$1million Turbo Takedown

Anyone try satelliting in yet? 5k fpps to enter, 4000 places paid, starting w/ $90 to $100k for first.I've been trying to micro-grind and win a 150 fpp satty or one of these ridonkulous 10 fpp 500 person winner take all satties.Anyone direct buying in? The tourney is on May 25th.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea figures that I just blew 16,000 of my FPPs on Satellites into the ME and for Ipods etc.Wish I would have known about this and I woulda saved 5k fpps to play.I guess I could just deposit $2000 more on Stars and grind 25/50 NL. Yea right.GL to all that are in though.

These satties are frustrating as hell. Not surprisingly frustrating mind you... they just suck.

These satties are frustrating as hell. Not surprisingly frustrating mind you... they just suck.
Very true!!!!
I see they are doing it at the end of every month now too. That's cool.
But now that I see this, I don't have to rush to get in.
i remember this being such a bad tourney...
I was thinking of buying in directly, but your comment gives me pause. Does this tournament have a bad structure? Or is it just *VERY* bad value for your FPPs?
I was thinking of buying in directly, but your comment gives me pause. Does this tournament have a bad structure? Or is it just *VERY* bad value for your FPPs?
Great value imo. VERY bad structure. It's a turbo luckfest.
Great value imo. VERY bad structure. It's a turbo luckfest.
Oh good. I'm bad at tourneys anyway...

I hate the fact that it's a turbo tournament. I know the structure gets really flat in the end but nah, don't like it at all. gl to all of you who is gonna play though

That looks kind of interesting. 5,000 FFP's has roughly a $50 value.....if you trade it in for cash (then earn the additional points which is easy to do) but a 1 in 3 shot (if the 12,000 seats fill up) for at least 90 sounds tempting tooMy sat starts in a few minutes :club:

Isnt the same structure as the weekly 100k? 1 hour of play then shove/fold the rest of the way
Sounds about right.

It's a great value unless you lose 5K in satellites and then buy directly in. I think I'll just skip the satty's this time.

It's a great value unless you lose 5K in satellites and then buy directly in. I think I'll just skip the satty's this time.
or do what i did last time. Win my seat right away, withdraw to try and win more seats...lose that 5k, then 5k more direct buying in, then oversleeping, waking up to find yourself blind out 50 short of the $$$...
wasn't the buyin to the first one 10k fpp? and i remember there was a massive overlay if u converted fpps into points.
oh yeahso instead of 5 and 5...it was 10 and 10.ouch...hurts even worse.

i was pissed i couldnt sat in the 2mil takedown... but now that they are having these 1mil takedowns monthly i can finally have hope to get in!time to redeposit!!

PokerStars Tournament #87981651, No Limit Hold'emSuper SatelliteBuy-In: 1000 FPP6 playersTotal Prize Pool: $60.00Target Tournament #88888888 Buy-In: $50.001 tickets to the target tournamentTournament started - 2008/05/11 - 14:20:43 (ET)Dear tb17,You finished the tournament in 1st place.You qualified to play in Tournament #88888888 and are automatically registered for it.See Tournament #88888888 Lobby for further details.see you there.