• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's RIDICULOUS value for 'Melo. There were rumblings around these parts that the Pistons were discussing Hamilton/Wallace or Billups/Prince or some combination like that. Give me Marion -- who is awesome and has a contract that has value should the Nuggets be unable to contend -- and Beasley -- who should be a dominant NBA player; he's the best NCAA big man in years, regardless of his less-than-perfect stature -- any day. That would be TONS of value for 'MeloAre you saying he's bad at defense? That he's really good offensively, but his defensive ability makes him worth less than most think, meaning it will be tough for teams to win with him? Or are you saying he doesn't have enough "heart" or something like that? Because if it's the "heart" thing then: PUKE. "...how much of a winner he is at the NBA level is the question." Please, please, please don't tell me you are attacking him for lacking the "winner-gene." Wang
Melo won an NCAA championship by carrying a team as a frosh in college. I dont think you just forget how to be a winner....Denver is a dysfunctional mess and a change needs to be made there.The rumor is that Riley is not interested in this trade....I think it would have been the fairest trade for a superstar ever really....but Melo is what 24? so you should have to give up close to full value for him. in any event, it looks like Denver wont trade him so I wont get to see a Wade/Melo offense no matter what. Sigh.Heat should just take Beasley at this point....the offer they got from the Sonics blows. (Wilcox and the 4th pick for the 2nd pick and Mark Blount's bad contract.)
Heat should just take Beasley at this point....the offer they got from the Sonics blows. (Wilcox and the 4th pick for the 2nd pick and Mark Blount's bad contract.)
I heard something about Memphis offering up the 5th pick and Mike Connely Jr which probably wouldn't be a bad trade for either team. It would move Wade off the ball and let him actually function as a SG.
I heard something about Memphis offering up the 5th pick and Mike Connely Jr which probably wouldn't be a bad trade for either team. It would move Wade off the ball and let him actually function as a SG.
I could get behind that. Sadly, the rumor I heard was Kyle Lowry, Mike Miller and the #5 pick for Beasley.If it was Conley instead of Lowry, I think i would do it.

Thoughts on where my KU boys (Darrell Arthur, Brandon Rush, Mario Chalmers) will be taken? They are ALL over the map on all the different mock drafts, so I'm curious to see where they end up. If Mario doesn't go in the first round, I've lost all faith in the NBA. :club:

Thoughts on where my KU boys (Darrell Arthur, Brandon Rush, Mario Chalmers) will be taken? They are ALL over the map on all the different mock drafts, so I'm curious to see where they end up. If Mario doesn't go in the first round, I've lost all faith in the NBA. :club:
I'd expect all of them to go between 10-25th picks. Arthur seems to be the one most up and down on draft boards though, I've seen him as high as number 8 and as low as 22.

I think the steal of the draft could end up being Chris Douglas Roberts out of Memphis. That kid is NBA ready at the 2 or 3 and seems to be getting no respect. If he ends up dropping to the Hornets at 27 he is going to form a phenomenal back court with Paul.

I'd expect all of them to go between 10-25th picks. Arthur seems to be the one most up and down on draft boards though, I've seen him as high as number 8 and as low as 22.
Yeah. It'll be interesting to see how Arthur does at the next level. He's shown signs of brilliance, but became somewhat of a black hole when he got the ball inside alot this season. B-Rush to the Suns would be a great pick, imo....and I still think Chalmers will eventually end up being the 2nd best PG in this draft, behind Rose.Edit: I just looked at Chad Ford's most recent mock draft...he has Chalmers being the 1st Jayhawk taken at 12 now to Sacramento! Granted, Ford hates Arthur. He still has Rush going to the Suns at 15 and Arthur at 18 to Washington...interesting.

God, please don't trot out the whole " I don't think X is a winner" chestnut. This is just a garbage, goto thing that hack sports radio talk show hosts to rail about in order to fill up time. Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce all weren't "winners" until, of course, they won. It should be even more absurd for Melo, because, I mean HE CARRIED HIS TEAM TO A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP AS A FRESHMAN!That team was like a 6 seed in the NCAA tourney or something, it wasn't like he was piece of a hugely talented squad or something. He CARRIED the team to the championship. Yes, he has some issues, yes he fights like a girl. But I think Denver will be making a huge mistake if they trade him for 40 cents on the dollar. He's one of the most talented young players in the league, and is going to be one of top 10 players in the league for oh, the next 10-12 years. To dismiss him because he's not a "winner" is stupid and meaningless as an abstract concept and as a literal concept it's inaccurate. On another note, I'm going to be sick if the bulls don't take Rose.

