Good For You, Pope.

I read one of his books a while back. Interesting read.That denomination is basically ****ed in the long run. They're kinda like the United States- living off the excess and fat from their prosperous years, but totally aware of the fact that the long term outlook doesn't look too good for them, unless they dramatically change their ways and hope people jump on board. I couldn't even imagine how sick a Vatican asset auction would be.... Probably the greatest art and antiquities sale in the history of humanity. Martin Luther was right (about Catholics and Jews)

Just to check, he's saying that condoms and the pill are bad and you're commending him for it, right?
Not bad. What he is saying is that it's not a good idea to meddle with nature if it can be helped. The problem isn't with the idea- I agree with his position, his idea- the problem is with the implementation, in that for the most part judgement goes out the window with these guys, and it becomes black and white. Like, for example, the pill would be a good idea for a person who has a heart condition and cannot have children, or condoms on the guys part, but the Pope would still say it was bad. My agreement is on the basic premise, that it's not a good idea to mess with nature, and the reasons are multiple. Such as, it's best for a kid to have a (loving) father and mother-sure, circumstances happen but why take on the idea of being a single mother who has been artificially inseminated when you apparently can't even get along with a man long enough to keep him around? Or, the fact that for a person who cannot have children naturally, for whatever reason, it's plain selfish to want to anyway when there are thousands of kids that could use a good home- one could easily view ones birth impediment as an opportunity to serve the world(and God) in another way. All that being said, I have always had the stance that people should do as they please, but that's an issue between me and God, and I don't think God would agree with my view. As far as Scrays view, I agree but if they actually didn't bend over and change I would respect that more than if they did. If what they believe to be true and Godly is what they believe, stick with it. The Church I have been involved with sticks with biblical truth and changes for no man, God doesn't, why should they?
How does he know?
When you consider all of the angles it makes sense. Lets play a game- give me a scenario where something he disagreed with is done and I will tell you why, with reasoning, I think God would agree or disagree with the situation. This will be interesting.
for a person who cannot have children naturally, for whatever reason, it's plain selfish to want to anyway when there are thousands of kids that could use a good home
This is just wrong on so many levels.

Yo, Pope...What about those women that are prescribed "the pill" to stop the occurrence of ovarian cysts? Many times at a young age. Which also lowers the risk for ovarian cancer by 40%.I think we should let them writhe in pain. Because you just know those bitches are fornicating on the side. Eve shouldn't have bitten the damn apple, then women wouldn't have to worry about those crazy "women problems'. Can't chance it, it's basically a ticket to having crazy monkey sex. Am I right Mr. Pope? We should just let nature run it's course.

A man with an average urethra of course deserves the right to sire his own children without considering adoption. A man born with a narrow urethra is selfish to want help impregnating his wife when he could just adopt instead.What about that is wrong?

If you think there's so much wrong with "messing with nature" then log off your computer, drive to Pennsylvania, and move into an Amish Community. Otherwise, you're just a crazy hypocrite

You have to understand I am not thinking like the average person would- when you serve God it's a whole new level. Average people don't take it to that next level, which is sometimes ignoring ones self for the greater good. So, in that certain scenario you addressed, for a god fearing person the answer is to adopt, and it's the greatest answer. This couple, for whatever reason, cannot naturally have children, they must do X and X to try and coax the situation along outside of the body, use a surrogate, etc., but it's not how nature(God intended) So, what a christian does is accept and move on. Find a child to love as your own. Remember, for a christian it's supposed to be about what God wants, not you. Like I said before, I have issues with this as well but I dont see any way around it for a christian.
If you think there's so much wrong with "messing with nature" then log off your computer, drive to Pennsylvania, and move into an Amish Community. Otherwise, you're just a crazy hypocrite
Be reasonable. Typing on the internet is one thing. I like how nobody has actually presented an argument, they just post things like "You are wrong, hypocrite" Present an argument. You know I wont back down, and by the time it's over you will admit that it makes sense on some level, commend me for sticking by my arguments and it will be a regular stroke fest.
Be reasonable. Typing on the internet is one thing. I like how nobody has actually presented an argument, they just post things like "You are wrong, hypocrite" Present an argument. You know I wont back down, and by the time it's over you will admit that it makes sense on some level, commend me for sticking by my arguments and it will be a regular stroke fest.
