fulltilt tournaments - unregister?

I was able to qualify for the "Piece of the Pros" tourney, and I was curious about the same thing. Unfortunately when I opened the tourney window the "Unregister" button was disabled. So it would appear there is no way to escape these tourneys once you have qualified. Once again though, "Pieces of the Pros" is the only type of tournament I have tried this for. There is no real reason to think it would be different in any other tournament, but that is all I can tell you for certain. Hope that was some help for you.

I just got an email back from them saying you can't unregister. I HATE that. I was in the middle of a satellite (and doing well) and realized that the follow-up tournament was on a day that I was unavailable. I love that Poker Stars lets you unregister and use the chips elsewhere...so much more convenient.

yeah i wish you could do that too but FT just doesnt have as many tournies yet as Stars...that happend to me once, where i looked and saw that i was going out of town and wouldnt be able to play in the tourney i was currently in the satelite for (so i ended up bubbling on purpose to get the cash prize, and not the tourny entry) but basically it comes down to being responsible enough to look ahead on your own