• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN was talking about the possibility of them trading Wade last night.
which is a joke. This "rumor" was started by a Chicago columnist. PLEASE. Even the terms being thrown around were hilarious. Chicago gets Wade AND the #2 pick? Right right, the heat are going to trade a superstar just so they can move up one spot. Nice try. Maybe the heat would trade Wade for the #1 pick plus Ben Gordon. That would at least be approaching fair value....and the Heat could feature a lineup of Rose, Gordon, Marion, Beasley, and Haslem. And they still would NEVER do it. It's Dwayne freakin Wade!
PLZ BARON DON'T LEAVE!
whats the talk?
which is a joke. This "rumor" was started by a Chicago columnist. PLEASE. Even the terms being thrown around were hilarious. Chicago gets Wade AND the #2 pick? Right right, the heat are going to trade a superstar just so they can move up one spot. Nice try. Maybe the heat would trade Wade for the #1 pick plus Ben Gordon. That would at least be approaching fair value....and the Heat could feature a lineup of Rose, Gordon, Marion, Beasley, and Haslem. And they still would NEVER do it. It's Dwayne freakin Wade!
yeah, LOL at the D Wade trade talk.
He said he wants to play for D'Antoni in New York... I don't see why. :club:
Wierd considering he plays a similar style in GS, unless he wants to play for a coach who has been more successful with it and in a larger market.
Michael Beasley was officially measure at the pre-draft camp at 6'8". He was listed 6'10" at K-State. Not good for him.
As for Beasley... I just think he's too short to dominate as a big man in the nba. Listed at 6'10, but I've heard that people who've seen him think it's more like 6'9 at best. I am sure he'll be a solid player, but not sure if he's the guy to win a championship either.
Told ya so. :club:
ESPN was talking about the possibility of them trading Wade last night.
If a blockbuster happens, the Heat will be involved.....but I highly doubt Wade would be involved. He is the face of the franchise and not far removed from completely dominating an NBA finals. However, I have heard some interesting rumblings. Apparently, the Nuggets are desperate to move Carmelo. Now he is not a Pat Riley kind of guy but the feeling is Wade could keep him in line.Basically, the Heat would trade Shawn Marion, the #2 pick, and filler......to the Nuggets for Carmelo and Anthony Carter. Heat get a backup point guard (which they need and AC has some history with Miami) and a star to pair with Wade. The Heat would be set at the perimeter for a long time and could slowly shed other salaries and find ways to build around a core of Wade, Melo and Haslem.The Nuggets get rid of a headache and start fresh with Beasley and Marion's expiring contract (a huge trading chip). It isnt the craziest thing I have ever heard.....and it is as close to full value as the Nuggies will get.
If a blockbuster happens, the Heat will be involved.....but I highly doubt Wade would be involved. He is the face of the franchise and not far removed from completely dominating an NBA finals. However, I have heard some interesting rumblings. Apparently, the Nuggets are desperate to move Carmelo. Now he is not a Pat Riley kind of guy but the feeling is Wade could keep him in line.Basically, the Heat would trade Shawn Marion, the #2 pick, and filler......to the Nuggets for Carmelo and Anthony Carter. Heat get a backup point guard (which they need and AC has some history with Miami) and a star to pair with Wade. The Heat would be set at the perimeter for a long time and could slowly shed other salaries and find ways to build around a core of Wade, Melo and Haslem.The Nuggets get rid of a headache and start fresh with Beasley and Marion's expiring contract (a huge trading chip). It isnt the craziest thing I have ever heard.....and it is as close to full value as the Nuggies will get.
damn. that would (seemingly) put miami back in the top 3 of the east. maybe even top 2 with boston.
damn. that would (seemingly) put miami back in the top 3 of the east. maybe even top 2 with boston.
it is really the only plausible scenario I can think of where the Heat SHOULD trade the #2 pick. If you can put Wade with Melo....wow. Just wow. All you need to do is surround them with shooters or good defender/rebounders.And I can actually see Denver doing this because they are so keen on trading Melo. They are not getting full value for him but they are getting 80-85 cents on the dollar I think which is not too bad. I really hope the Heat are considering this and it isnt just hot air.
I think Marion plus Beasley for Melo is a fist pump shove for the Nuggets. I'd be sooooo happy to do that trade if I were Nuggets.
FYPMelo is one of the top 5 offensive forces in the game but how much of a winner is he at the NBA level is the question.
FYPMelo is one of the top 5 offensive forces in the game but how much of a winner is he at the NBA level is the question.
It's still a risk the Heat should be willing to take. I think Melo needs a change of scenery....the Nuggets have an overbearing coach and the worst chemistry ever. Plus, the Heat go from worst in the league to instant credibility again.I think this trade works for both teams. It should happen.Marion's salary is actually higher than Melo's. Heat could ask for Najera and Anthony Carter. That would be perfect. Nuggets get #2 pick, Marion and Chris Quinn or something.