You're telling me to be reasonable? that's a laugh. Picking and choosing what's natural makes zero sense. Any level of technology above hunting and gathering is "unnatural"
You're telling me to be reasonable? that's a laugh. Picking and choosing what's natural makes zero sense. Any level of technology above hunting and gathering is "unnatural"
Ok, lets do this.. how does typing on the internet interfere with the natural course of things? How about a microwave? An automobile? A can opener? We are talking about changing that which is of nature- how a child is created- into something completely different, in a myriad of ways. It's not what God designed, not what he intended. Of course, you have to believe in a design to even see this, or a God in the first place. There are so many angles to this it's insane. What if it was O.K. for a couple? Would it then be O.K. for a single person? How does that follow along with Gods view of what a family consisted of? How does that follow along with pretty much any study that says parents do better with a normal(birth mom and dad) dynamic? Like I said, this is not normal, selfish thinking, it's above that. It's a whole new level, and truthfully I expect that maybe one or 2 of you will get it.
Ok, lets do this.. how does typing on the internet interfere with the natural course of things? How about a microwave? An automobile? A can opener? We are talking about changing that which is of nature- how a child is created- into something completely different, in a myriad of ways. It's not what God designed, not what he intended. Of course, you have to believe in a design to even see this, or a God in the first place. There are so many angles to this it's insane. What if it was O.K. for a couple? Would it then be O.K. for a single person? How does that follow along with Gods view of what a family consisted of? How does that follow along with pretty much any study that says parents do better with a normal(birth mom and dad) dynamic? Like I said, this is not normal, selfish thinking, it's above that. It's a whole new level, and truthfully I expect that maybe one or 2 of you will get it.
oh no, we get it just fine. We just think you're crazy for believing it. God didn't intend man to communicate all over the world.God didn't intend on man being able to heat his food in seconds, it makes us slothful and lazy and unappreciative of his bountyGod didn't intend man to drive.. the highways blot out his natural lands, the cars belch pollution, ruining nature. You think Smog pleases god?God didn't intend man to preserve food in cans, much less open them with can openers. It requires mines to make the cans, which scar God's earth.. and again, it makes us lazy and slothful to have canned foods, rather than hunting the food for ourselves..The fact you pick reproduction to start taking a stand in determining what is natural, in trying to declare what is God's intent, is 100% arbitrary. I'll say again, no technology that we have is natural. All of it comes from man, not god. Picking and choosing like you do just further illustrates the lunacy of your beliefs.
oh no, we get it just fine. We just think you're crazy for believing it. God didn't intend man to communicate all over the world.God didn't intend on man being able to heat his food in seconds, it makes us slothful and lazy and unappreciative of his bountyGod didn't intend man to drive.. the highways blot out his natural lands, the cars belch pollution, ruining nature. You think Smog pleases god?God didn't intend man to preserve food in cans, much less open them with can openers. It requires mines to make the cans, which scar God's earth.. and again, it makes us lazy and slothful to have canned foods, rather than hunting the food for ourselves..The fact you pick reproduction to start taking a stand in determining what is natural, in trying to declare what is God's intent, is 100% arbitrary. I'll say again, no technology that we have is natural. All of it comes from man, not god. Picking and choosing like you do just further illustrates the lunacy of your beliefs.
None of that is biblical. What I have talked about, is. God gave no commandments of how to walk, cook, communicate(except to do so nicely) or how to preserve food. He did, however, go into great detail about what a relationship and conception were to be. So, while you find it arbitrary, in a christians mind it wouldn't be. So, no, you don't get it, and probably won't, which is fine. I mean, you could start with what it would take to artificially have a child and right off the bat a man would have to sin to even make it happen. Now, having said all of that, think past that and think about this: it makes more sense than you realize. If that area of science did not exist, and people adopted instead, there would be no children without a family. Not one. Which would be very much of God, wouldn't it? That would be a perfect world. You have to consider- if you are a christian, anyway- what God made sacred and what he didn't. Marriage is so sacred that if you even THINK of another woman it's as if you have cheated on your wife. The marriage bed was made sacred as well, with rules and guidelines with that. Let's put it like this, in terms we can both understand- cumming on tits, not an option. Remember, I don't neccesarily agree with this, it's just biblically there is no way around it.
