was this a bad laydown?

I was playing in a NLHE tournament and was heads up when the following situation came up. I had about $20,000 in chips and my opponent had about $12,000 in chips. My opponent had been going all in very frequently with very marginal hands when the following hand came up. I picked up 4 :club: 4 :D on the button and raised it to $1,200 with blinds at 300-600. My opponent then went all in for about 11,000 more. Now if i called i would lose the chip lead and be the short stack. What would you guys do in this situation ? I ended up folding.

I was playing in a NLHE tournament and was heads up when the following situation came up. I had about $20,000 in chips and my opponent had about $12,000 in chips. My opponent had been going all in very frequently with very marginal hands when the following hand came up. I picked up 4 :club: 4 :D on the button and raised it to $1,200 with blinds at 300-600. My opponent then went all in for about 11,000 more. Now if i called i would lose the chip lead and be the short stack. What would you guys do in this situation ? I ended up folding.
He did fold.

very easy fold. if your opponent showed you 56 after moving in, you should still fold 44. why gamble ? just wait for a better spot. I dont agree with your minimum raise, however.make ir 1800-2200 with this hand preflop. or in some cases, limp on the button, maybe just to confuse your opponent. just mt opinion.

Wait to call his all in with AK, it's stronger in this scenario. You're more likely to be dominating a hand with AK than you are with 44.

Easy fold b/c at best you're probably a coinflip and there's a chance you're dominated. Much better spots to have all your money in. Small pairs are great for moving in, but poor for calling all-ins.As pointed out above, you definitely want to make more than a minimum raise on that hand.

If he's moving in with marginal hands, you shouldn't raise period. If he's gonna come over the top for no reason, the only reason to ever raise is to keep him moving all in. If he's not moving if you limp, you should be making minimum raises with strong hands with the intention of calling his all-in and making him your son. Ice

I agree with 2 of the points said above.First it's an easy fold but not because you think you could be behind, but because you are almost guaranteed to be a coin flip (short of something like A2/A3). I personally would doubt he has a pair himself or he'd try and milk you some more. Possibly not even good high card holdings like AK/AQ for the same reason. You're most likely up against some garbage like 7Jo, but the simple fact is it's a coin flip, and there's no reason to gamble that much at that point.Second I also agree raising is somewhat pointless, especially if such a small amount. At this point you need to either raise to at lease 3x bb (I'd go with 4 myself) to put him in the tank, or not raise at all. If your raise has 0 chance of making the guy fold, it should only be done when you are a vast vast favorite.

If your opponent is playing crazy like you said, and going all-in almost every hand, you have a tough choice. Pocket pairs are nice hands heads up, but lower pocket pairs (I consider 9s and below lower pocket pairs) are a tough choice, it really is a gamble, but I would probably lay 4s down. Any 2 cards over 4 are overcards and all it takes is 1 lucky card to hit the board and u lose ur chip lead. Of all spots to try to end the tourny, I'd prolly move in with a stronger hand, 10s or higher, AK, maybe even KQ. Cuz if u are paired or hit ur higher pair, chances are ur gonna have him beat. So ya, it was an easy laydown, however, had u raised more preflop, you mighta gotten him to fold, or maybe even just call, cuz if he calls and ur magical 4 hits the flop, its all you, but if it doesn't, you better just plan on giving the hand up. :club:

The most awful thing about a minraise is it gives the BB at least 3-1 odds to call preflop. Whenever you offer someone odds like that, they are usually correct in taking them.Why give your opponents an easy chance to play correctly?

If your opponent is playing crazy like you said, and going all-in almost every hand, you have a tough choice. Pocket pairs are nice hands heads up, but lower pocket pairs (I consider 9s and below lower pocket pairs) are a tough choice, it really is a gamble, but I would probably lay 4s down. Any 2 cards over 4 are overcards and all it takes is 1 lucky card to hit the board and u lose ur chip lead. Of all spots to try to end the tourny, I'd prolly move in with a stronger hand, 10s or higher, AK, maybe even KQ. Cuz if u are paired or hit ur higher pair, chances are ur gonna have him beat. So ya, it was an easy laydown, however, had u raised more preflop, you mighta gotten him to fold, or maybe even just call, cuz if he calls and ur magical 4 hits the flop, its all you, but if it doesn't, you better just plan on giving the hand up. :club:
I have to be honest,I dont even read your post I just stare at the avatar, like I am hypnotized...................................

The reason i only raised the minimum amount was because it kept him from seeing free flops with junk hands. I didn't want to raise more than the minimum so when he does decide to go all in I'm not too comitted to the pot. I wanted to get at least a little value for my hand when he had a completely trash hand that i thought i could get him to fold even with a small raise.