Assuming Small-Ball is a working style  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Smallball Poker works better in:

• Tournaments
    • Cash Games

Why wouldn't you recommend it in online poker?
well in mtt's it is usually just a shovefest anyways depending on the blind situation. just usually isnt right to try to keep the pot small in cash games... depending on the situation of course. everything is situational

I think it matters what limits you are playing cash at as well, eh? I mean I'm a low renter in live cash games...I generally stay at the 1/2 NL tables, 100 max, sometimes 200 max...and with those blinds, making a bet of anything less than 15 bucks is not gonna chase out enough people so you can try to outplay a single or maybe two players post flop.Unless I'm getting "small ball" wrong. Please correct me if I am.

I think Small Ball is less effective in cash games due to the reload factor. There are plenty of people with deep pockets who will toss in big bets with scrap if they think you'll fold to that kind of raise. If you call a raise like that, it's no longer small ball, because the pot size just became half a buy-in or more.

The term small ball is specifically used for the strategy in deep stack tournaments. Though as Bob points out a similar approach is applicable to deep stack cash games as well.It's not applicable to online tournaments because they're not deep stacked.

Small ball works o.k. with my wife. I don't think I am knocking it out or anything but she hasn't left yet so that's good. Of course, she's lazy so her having stayed could just be a product of that. I bet she thinks she is clever- I have had a guy on the side the whole time. HA HA, bitch.

The term small ball is specifically used for the strategy in deep stack tournaments. Though as Bob points out a similar approach is applicable to deep stack cash games as well.It's not applicable to online tournaments because they're not deep stacked.
Are you saying that the one that say deep stack are in fact not so much so because they adjust the blinds accordingly? Crazy talk.

Small balls are never good.You gotta have BIG BALLS to play with REAL MONEY, BABY!

1208060712814.jpg
Awesome first reply.
Awesome first reply.
I hate this first reply. In fact I hate about 50pct of all replies on this forum because they are not related to the topic. If i wanna laugh I'll turn on comedy central. If i wanna talk poker I used to think an online Poker Forum was the best spot.As for the thread, I think smallball is way more effective in cash games than tournaments. In tournaments I think u gotta win some big pots to cover the variance of losing some coin flips. I also think that If u play bigpotpoker in tournaments, then when u trap someone it is for a huge pot, rather than playing a smallpot and trapping them for maybe a small bet or two on the river.
I hate this first reply. In fact I hate about 50pct of all replies on this forum because they are not related to the topic. If i wanna laugh I'll turn on comedy central. If i wanna talk poker I used to think an online Poker Forum was the best spot.As for the thread, I think smallball is way more effective in cash games than tournaments. In tournaments I think u gotta win some big pots to cover the variance of losing some coin flips. I also think that If u play bigpotpoker in tournaments, then when u trap someone it is for a huge pot, rather than playing a smallpot and trapping them for maybe a small bet or two on the river.
All poker professionalists use the smallballest strategery while playing their game -- both in the tournamentalist environment and whilst playing cashing games.But honestally, if you wanting goodier answer, please do asking in STRATEGERY FORUMSLoves and kisses,Merby
But honestally, if you wanting goodier answer, please do asking in STRATEGERY FORUMSMerby
Its a poll i want the most responses ?