None of that is biblical. What I have talked about, is. God gave no commandments of how to walk, cook, communicate(except to do so nicely) or how to preserve food. He did, however, go into great detail about what a relationship and conception were to be. So, while you find it arbitrary, in a christians mind it wouldn't be. So, no, you don't get it, and probably won't, which is fine. I mean, you could start with what it would take to artificially have a child and right off the bat a man would have to sin to even make it happen. Now, having said all of that, think past that and think about this: it makes more sense than you realize. If that area of science did not exist, and people adopted instead, there would be no children without a family. Not one. Which would be very much of God, wouldn't it? That would be a perfect world. You have to consider- if you are a christian, anyway- what God made sacred and what he didn't. Marriage is so sacred that if you even THINK of another woman it's as if you have cheated on your wife. The marriage bed was made sacred as well, with rules and guidelines with that. Let's put it like this, in terms we can both understand- cumming on tits, not an option. Remember, I don't neccesarily agree with this, it's just biblically there is no way around it.
1) The bible gives no commandments about how to cook? Oh really? 2) I'd love to hear what part of the bible prohibits things like fixing medical conditions like a blocked urethra. And if it's in the Old testament, your ass better not eat pork. 3) "If that area of science did not exist, there would be no children without a family" Okay, pollyanna. No, I get it just fine. And this is exactly why I don't want devout Christians making public policy, and prohibiting science based on their particular interpretation of the bible. Nothing angers me more than the fact that people that believe superstitious nonsense like this actually make public policy. It makes about as much sense as a witch doctor.
1) The bible gives no commandments about how to cook? Oh really? 2) I'd love to hear what part of the bible prohibits things like fixing medical conditions like a blocked urethra. And if it's in the Old testament, your ass better not eat pork. 3) "If that area of science did not exist, there would be no children without a family" Okay, pollyanna. No, I get it just fine. And this is exactly why I don't want devout Christians making public policy, and prohibiting science based on their particular interpretation of the bible. Nothing angers me more than the fact that people that believe superstitious nonsense like this actually make public policy. It makes about as much sense as a witch doctor.
1) Not for christians.. really. 2) Blocked urethra? Who ever mentioned that? Not me. If it can be fixed, fix it. I am talking about the work arounds. 3) It would be a better world, and you know it. Your reaction is typical, and exactly what I knew you would focus on as soon as I typed it, which is why I left it the way I said it. It shows the overall attitude on the other side of this argument. Whereas I am looking at the greater good, you are focused on you and only you. Who wants to prevent science? Like I said- for the third time at least- this has nothing to do with anybody but christians. Superstitious nonsense? I have given actual reasons. I won't go through them again, you are being a tad unreasonable, even for you. Like I said, you don't get it. You think you do, which is 100% the problem and the disconnect we are having. You can't understand, because you don't get God in the first place. Put it this way- every time I have heard of a christian couple that couldn't have children, do you know what they did? Nothing. Prayed about it. Adopted. Tried to understand Gods will. Nobody jerked off into a cup and embedded it into another woman, etc. When a couple did not feel they were ready for children, what did they do? Picked and chose when they had sex, worked the schedule to make it less likely that it would happen, and prayed that God would do what was right for them, left it in his hands. That being said, none of this would apply to non- christians, freaking do as you like, but for them it's a different way of thinking. We were not meant to have the type of control we have, life was meant to be, well, life- surprising, unreasonable, horrifying, inconvenient, scary, we were meant to be tried and tested with little to no control. It was supposed to be all God- all glory unto God, for better or for worse, knowing that even if I can't see it it is for the better. Once again, though, why would anyone expect that from anything but a christian. I wouldn't. That would be unreasonable.
1) Not for christians.. really. 2) Blocked urethra? Who ever mentioned that? Not me. If it can be fixed, fix it. I am talking about the work arounds. 3) It would be a better world, and you know it. Your reaction is typical, and exactly what I knew you would focus on as soon as I typed it, which is why I left it the way I said it. It shows the overall attitude on the other side of this argument. Whereas I am looking at the greater good, you are focused on you and only you. Who wants to prevent science? Like I said- for the third time at least- this has nothing to do with anybody but christians. Superstitious nonsense? I have given actual reasons. I won't go through them again, you are being a tad unreasonable, even for you. Like I said, you don't get it. You think you do, which is 100% the problem and the disconnect we are having. You can't understand, because you don't get God in the first place. Put it this way- every time I have heard of a christian couple that couldn't have children, do you know what they did? Nothing. Prayed about it. Adopted. Tried to understand Gods will. Nobody jerked off into a cup and embedded it into another woman, etc. When a couple did not feel they were ready for children, what did they do? Picked and chose when they had sex, worked the schedule to make it less likely that it would happen, and prayed that God would do what was right for them, left it in his hands. That being said, none of this would apply to non- christians, freaking do as you like, but for them it's a different way of thinking. We were not meant to have the type of control we have, life was meant to be, well, life- surprising, unreasonable, horrifying, inconvenient, scary, we were meant to be tried and tested with little to no control. It was supposed to be all God- all glory unto God, for better or for worse, knowing that even if I can't see it it is for the better. Once again, though, why would anyone expect that from anything but a christian. I wouldn't. That would be unreasonable.
