In Honor Of Mom's Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d8R-kytaeAthis thread reminds me how much I love JLD
since you asked about the actors steroid use what about the models and actresses use of botox, or facelifts, tummy tucks and multiple surgeries , all in the name of vein, so we can stare, eye, dream and fantasize lol
since you asked about the actors steroid use what about the models and actresses use of botox, or facelifts, tummy tucks and multiple surgeries , all in the name of vein, so we can stare, eye, dream and fantasize lol
Yeah, well... for women that's just part of the job.I didn't say I was against steriods in entertainment. I just think it's hypocritcal to judge one form of it more harshly than another.Realistically, for the vast majority of us, watching sports is pretty much the same entertainment that watching a movie is. People in circumstances we will never be in, performing better than we ever would. What difference does it make if they're juicing to hit a ball really far, or to look good fighting crime in a movie?
What difference does it make if they're juicing to hit a ball really far, or to look good fighting crime in a movie?
It could be argued that athletes, to a much higher degree than actors, achieve their juice-powered success at the expense of others.
It could be argued that athletes, to a much higher degree than actors, achieve their juice-powered success at the expense of others.
I see the arguement here, but in the same way that there are natural athletes who won't touch the stuff on priciple, there are talented actors who wouldn't use it to change their body because "they shouldn't have to", or "it shouldn't matter" what they look like because theyre good actors. Wouldn't an actor who gets a $20mil movie deal over a more talented but less attractive actor be taking just as much advantage as the baseball player who hits 50HR in a season and carries his team to the world series?Also- to Rose's point earlier. I feel as if women in this position have an arguement here as well, but it certainly isn't more justified than that of the men. In my opinion, their gripe is significantly less valid due to the fact that the standard being set for them doesn't require a high ratio of muscle mass to body fat. In fact, almost all men I know like curves on a woman, so you people really need to stop pretending that it's 1990 and heroin chic is still the latest craze, and men won't look at you unless we can see your ribs sticking out. I think it's become all too popular to blame models and actresses and the society they come from for the fact that 16 year old girls in high school are sticking their fingers down their throat. I get why that happens, and I'm not disagreeing that society and pop culture has a lot to do with it. I just think that the same women who cry about this fact all day will go out at night, get approached by a guy at a bar or on the dance floor, and dismiss him without a second thought, or in most cases, a conversation.Most girls I know go as far as to go out in groups, and if a guy comes up and starts dancing behind one of them, the other girls will decide whether or not he is attractive enough, and signal to the girl being danced upon to walk away. These girls, even though they're my friends, are not models themselves, and in most cases are the first to get on our backs for checking out girls or talking about which celebrities are hot.I think that if women are going to sit there and piss and moan about the unrealistic standards society sets for their appearance, they should take a real hard look at themselves and realize that they're just as, if not in many cases more, guilty of the same standards in guys. You want us to judge you by "what's inside"? Then you need to be ready to do the same for us, and since that probably won't happen on either front, you might as well stop bitching about it.