I Stabbed Someone For $60,000

Also keep in mind that the super jackpot only runs a few hours a day (which happened to be when this hand took place), and the majority of the time any jackpot payout is the standard BBJ - which in my game would be $12,000 split 60/20/20.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also keep in mind that the super jackpot only runs a few hours a day (which happened to be when this hand took place), and the majority of the time any jackpot payout is the standard BBJ - which in my game would be $12,000 split 60/20/20.
Did you realize that the BBJ was running when you folded? You say $700 is a big chunk to lose, but you would have won the BBJ. Im so confused
Did you realize that the BBJ was running when you folded?
No. But, just to be perfectly honest, I still think I would have even if I did.
I still think I would have even if I did.
You wouldn't call a bet in a potentially $1700 pot with a straight flush with a $6,000 pot for the BBJ if your beat? Im still confused.
You wouldn't call a bet in a potentially $1700 pot with a straight flush with a $6,000 pot for the BBJ if your beat? Im still confused.
He can be beat and it still not be the jackpot. That is actually the much more likely scenario.Mark
He can be beat and it still not be the jackpot. That is actually the much more likely scenario.Mark
So are you saying that if the Armenian guy has just the Qs, without the As, that is not a jackpot? If that is so then it makes a little bit more sense.
So are you saying that if the Armenian guy has just the Qs, without the As, that is not a jackpot? If that is so then it makes a little bit more sense.
Thats what he's saying. A *little* more sense...maybe...
That's correct. You need both cards in your hand to play in order to qualify.If he had any QsXx hand besides the AsQs, then there would be no BBJ.
Well, I wouldn't go THAT far... ;)Mark
That's correct. You need both cards in your hand to play in order to qualify.If he had any QsXx hand besides the AsQs, then there would be no BBJ.
I still couldn't ever fold, but now I see why the table was super pissed at the Armenian guy, and not pissed at you. Were you pissed off at all?

Is anyone else disappointed this wasn't an IQ 8-day coke/stripper binge story that ended up with him being hired as a hit man for 60K?I'm not actually disappointed that he's not using coke or killing someone, but the story could have been epic.

Ok, assigning %ages as biased towards a naked Qs as I possibly can.CallingHe shows up with air 5% - You win $700He shows up with naked As naked 15% - You win $700He shows up with naked Qs - 83% - You lose $700He shows up with AQss - 2% - You win + $59300.05*700+.10*700+ .83*-700+.02*59300=35+70-581+1186=+$710?(no calculator on me)Obviously if you didn't know this was a super BBJ folding with those %Ages is fine. I honestly think (going by your read), he shows up with a hand you beat >> 50% of the time here. I can't put auto him on the Qs if he's an absolute nut case.Also wondering if this entire thing is some sort of level.....edit just realised my %ages don't add up to 100.....you can tell I do a maths degree.fixed.

Ok, assigning %ages as biased towards a naked Qs as I possibly can.CallingHe shows up with air 5% - You win $700He shows up with naked As naked 15% - You win $700He shows up with naked Qs - 73% - You lose $700He shows up with AQss - 2% - You win + $59300.05*700+.10*700+ .73*-700+.02*59300=35+70-511+1186=+$780?(no calculator on me)Obviously if you didn't know this was a super BBJ folding with those %Ages is fine. I honestly think (going by your read), he shows up with a hand you beat >> 50% of the time here. I can't put auto him on the Qs if he's an absolute nut case.Also wondering if this entire thing is some sort of level.....
Not sure what all that is, but if it means he should call, I still agree.
Not sure what all that is, but if it means he should call, I still agree.
Yea, even though I messed up :/.You'd have to assign a ridiculous %age to a naked Qs to consider folding here. Probably about 96%

terrible fold. Forgetting everything else, if he doesnt have Qs you win the pot. If he does have Qs and nothing else you lose the 700. If he as AsQs you win 60,000. Assuming he has the Qs its only 43:1 for him to have the As also (probably less than that since its a more playable hand pre). Youre getting 85:1, not to mention the huge utility difference between +60,000 and -700.

In every game I've ever played in live, anyone agonizing over the call would have made it perfectly clear that he had a straight flush and have been trying to get some sort of validation for his suspicions by chattering. Meanwhile, the crotchety old regulars at the table would be chattering about the prospects for the bad beat jackpot as soon as the flop came out, so both players remaining in the pot would be keenly aware of what was at stake. At that point, the player with the bottom end would say, "Do you have it?" and the player with the top end would say something to the effect of: "I think there's about to be a jackpot."Then there would be high-fives all around.

I think another thing to consider is that if you really believe that AQs is a such a small part of his range, then his range is so incredibly large that you still beat a ton of his hands once again making it an insta-call. I think you got the point by now though so I'm offering nothing.

Yea to those saying it is against the rules, is the dealer really gonna say anything if someone implies something? He's about to get the tip of the year.