I forgot to mention that obviously the Heat would want the Nuggets first round pick in the deal as well. This is a good draft you can probably find someone pretty good in the 15-25 range.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I hadnt heard those Melo/Heat rumors. As a Heat fan and Syracuse BBall ticket holder... both teams do that in a heartbeat. I dont think Marion/Beasley is full value for "a chip on his shoulder" Melo, but it is the closest you can get. Also, regarding Beasley "only" being 6'8"... I dont know his measurements off hand, but I'm pretty sure the guy has a huge wingspan. There is some precedent for the "big men" who measured short but had long wingspans (Elton Brand) and were fine. I see him as more of a 3 anyway, but you could definitely play him down low at the 4, especially in "this type of NBA." Also, his rebounding rates in college translate very well to the NBA (according to Hollinger).Anyways, I came here to discuss the latest thing I just heard on from Stephen A. Dildo this morning, and had been hearing about it for weeks. (paraphrasing) "The Heat are 50/50 on whether to take Beasley or OJ Mayo. The Heat are worried about Beasley's character issues and him wanting to live the South Beach lifestyle."HOW IN THE HOLY BLUE HELL DOES BEASLEY HAVE MORE CHARACTER ISSUES THAN OJ FREAKING MAYO????I just dont get it. To me, Mayo is the guy in the draft with the WORST character issues and MOST likely to "want to live the South Beach lifestyle" than ANYONE. He said DWade "wants to move off the ball" next year (which I get), so if the Heat go with Beasley, they could make a trade Marion to the Bulls for Hinrich and Tyrus Thomas. I like that move for the Heat as well. Marion is a swingman who cant get his own shot, so you basically put Beasley there, and finally get some help at PG, and depth down low. Very interesting times, looking forward to Thursday

Wow I hadnt heard those Melo/Heat rumors. As a Heat fan and Syracuse BBall ticket holder... both teams do that in a heartbeat. I dont think Marion/Beasley is full value for "a chip on his shoulder" Melo, but it is the closest you can get. Also, regarding Beasley "only" being 6'8"... I dont know his measurements off hand, but I'm pretty sure the guy has a huge wingspan. There is some precedent for the "big men" who measured short but had long wingspans (Elton Brand) and were fine. I see him as more of a 3 anyway, but you could definitely play him down low at the 4, especially in "this type of NBA." Also, his rebounding rates in college translate very well to the NBA (according to Hollinger).Anyways, I came here to discuss the latest thing I just heard on from Stephen A. Dildo this morning, and had been hearing about it for weeks. (paraphrasing) "The Heat are 50/50 on whether to take Beasley or OJ Mayo. The Heat are worried about Beasley's character issues and him wanting to live the South Beach lifestyle."HOW IN THE HOLY BLUE HELL DOES BEASLEY HAVE MORE CHARACTER ISSUES THAN OJ FREAKING MAYO????I just dont get it. To me, Mayo is the guy in the draft with the WORST character issues and MOST likely to "want to live the South Beach lifestyle" than ANYONE. He said DWade "wants to move off the ball" next year (which I get), so if the Heat go with Beasley, they could make a trade Marion to the Bulls for Hinrich and Tyrus Thomas. I like that move for the Heat as well. Marion is a swingman who cant get his own shot, so you basically put Beasley there, and finally get some help at PG, and depth down low. Very interesting times, looking forward to Thursday
No way the Heat can pass on Beasley at 2 if they don't trade the pick. My personal opinion is that he's the best overall pick in the draft, but due to all the hype that's been built around Rose in the last few months, plus Chicago is his hometown, it's become a no-brainer on him at #1. Fwiw, Mr. Chalmers definately outplayed Mr. Rose in the national title game. :club:
This is a classic Riley smokescreen. You are right on the money....Mayo I think is a ok guy but Beasley isnt that bad either. If they dont trade the pick outright for a veteran they will take Beasley and either keep him and look to move Marion for a PG and something else (hinrich and tyrus thomas is intriguing...) or just let Marion ride out one season and then go after someone in free agency next year.Even if they dont want Beasley you take him to trade to someone.....one rumor floating around is Miami takes Beasley and ships him to Memphis for Mike Miller, Kyle Lowry and the 5 pick. Miami gets a solid perimeter shooter, a longterm decent PG (at least a good backup) and maybe still get Mayo (or Bayless or Love or whoever....lots of decent guys in that area....just dont want a Lopez.)Heat are in a good position imo.....would love to see if Melo could be had.
I think Marion plus Beasley for Melo is full value. I'd be sooooo happy to do that trade if I were Nuggets.
Yeah, that's RIDICULOUS value for 'Melo. There were rumblings around these parts that the Pistons were discussing Hamilton/Wallace or Billups/Prince or some combination like that. Give me Marion -- who is awesome and has a contract that has value should the Nuggets be unable to contend -- and Beasley -- who should be a dominant NBA player; he's the best NCAA big man in years, regardless of his less-than-perfect stature -- any day. That would be TONS of value for 'Melo
Are you saying he's bad at defense? That he's really good offensively, but his defensive ability makes him worth less than most think, meaning it will be tough for teams to win with him? Or are you saying he doesn't have enough "heart" or something like that? Because if it's the "heart" thing then: PUKE. "...how much of a winner he is at the NBA level is the question." Please, please, please don't tell me you are attacking him for lacking the "winner-gene." Wang
Yeah, Black people (except Reggie, obv.) are never winners. Give me White guys from the '50s, any day.
No, the only people that are absolutely precluded from having the winner-gene are Mexicans*. The gene is recessive-recessive. Alex Rodriguez, for example, will never win anything. The Raptors are thinking about giving the point-guard duties full-time to Jose Calderon, which would be a massive mistake. Even if he averaged 22/14 they'd have a better chance with Steve Blake going off for 12/3 in 38 minutes a game. Wang*- All Hispanic peoples are Mexicans.