Dallas Stars Vs Detroit Red Wings - 2008 Western Conference Final

I'm not sure if this series will be as exciting as the Eastern Conference final. Detroit has looked pretty strong in the playoffs and Dallas had a bit of trouble finishing off the Sharks. Turco was huge in keeping the Sharks from taking it to a game 7, but I'm not sure he will be able to stop all the fire power of Detroit...Detroit in 5 gamesDetroit Rock City :icon_dance:Thurs., May 8, 2008 Dallas at Detroit Sat., May 10, 2008 Dallas at Detroit Mon., May 12, 2008 Detroit at Dallas Wed., May 14, 2008 Detroit at Dallas *Sat., May 17, 2008 Dallas at Detroit *Mon., May 19, 2008 Detroit at Dallas *Wed., May 21, 2008 Dallas at Detroit * if necessary

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far all of my dreams in this playoffs have been answered. Dream 1: Please Lord, please make sure we don't play Vancouver in the first round, make it someone like Nashville. And make sure Osgood because the number one goalie instead of that evil man Hasuck.Dream 2: Please Lord, please make the Ducks and Sharsk go out in the 1st round. (one out of two ain't bad)Dream 3: Please Lord, please let us have to play the Avs in the second round because they can't beat us.Dream 4: Please Lord, please let us play Dallas in the Western Conference Finals because Turco can't win against us especially at the Joe. But don't make it a sweep for them against SJ. Make it go 6 or 7 games. (Came pretty close with the OT in the series)Dream 5: Please Lord, please let us have to play an Eastern Conference Team for the Cup, I don't care which one really because it's just the Eastern Conference.So far so good. Too bad he doesn't help me QQ vs 99 on a 884J board on the bubble.

Dream 5: Please Lord, please let us have to play an Eastern Conference Team for the Cup, I don't care which one really because it's just the Eastern Conference.
Did the NHL add a conference I don't know about?

I think this'll be the closer, more exciting series.Red Wings in 6As much as it sucks not to have the sharks playing anymore, you can't beat the 'classic' matchups. EG: wings v avs or avs v stars. And while this feels like one of those, I believe that dallas and detroit have only met once in the past 10 years or so.

wow, what a save on zetterberg by turco. and then ozzie comes up big.

Great PP effort by Detroit, Ozzie played solid. The TSN broadcasters I guess had a problem with Holmstrom's goal, but it looked clean to me.

Great PP effort by Detroit, Ozzie played solid. The TSN broadcasters I guess had a problem with Holmstrom's goal, but it looked clean to me.
He was in the crease, clearly obstructing Turco's ability to tend the goal.I'm an unbiased observer.
He was in the crease, clearly obstructing Turco's ability to tend the goal.I'm an unbiased observer.
ok, I just saw the review. Homer was def in the crease. Oh well, he's def. gonna have to watch himself for the rest of the series.
What did you think of the call on Fristric?I don't think it would have changed the outcome of this game, as Detroit clearly outplayed Dallas - I hope it was because Dallas top players were tired indeed - but I don't think beating the Wings will be possible if McCreary suits up for them again in this series.Even though the Stars were painful to watch last night, still couldn't stop, as Datsyuk is one of the funniest player to watch ever. Everything seems too easy for this guy. Awesome player.Good game Detroit, very impressive. The 5 on 5 goal sure was a nice piece.
What did you think of the call on Fristric?I don't think it would have changed the outcome of this game, as Detroit clearly outplayed Dallas - I hope it was because Dallas top players were tired indeed - but I don't think beating the Wings will be possible if McCreary suits up for them again in this series.Even though the Stars were painful to watch last night, still couldn't stop, as Datsyuk is one of the funniest player to watch ever. Everything seems too easy for this guy. Awesome player.Good game Detroit, very impressive. The 5 on 5 goal sure was a nice piece.
The call on Fristric was bad simply because it should have been Ott instead who came and got two punches to Homers face at the same time they called the penalty on Fristric. I don't know Dallas enough to know if their power play is dependent on Fristric so I can't say if it made a difference who was in the box.