$1million Turbo Takedown

Ok, this is just wrong if we're thinking of the same tourney. The 99+R fpp X2 turbo is a whole lot more expensive unless you run perfect.The tourney is kind of nuts since the blinds are like, 800/1600 w/50 ante before you can add on at the break for 5K. If you bust before the break and double rebuy, you're still way way short stacked. Also, you can't really just quit the tourney and cut your losses since half the field does this and it's very -EV no matter how many rebuys you've taken. They should offer the normal 99R turbo. imoAnyho, I bought directly in yesterday since I wasn't going to dump fpps in satty's. Your post convinced me to try one of the 99R. I won the stupid thing so I guess I'm in the TT for 900fpps. Thanks for that but I wouldn't recommend this tourney. :club:
LMAO... Yeah, I know it's a STOOOOPID blind structure and incredibly fast. But that's just it, I think people have a good chance unless they run incredibly bad. If you get a premium hand in the beginning you quadruple quickly. And it just continues being a huge donk fest but for some reason decent players make it.Not sure why they have to make it a double turbo. I mean what does it really hurt to have a normal turbo?Oh, and your welcome for the good/bad advice and getting you in cheaper... LOLEDIT: I posted that cuz I didn't think any of the sattys were a good deal. Either a huge long shot or a luckfest like this one if you didn't have 1000 FPP's to try those. This was very specific recommendation to those with 1k or less points.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only got about 1k in FPP's atm but when I get back later tonight I will try to satty in and if I do i am definitely down for a LL. Trying to remember how I satt'd into the last one........................................

You sure about that? Even at only 5K FPP's? I'd like to know the answer to this before I decide whether to play.
Im not sure what your asking about in my post, but I'm pretty confident that everything in my post is true.

I'm already bought in but I will unregister if this is less EV than using 12,500 FPP's to get in Sunday Million. It seems pretty close, since this is the equivelant of what, like $80 bucks? That's $80 for a prize pool of $1m, but with twice the players of the Sunday Million, which prize pool also gets to about 1.3 mil reguarly, at over double the cost. Seems close to a wash, except the Mil isn't a turbo and this is. Also, these players will probably be a ton worse. Adding that all up, I'll probably play but could be talked out of it.

I'm already bought in but I will unregister if this is less EV than using 12,500 FPP's to get in Sunday Million. It seems pretty close, since this is the equivelant of what, like $80 bucks? That's $80 for a prize pool of $1m, but with twice the players of the Sunday Million, which prize pool also gets to about 1.3 mil reguarly, at over double the cost. Seems close to a wash, except the Mil isn't a turbo and this is. Also, these players will probably be a ton worse. Adding that all up, I'll probably play but could be talked out of it.
Im dumb. For some reason I thought the Sunday million was 235 dollars to buy into instead of 215, this is even without considering that you should probably not include the registration fee when comparing the values between these tourneys. This makes the Turbo Million a better deal even if it fills.An even better deal then then Turbo may be the 4k FPP Main Event Qualifiers if you would be able to determine that the value for 1 of the seats is actually $12500(Im not up to speed on how much money you get if you dont play the ME) since they gave out 3 seats in the last one and was 444 players which would have a larger value at less FPPs than a full Turbo Takedown.

One thing I forgot to add, I started with 1100 fpps and lost a race AK>66 just before the break so I used my last 200 to buy the min, but could not do the add on. I think I had 3200 after the break. This was my first try as I usually use my points in the 500pt Mil sat.

One thing I forgot to add, I started with 1100 fpps and lost a race AK>66 just before the break so I used my last 200 to buy the min, but could not do the add on. I think I had 3200 after the break. This was my first try as I usually use my points in the 500pt Mil sat.
Wow, nice work!!!! I had blown my FPPs playing steps and such - cuz Im not a bright man. But these look like a pretty good deal, I just couldnt afford it.
Wow, nice work!!!! I had blown my FPPs playing steps and such - cuz Im not a bright man. But these look like a pretty good deal, I just couldnt afford it.
54 started, top 6 get seats. 7th got 1600 fpps. Funny, first hand at the FT I got pocket 10's under the gun. Standard 3bb raise for the table gets re-raised from the chipleader. I could fold and still have a decent stack but I think he is abusing the bubble. He had 9's and my hand held !!
  • 1 month later...

Bump.... cuz I won a seat. Anyone else trying to get in for this? Happens again this sunday.Anyone who played... how is the play in it? Comparable to the 100k, I'm guessing? Maybe a bit better because of the amount of FPP's required?

Bump.... cuz I won a seat. Anyone else trying to get in for this? Happens again this sunday.Anyone who played... how is the play in it? Comparable to the 100k, I'm guessing? Maybe a bit better because of the amount of FPP's required?
I'm gonna play.And the play - about the same as the 100k. It's a typical, horrendous, lucksack tourny that we all know and love. Maybe somewhere between 100k and the donkey levels of the sunday million with all the satty players.GLGLGLGLEDIT: And I am going to try and satty in, but if not I am going to buy in directly as I hit platinum this month (obv brag edit)
I qualified yesterday too!Anyone interested in doing like a $10 LL?
I'll be playing this, the 100k, 3r, and maybe another MTT on sunday... and with my limited (and almost tapped) bankroll, I won't be in for the LL.Hoping my account will read something like $100,044.32 on Monday morning.
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm on vacation the last week of this month but I'll certainly be playing in August as I am hording my fpps now. Already over 8k I think from playing 1/2. $100k one time plskthx.