Philadelphia Flyers Vs Pittsburgh Penguins - 2008 Eastern Conference Final

I'm not sure I expected this match up when the playoffs started, but I'll take it. This series is going to get PA rocking. I'm not sure much of the rest of America is going to care. :club: Pittsburgh has looked good throughout the playoffs and you would think they look like the favorites in this series but...I'm taking Philly in 6 games OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE :icon_dance:Fri., May 9, 2008 Philadelphia at Pittsburgh Sun., May 11, 2008 Philadelphia at Pittsburgh Tues., May 13, 2008 Pittsburgh at Philadelphia Thurs., May 15, 2008 Pittsburgh at Philadelphia *Sun., May 18, 2008 Philadelphia at Pittsburgh *Tues., May 20, 2008 Pittsburgh at Philadelphia *Thurs., May 22, 2008 Philadelphia at Pittsburgh * if necessary

I don't like this match-up as much as Dallas V. Detroit, but it is interesting. I hardly ever predict sweeps, but I think if Pittsburgh draws Philly to commit dumb penalties then the Pens will cruise. Sad to say that I feel the refs will determine the outcome of this series.

This series makes me nervous. There's so much riding on this, besides the obvious entry to the Stanley Cup Finals. I'm starting to really hate Philly fans, as they have almost zero class. Their GM sucks, and I'm not real fond of their coach. Hitchcock was an ass, as well. If the Flyers win, I'd have to completely isolate myself from the internet, as I'd go crazy reading articles from smug Philly correspondants.I'd be upset no matter who the Pens lost to, but it'd be even worse with Philly. The Pens SHOULD win this series, and they better win it :club:

This series makes me nervous. There's so much riding on this, besides the obvious entry to the Stanley Cup Finals. I'm starting to really hate Philly fans, as they have almost zero class. Their GM sucks, and I'm not real fond of their coach. Hitchcock was an ass, as well. If the Flyers win, I'd have to completely isolate myself from the internet, as I'd go crazy reading articles from smug Philly correspondants.I'd be upset no matter who the Pens lost to, but it'd be even worse with Philly. The Pens SHOULD win this series, and they better win it :club:
You must be new.Pens win the series, but not without a crippled player... hopefully it won't be Fleury, Malkin, or Crosby.

I don't mind the after the whistle stuff so much, but the Pens are sooooo good at drawing penalties, that if the Flyers start doing anything outside of the rules to slow them down, the refs SHOULD be calling it the way the book says, and the Flyers will get destroyed by the Pens' PP.The Pens do the after the whistle stuff as much as anyone, so that'll be a wash, imo.

You must be new.
Says the guy who just started posting here regularly once the Pens made a splash in the playoffs...I've always disliked Philly, but never more than Jersey. Now, Philly is at the top of the list, but it's been a slow build-up.
Pens in 7
Pens in 7 but Detroit in 4? I'd think it would be the other way around.
I think it is shitty that the pens can suck for so many years and just get first round picks to build a team. By the way, did anyone else think they threw that game against us just so they wouldnt have to play the flyers first round?
I don't mind the after the whistle stuff so much, but the Pens are sooooo good at drawing penalties, that if the Flyers start doing anything outside of the rules to slow them down, the refs SHOULD be calling it the way the book says, and the Flyers will get destroyed by the Pens' PP.The Pens do the after the whistle stuff as much as anyone, so that'll be a wash, imo.
I think the pens should worry about the flyers power play which was the best (2nd) all season and is not too shabby in the playoffs.
I think it is shitty that the pens can suck for so many years and just get first round picks to build a team. By the way, did anyone else think they threw that game against us just so they wouldnt have to play the flyers first round?
I think the pens should worry about the flyers power play which was the best (2nd) all season and is not too shabby in the playoffs.
I am glad to say the penguins suck and the flyers are going to destroy sid the kid. We are going to eat Fleury like a wiz with
Hi, serge.
I am glad to say the penguins suck and the flyers are going to destroy sid the kid. We are going to eat Fleury like a wiz with
Welcome troll. I think you're justifying everyone's low opinions of Philly fans.Just saw fryer's post. I hope this isn't serge, surely he has the stones to bash under his own name.
Actually, I meant to mention this. The opposite of what I said earlier holds true as well. If the Flyers start running around but make the Pens take stupid penalties, then we are in trouble. Fortunately, the Pens have very good discipline most of the time, and I've noticed they've gotten significantly better in the last few years at taking penalties.
God, you're retarded...We have zero class? Yeah, but the Canadian fans who start riots and throw GLASS BOTTLES at our players are angels. Also, this nice Capital fans who decided to throw a pizza box and beer at our players. Terrific class!You're so ****ing retarded it's incredible. Yeah, our GM really sucks...Did you just start watching hockey? He turned a dead last place team into a team that is now in the Eastern Conference Finals...The Philadelphia Flyers are the first team EVER to have the worst record one year and make the Eastern Conference Finals the next...Our GM has done an amazing job rebuilding this team so quickly and turning us into contenders.You're not fond of our coach because he's the Flyers coach right? How much do you honestly know about him, though? Becuase he has done an excellent job mixing lines this year to find good team chemistry.The Philadelphia Flyers have achieved an incredible feat this year and certainly have the talent to win it all. Will they? I don't know...All I know is this series will probably go 7 games either way and either team could win it.
God, you're retarded...We have zero class? Yeah, but the Canadian fans who start riots and throw GLASS BOTTLES at our players are angels. Also, this nice Capital fans who decided to throw a pizza box and beer at our players. Terrific class!You're so ****ing retarded it's incredible. Yeah, our GM really sucks...Did you just start watching hockey? He turned a dead last place team into a team that is now in the Eastern Conference Finals...The Philadelphia Flyers are the first team EVER to have the worst record one year and make the Eastern Conference Finals the next...Our GM has done an amazing job rebuilding this team so quickly and turning us into contenders.You're not fond of our coach because he's the Flyers coach right? How much do you honestly know about him, though? Becuase he has done an excellent job mixing lines this year to find good team chemistry.The Philadelphia Flyers have achieved an incredible feat this year and certainly have the talent to win it all. Will they? I don't know...All I know is this series will probably go 7 games either way and either team could win it.
You left out the part about "your" GM having a team that is already over next season's salary cap.Bye bye Jeff Carter.

As great as the story is for the flyers, I think it ends swiftly here.Pens in five.Beeee-rooonnnnn has been darn good so far, but as good as Alex and Montreal were, he hasn't faced a team like this. I don't think they're going to outwork these guys either. The Pens are just in the zone. Even if they get behind in the early going, which Philly has been good at doing, they can turn it around at any moment and they know it too.