• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can we just have a 100 or 50 dollar buyin, and then draft, where we either pick 4 or 2 players depending on how many people we have? if not, im in for 100.
draft is almost impossibleto do. it essentally is a draft bc you can swap picks. the draft order would be picked by random anyways.

Shipping 100 to zach on stars now. GWCGWC everywhere

Is the payout structure set in stone?Also if anyone wants to go halves on 1 pick let me know. I don't like to gamble too much. :club:
You can have half of one of my slots for the $25. ship on stars or ftp and let me know. I'm not sure how we'll decide on which player it'll be but we'll figure it out.
you can only trade picks...and if someone gets 2 60th picks, then ya, they might want to trade up.
There's no draft, each player just gets 1 or 2 players at random.
btw, I don't like the idea of being able to trade players.
Why? Not like anyone can collude. Just gives everyone a better chance to possibly get people they want to root for/think are better. Like lets say I get the #1 slot, Chris Ferguson, and Loosh gets #3, Andy Bloch but I think Bloch is better and Loosh thinks Ferguson is better. Whats wrong with us trading? No one else is affected at all in the transaction. Doesn't change the odds for anyone else. And if people don't want to trade, they don't have to. If I get AEJones, who is a pretty solid player, I would trade him for Sat Winner 1-7 just because I don't want to root for him.
There's no draft, each player just gets 1 or 2 players at random.
Correct and I think the player should be stuck with whatever 25K donkey he/she gets. I'm in so whatever
Correct and I think the player should be stuck with whatever 25K donkey he/she gets. I'm in so whatever
Like RDog said, it doesn't really matter for people not involved in the trade because it doesn't change the odds at all. If people would rather root for someone they didn't get and can make a switch with someone else I don't think it's a big deal.
Why? Not like anyone can collude. Just gives everyone a better chance to possibly get people they want to root for/think are better. Like lets say I get the #1 slot, Chris Ferguson, and Loosh gets #3, Andy Bloch but I think Bloch is better and Loosh thinks Ferguson is better. Whats wrong with us trading? No one else is affected at all in the transaction. Doesn't change the odds for anyone else. And if people don't want to trade, they don't have to. If I get AEJones, who is a pretty solid player, I would trade him for Sat Winner 1-7 just because I don't want to root for him.
Because some of you tourney ballers have actually played with some of these players and have some kind of idea who potentially has an edge and I don't. :club:
Like RDog said, it doesn't really matter for people not involved in the trade because it doesn't change the odds at all. If people would rather root for someone they didn't get and can make a switch with someone else I don't think it's a big deal.
I'm really not into this logic thing so your (and Rdog's) explanation is probably lost on me. But not really.
Because some of you tourney ballers have actually played with some of these players and have some kind of idea who potentially has an edge and I don't. :club:
Any trade these thieves try to pull over on you, just run it by me so I can make sure you aren't getting ripped. Then right before the trading deadline you can give me Gasol for a box of basketballs.

At the beginning everything is completely random. Your 1 pick has a 1/64 chance of winning because the selection of your pick is completely random.Player A is your pick. Whether he does or not, your pick still has the same EV because it was completely random.Players B and C are owned by different players. No matter who they are owned by, it doesn't affect the EV of your pick at all.So anybody who doesn't engage in trades has no effect on their EV.

Also, it would be nice to have some recourse in case you get two guys playing each other in the first round.For the record, if anyone draws my name, I will trade two players for me.

Also, it would be nice to have some recourse in case you get two guys playing each other in the first round.For the record, if anyone draws my name, I will trade two players for me.
Opposite of bet-hedging if someone really did this, imo.
Is the payout structure set in stone?Also if anyone wants to go halves on 1 pick let me know. I don't like to gamble too much. :club:
I would go in half if it's allowed.
Shipping 100 to zach on stars now. GWCGWC everywhereYou can have half of one of my slots for the $25. ship on stars or ftp and let me know. I'm not sure how we'll decide on which player it'll be but we'll figure it out.
Thanx GWC, but I think I'd rather take on someone who would like to participate but doesn't quite have the BR to.Besides, I ship enough $$$ to you as it is. :ts:club:
I would go in half if it's allowed.
Put me down for 1 right now looshle. I'll ship later tonight.Bull if you want half, PM me.