From the link:

At one of our recent Wednesday Poker Discussion Group meetings, the topic came up of how “professional poker player” should be defined. A few days later, I read a post on RGP that asked for the definition of a professional poker player.
I never knew this was such a mystery to everyone.. :club:
Pro = Poker income puts food on tableSemi Pro = Poker income pays for ALL of your beer and top ramen :-)
No No... Because if Semi-Pro means college kids pay for beer that means like... 20% of the college kids that play poker are semi-pros. A semi-pro isn't someone who makes enough money to pay for a cup and a box of noodles...

OK OK i'll fix my postPro = Poker income puts food on table Semi Pro = Poker income pays for most bills along with some spending money but not enough to live on"College" Pro = Poker income pays for ALLof your beer and top ramen Hows that?[/b]

OK OK i'll fix my postPro = Poker income puts food on table Semi Pro = Poker income pays for most bills along with some spending money but not enough to live on"College" Pro = Poker income pays for ALLof your beer and top ramen Hows that?[/b]
Thats about it... lol College Semi-Pro? Now I'm just being nit-picky :club:

A funny concept... I am intending playing poker full time next year as it as superceded my working wage by a long way for over a year now and so, in accordance with some of the definitions, I am a poker pro. But for some reason my ego will not allow me to refer to myself as a poker pro, more like I play poker for a living. Until I consistently final table MTT's, consistently beat the higher limits and have had some relative success live I wont consider myself a pro. Another factor is when I dont have to put in 50-60 hours a week at the tables in order to grind out enough money to keep up my pimp lifestyle, maybe then I will sonsider myself a pro, until then, I simply play poker for a living. Just my 2 cents.

vaglvr

You are very effective at incorporating little animation icons into your posts...
Why thank you mang, I try and do what I do... when I can do it. woot.gifHows the weather in mad-town? any legit places to play poker in Madison yet?

Yeah theres a bar out on john nolen The coliseum on sundays with a 50$ buyin usually. Sunday and Wednesday and Thursday there is two places that are places to play pool/bars that do $30 buyins and $40 buyins Cunique which is a downtown bar and the green room which is out off the beltline on whitney way. Madison is alright right now, although it was snowing on Mifflin St. Block Party...