No Friends At The Poker Table?

So we have a weekly home game that has always been low key. Everyone is pretty tight and usually gets along ok. So last week we are playing 1/2 and an interesting hand happens. Player A moves all in UTG for $25 bucks blind. Player B, the homeowner and nicest guy you will ever meet, calls. Player C also calls from the BB.Flop is 10 7 2 and player B bets $25. Player C, who is very loose and pretty terrible, moves all in for $200 more.Now the story with these two is that they are pretty good friends. As I said earlier player B is the home owner and is the absolute nicest guy in the world. Hes very wealthy and only plays 1/2 because thats what his friends like to play. He just wants to win, he could care less about the pot sizes. Player C is a donkey who thinks he can beat Phil Ivey every day of the week and twice on sunday.So anyway. After player C moved all in, player B askes him "I got top pair top kicker, what should I do." Player B immediatly answers, "if you got top pair top kicker.... youre beat." Looking him striaght in the eyes. So being the nice guy that he is, player B says OK I believe you, and lays it down.Player C then goes to muck but the dealer reminds him that player A is all in and he needs to show a winning hand to rake the main pot. He flips over A 7!!Another player at the table, player D, gets HIGHLY offended that he striaght up lied right to his 'friends' face. Player D is so mad he gets up and starts yelling and flipping out ready to throw blows. I have to jump in and hold him back from knocking him out. All this time player B is just kicking back letting the whole thing roll off his shoulders.So I ask you all... is what player C did a terrible, terrible thing to do to your friend, home owner, and over all take advantage of the nicest man that has ever lived?

Weirdness can happen at a home game. All sorts of etiquette issues, people get upset with check raising, and sometimes it's not cool to lie about your hand. I don't get it but house rules kind of trump what the rule should be. My read is that there are other issues the other players have and there's some back story that has nothing to do about poker.

My read is that there are other issues the other players have and there's some back story that has nothing to do about poker.
I'd bet that's a pretty friggin' accurate read.And 2:1 that Player D's wife is involved somehow.

Our home game is every Wed.Recently a new guy started coming, good player, old retired Italian.The guy who's house we play at cooks dinner every time, we all throw in $5 for drinks and dinner.We play a 2 hour cash game, max bet $2Then at 8:00 we put in $20 for a 1 buyin freeze out 15 minute blinds, blinds stop at 5/10. 60 chips eachWell most of these guys play really bad, we are friends who smoke cigars and enjoy playing easy on each other.New guy plays hard and goes to the money most tournies, loses cash most time. Whines about getting called with worse cards etc.So I decided tonight I would bust him in tourny to let him know he ain't as good as he thinks.Raise his BB, play hard after flops, etc.He got big chip lead early, so it took me a while, but pocket dueces on a 10 9 2 flop 9 on turn 4 river. I take half his stack. He had Js, called my river overbet when I checked turn after leading pot.He busts soon after.It felt good.Lost 3 handed when my Ks fell to As AIPF...standard 3 handed. What can you do?Got to watch the last quarter of the Lakers game so not total loss.

Our home game is every Wed.Recently a new guy started coming, good player, old retired Italian.The guy who's house we play at cooks dinner every time, we all throw in $5 for drinks and dinner.We play a 2 hour cash game, max bet $2Then at 8:00 we put in $20 for a 1 buyin freeze out 15 minute blinds, blinds stop at 5/10. 60 chips eachWell most of these guys play really bad, we are friends who smoke cigars and enjoy playing easy on each other.New guy plays hard and goes to the money most tournies, loses cash most time. Whines about getting called with worse cards etc.So I decided tonight I would bust him in tourny to let him know he ain't as good as he thinks.Raise his BB, play hard after flops, etc.He got big chip lead early, so it took me a while, but pocket dueces on a 10 9 2 flop 9 on turn 4 river. I take half his stack. He had Js, called my river overbet when I checked turn after leading pot.He busts soon after.It felt good.Lost 3 handed when my Ks fell to As AIPF...standard 3 handed. What can you do?Got to watch the last quarter of the Lakers game so not total loss.

You put double the effort into that one post. Next time, to cut down on the effort, I recommend one of these:rabaud_vibrascopic_150_03.jpg

there has to be a mutual understanding of boundaries. the guy who made the misleading statement probably wasnt intentionally being a dick. there was just a misunderstanding of where the game ends and where regular interaction begins.i think it's generally disrespectful for someone to lie like that, but i think someone freaking out over it is even more out of line. you need to use that opportunity to clarify what can and cant be said so you wont have to deal with shit flinging later on.