I'm on the fence. I was even pro-Beasley, pre-hight disclosure. Care to elaborate?
I'd be on the fence about them too, but the Bulls have to like the idea of a PG who can distribute to a lot of scorers or get his own shot considering their current roster.
God, please don't trot out the whole " I don't think X is a winner" chestnut. This is just a garbage, goto thing that hack sports radio talk show hosts to rail about in order to fill up time. Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce all weren't "winners" until, of course, they won. It should be even more absurd for Melo, because, I mean HE CARRIED HIS TEAM TO A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP AS A FRESHMAN!That team was like a 6 seed in the NCAA tourney or something, it wasn't like he was piece of a hugely talented squad or something. He CARRIED the team to the championship. Yes, he has some issues, yes he fights like a girl. But I think Denver will be making a huge mistake if they trade him for 40 cents on the dollar. He's one of the most talented young players in the league, and is going to be one of top 10 players in the league for oh, the next 10-12 years. To dismiss him because he's not a "winner" is stupid and meaningless as an abstract concept and as a literal concept it's inaccurate. On another note, I'm going to be sick if the bulls don't take Rose.
QFMFT!God I hate this, "He won in college BS." SO FUCKING WHAT? Just complete garbage. Personal comparison: I was the MVP on a shitty team in high school (Volleyball though, but nonetheless.) Does that mean I didn't have a winning mentality? Hell no, I tried to win with everything I had, but when 1 or 2 out of 6 plays like that at a time, it's kinda hard to win. Most, if not all of the guys who get to the NBA were superstars at some level or another and they sure as hell want to win. But not everyone can do it alone.
I'm on the fence. I was even pro-Beasley, pre-hight disclosure. Care to elaborate?
Well, with the rules changes, I think it's a point guard's league right now, I think a quick, athletic PG that has his own shot can absolutely dominate the game right now. And I seriously joined the CP bandwagon during these playoffs ( along with the Rose Bandwagon during the NCAA) so the idea of having a dominate pointguard on the bulls really excites me.. I think Beasley will be a great player, I'm just more excited about rose.
LOL.
Just think of it. Two Sashas on the Lakers. Thats gotta be the first time thats ever happened.D Jack is pretty solid too. I mean, they dont really need anything, so just take one of my KU boys.
Just think of it. Two Sashas on the Lakers. Thats gotta be the first time thats ever happened.D Jack is pretty solid too. I mean, they dont really need anything, so just take one of my KU boys.
Sasha's pretty much locked into playing in Russia. Jackson could become a "Turiaf-type" guy in the NBA, imo, but I'd be surprised if he gets drafted.
Sasha's pretty much locked into playing in Russia. Jackson could become a "Turiaf-type" guy in the NBA, imo, but I'd be surprised if he gets drafted.
I know, I know.Lakers probably go after an athletic type, who can defend. Or a project. But its nice to hope.
I know, I know.Lakers probably go after an athletic type, who can defend. Or a project. But its nice to hope.
They're supposed to be close to moving up to Seattle's 32nd pick, the plan is to take George Hill from IUPUI if they get it.

I hate Melo and I think he's a loser.There. I said it.Edit: Also, European teams need to stop effing paying Spurs draft picks so much. We need Tiago Splitter right the fruck now. And I hope they sign JR Smith.

The point about Melo winning in college has been made (though McNamara and Warrick are a bit pissed about the CARRIED thing).Looks like he is off the market anyway.The news is that the Heat are definitely trying to trade this pick because Riley hates Beasley's tude. Imo, this is a huge mistake.....Beasley will win ROY. But here are the scenarios.1) Miami trades the #2 pick plus Daequan Cook to Memphis for Conley, Miller and the #5 pick. Then Miami takes Bayless (assuming Mayo is gone). Apparently, Bayless had a monster workout with the Heat and Riles is high on him.Chances (imo): 35%2) Miami trades the #2 pick plus Marion to the Clippers for Elton Brand and the #7 pick. Then Miami takes Bayless (if available) or they do something surprising. I honestly dont know who they would take at 7 if Bayless is gone. Maybe trade down again and get Augustin or Chalmers? Take Kevin Love or a Lopez? Galinari? No clue.Chances : 20%3) Miami stays put and takes Beasley. They look to make a trade later or just keep him.Chances: 20%4) Miami trades the #2 pick plus Mark Blount's Bad contract to Seattle for the #4 pick and Chris Wilcox's expiring contract. It is reported the Heat want to make the trade with Seattle more interesting and find a way to also get Jeff Green but Seattle is balking at that.Chances: 10%5) Miami does the dumbest thing ever and stays at #2 and takes Mayo. My head explodes.Chances: 8%6) something crazyChances: 7%