's R-O-I much better. Way more optimistic, way more accurate.

And yet youd be laughed out of the board room saying "Roy", but ridiculed for spelling out "E-B-I-T-D-A".
Holy crap, I had to look that one up. Do people say the whole phrase or do they pronounce the acronym as a word?
As a word "eebitdahhhhh"
Jeebus. That's awful. At this rate, someday we'll all just shuffle around and growl/mumble/bark at each other.
And yet youd be laughed out of the board room saying "Roy", but ridiculed for spelling out "E-B-I-T-D-A".
Holy crap, I had to look that one up. Do people say the whole phrase or do they pronounce the acronym as a word?
I would like to because it is a lot easier than saying 'earnings before income taxes, depreciation and amortization'And who the eff pronounces R.O.I. ROY? We all know ROY is Rookie of the Year.