I think the "nice"guy saying he had TPTK was what started it. I mean, saying what your hand is and asking the other player in the hand what he would do is pretty much invitational of a lie, so...No foul. IMO. I agree, however, that house rules trump normal poker rules and that someone's wife was involved.

If that situation happened at the games I play with my friends, the one making the laydown would be the one getting razzed. It sounds like nobody likes the guy who "lied" about his hand. However, did the homeowner really laydown tptk? Did he show? Maybe he lied?Regardless, it sounds like somebodies wife got tag-teamed at some point.

we can safely assume the writer's block continues. this is the laziest damn plagiarism ever.
we can safely assume the writer's block continues. this is the laziest damn plagiarism ever. (sorry: I couldn't resist)

its a game of deception... wife gave dude with A7 a sloppy blow job and he busted when A10 walked in asked what he was doing... never ask as you always get screwed in the end.

So we have a weekly home game that has always been low key. Everyone is pretty tight and usually gets along ok. So last week we are playing 1/2 and an interesting hand happens. Player A moves all in UTG for $25 bucks blind. Player B, the homeowner and nicest guy you will ever meet, calls. Player C also calls from the BB.Flop is 10 7 2 and player B bets $25. Player C, who is very loose and pretty terrible, moves all in for $200 more.Now the story with these two is that they are pretty good friends. As I said earlier player B is the home owner and is the absolute nicest guy in the world. Hes very wealthy and only plays 1/2 because thats what his friends like to play. He just wants to win, he could care less about the pot sizes. Player C is a donkey who thinks he can beat Phil Ivey every day of the week and twice on sunday.So anyway. After player C moved all in, player B askes him "I got top pair top kicker, what should I do." Player B immediatly answers, "if you got top pair top kicker.... youre beat." Looking him striaght in the eyes. So being the nice guy that he is, player B says OK I believe you, and lays it down.Player C then goes to muck but the dealer reminds him that player A is all in and he needs to show a winning hand to rake the main pot. He flips over A 7!!Another player at the table, player D, gets HIGHLY offended that he striaght up lied right to his 'friends' face. Player D is so mad he gets up and starts yelling and flipping out ready to throw blows. I have to jump in and hold him back from knocking him out. All this time player B is just kicking back letting the whole thing roll off his shoulders.So I ask you all... is what player C did a terrible, terrible thing to do to your friend, home owner, and over all take advantage of the nicest man that has ever lived?
Obviously he knew that the turn was going to be a 7 and the river was the A so did he actually lie, of course not, player C was being the nice guy.

There is def some back story I forgot to mention.Player D is a nice guy as wel and likes to play for the fun of the game, not to make money. He thinks the world of player B... he also thinks that player C is a bit of a scumbag, so thats why player D flipped out even though he wasnt actually involved.

All this aside - playing cash NL home games is going to set up some issues a lot of the time. Most people play outside their means at least some of the time. And NL cash is just NOT a friendly game with inexperienced players. It is a game about stacking someone.

So we have a weekly home game that has always been low key. Everyone is pretty tight and usually gets along ok. So last week we are playing 1/2 and an interesting hand happens. Player A moves all in UTG for $25 bucks blind. Player B, the homeowner and nicest guy you will ever meet, calls. Player C also calls from the BB.Flop is 10 7 2 and player B bets $25. Player C, who is very loose and pretty terrible, moves all in for $200 more.Now the story with these two is that they are pretty good friends. As I said earlier player B is the home owner and is the absolute nicest guy in the world. Hes very wealthy and only plays 1/2 because thats what his friends like to play. He just wants to win, he could care less about the pot sizes. Player C is a donkey who thinks he can beat Phil Ivey every day of the week and twice on sunday.So anyway. After player C moved all in, player B askes him "I got top pair top kicker, what should I do." Player C immediatly answers, "if you got top pair top kicker.... youre beat." Looking him striaght in the eyes. So being the nice guy that he is, player B says OK I believe you, and lays it down.Player C then goes to muck but the dealer reminds him that player A is all in and he needs to show a winning hand to rake the main pot. He flips over A 7!!Another player at the table, player D, gets HIGHLY offended that he striaght up lied right to his 'friends' face. Player D is so mad he gets up and starts yelling and flipping out ready to throw blows. I have to jump in and hold him back from knocking him out. All this time player B is just kicking back letting the whole thing roll off his shoulders.So I ask you all... is what player C did a terrible, terrible thing to do to your friend, home owner, and over all take advantage of the nicest man that has ever lived?
FYP