and your biblical basis for this is what, precisely? You kinda fixed in on the urethra part and ignored the real point. Where in the bible does it prohibit reproductive medicine? And again, it is superstitious nonsense. I can't be more polite than that, I'm sorry. And while I didn't say you were doing anything to prevent science, it's this kind of belief, rooted in the same superstition, that prevents things like stem cell research and forbids AIDS prevention organizations that get government funds to talk about condoms. I wasn't saying you, specifically, were doing this. I just see this sort of thing to be so grounded in folly. Let me ask you this, why does this stop at reproduction. If life is supposed to be life, and God's will his will, why have medicine and doctors at all? Shouldn't the Christians Scientists be right? shouldn't you leave your well being in God's hands.. if life is determined by god, so to shouldn't death?
and your biblical basis for this is what, precisely? You kinda fixed in on the urethra part and ignored the real point. Where in the bible does it prohibit reproductive medicine? And again, it is superstitious nonsense. I can't be more polite than that, I'm sorry. And while I didn't say you were doing anything to prevent science, it's this kind of belief, rooted in the same superstition, that prevents things like stem cell research and forbids AIDS prevention organizations that get government funds to talk about condoms. I wasn't saying you, specifically, were doing this. I just see this sort of thing to be so grounded in folly. Let me ask you this, why does this stop at reproduction. If life is supposed to be life, and God's will his will, why have medicine and doctors at all? Shouldn't the Christians Scientists be right? shouldn't you leave your well being in God's hands.. if life is determined by god, so to shouldn't death?
There is so much wrong with this I don't know where to start. Why have medicine and doctors at all.... and, you have taken it to far. Easy to see how that can happen, isn't it? Talk about being grounded in folly. The only reason you need condoms to prevent aids in the first place is because of the sin of indiscriminate sex. I agree that this is a crazy world where things have had to be invented because we as a race can't seem to get our shit together and live right... so these tools should be allowed by the church to inhibit what God created? On what grounds? Because it's convenient? It's not a good enough reason. As far as reproductive medicine goes, it's about what needs to be done to get from point A to point B, starting with the man ejaculating into a cup, which is a big no no biblically. The one time where a man "spilled his seed" God was not a happy camper. When it comes to medicine the bible does talk about medicine, using things to make the body feel better. There is no example of just prayer to make one feel better. Thats taking it to far. True statement- never in my entire life have I seen anybody react like this to this type of teaching in the christian world. They see things through different eyes, which is why I posted this link in the first place, I was surprised that the pope got something right for a change. Did you even read the article? His reasoning is actually solid- it totally blew me away. Truth is I don't see the value in making that a public opinion, though, because very few people can actually think in these terms- if anything he will only alienate people that wouldn't have been. People need time to develop that level of growth and trust in God.
I beg you to change your signature.Not only is it just ....annoying.... it's crooked! Their is nothing religious about my request... just the colors and the stupid monkey.... AND IT'S CROOKED!Willing to pay...... small amount.OR...I could get you tickets to a Rangers game WHO by the way..are the best team in baseball right now. Won 9 out of the last 11 and 5 in a row. Didn't give up a run for 34 straight innings...so.... just think about it.
son. As far as reproductive medicine goes, it's about what needs to be done to get from point A to point B, starting with the man ejaculating into a cup, which is a big no no biblically. The one time where a man "spilled his seed" God was not a happy camper. When it comes to medicine the bible does talk about medicine, using things to make the body feel better. There is no example of just prayer to make one feel better. Thats taking it to far.
LOLisn't the spilling seed thing about masturbating for pleasure? Isn't that what it's about? When you cum in a cup with the express purpose of reproducing..."React to this type of teaching" El oh El.
You have to understand I am not thinking like the average person would- when you serve God it's a whole new level. Average people don't take it to that next level, which is sometimes ignoring ones self for the greater good.
Lois, you don't serve God. You believe in God.