More Bad News About Ub/ap

I'm still at a loss on how people continue to play on those two sites. Hope you get your monies out quick gil.

I'm still at a loss on how people continue to play on those two sites. Hope you get your monies out quick gil.
If it's happening there it can happen anywhere. Think about it. Pretty scary shit. I swear there was a guy on Full Tilt the other night with some sort of insight. He would call down with any two and bet smallish, with no draws, knowing I or someone else got jsut enough of the flop to stay with him, and also knowing he would suck out on the river. The bet sizes, just small enough, under the proper amounts to induce calls, and the way he'd call with some hands and fold others pre flop. Also unreal how every time I had a good hand like Aces or Kings and would make the standard 3x raise he would fold! I mean he'd call almost every/any other hand but fold when he was sure not to hit as if he knew I was huge, but he would call other times when I had like 10's or 9's and out flop me. As if he knew he would.I mean it was un canny how he constantly avoided hands that would kill him then show down horrible starting hands that he never should have gotten to showdown with unless he knew he would win. He kept saying he was drunk, etc. but another guy and I were certain that this guy must have had some sort of inside knowledge. I know that sounds nuts but so many hands that he won made no sense at all. He bought in for $100 and less than an hour later had over $600. Very little of it was mine thank god, as I stayed out of his way after I smelled a rat.No way to prove this obv. but 2 others at our table were chatting about the same thing. It was very very very strange. we didnt stick around long. I should have reported it but wtf? who knows! maybe he was drunk...but I have my serious doubts.I dunno man... you online pros watch your backs.

Here is what it is linked to. Never seen so many words without actually saying anything in my life:I know this post could have gone in many other threads, but I want to make sure that people see it. In most situations I wouldn't do this, but I have inside information on this situation and people should know about it.Okay, so as you all know there is significant evidence that there were superusers on Ultimate Bet as well as Absolute Poker. The evidence comes from around the same time period as the AP cheating.I've spoken with the guy who is, basically, leading the investigation at UB. I guarantee that he is working on it. I am 100% confident that it is a priority in his mind. For many reasons, he's more upset about the whole thing than anyone else that I've met or talked to. While I can't tell you a lot of what he's told me, I can tell you that UB is not ignoring it internally. In fact, the delay in resolution is not at UB itself. They've done a very thorough investigation and they're committing some very significant resources to make sure that it never happens again at AP or UB. More information about UB/AP's steps will be made more public over the next few weeks and months.I reallllllly want to tell the whole story as I know it, but I can't. In fact, telling the whole story as I know it could jeopardize the whole outcome of this situation. Once the facts are revealed, people will understand why I can't say what's going on right now. You'll just have to trust me on that.Okay, now that I've said what I can say, I also want to say this: If I were you, I probably wouldn't play at UB or AP right now either. I can perfectly understand the frustration on the part of the players in a situation such as this and I think it's perfectly reasonable to boycott the site until you're satisfied the site is safe. In fact, if you believe that a company that allows (not necessarily intentionally so much as ignorantly) cheating to go on at some point is unable to ever clean itself up, then you should never play at either site ever again. Make no mistake about it -- there was blatant cheating on both AP and UB in 2007 and if the players never spoke up, nothing would have ever gotten refunded or fixed. That's obviously inexcusable and it's up to AP/UB to show that it has made things right and that it will be clean going forward.So, to wrap things up, I believe in the current management at AP/UB. I think they want to do the right things. However, they're still cleaning up an enormous mess left by previous management/ownership. I assure you're they want this whole scandal resolved fairly even more than the most outspoken P5ers. Although it may be too much to ask, give them some more time to get everything in order -- imo, there's a good but unfortunate reason for why they've taken so long. However, for the time being, I completely understand anyone who wants to cash out from both sites and take a wait-and-see approach. It's exactly what I would do.-Nat

i quit playing on UB when i shoved AK preflop for 400~$ at 2 4 NL i believe it was... and was called by 102 and lost that buy in and then the next hand shoved QKs and was callled by Q9 losing the rest of my bankroll on that site. Not saying i was palying against a superuser but jesus christ. If it can happen on those sites its crazy to not think it cant happen on the 0other majors. Yes. it is fuccking gross. +

i quit playing on UB when i shoved AK preflop for 400~$ at 2 4 NL i believe it was... and was called by 102 and lost that buy in and then the next hand shoved QKs and was callled by Q9 losing the rest of my bankroll on that site. Not saying i was palying against a superuser but jesus christ. If it can happen on those sites its crazy to not think it cant happen on the 0other majors. Yes. it is fuccking gross. +
That is NOT superuser. Graycat/p0tripper could see the other players holecards, not make 10 2 beat AK. I suggest you read into what actually went on before you start saying it could happen on other sites or stop playing and take off your tinfoil hat.
doug, dont be a douchebag.. it was just a thought of mine that has to do with the topic
doug, dont be a douchebag.. it was just a thought of mine that has to do with the topic
bbfidts
That is NOT superuser. Graycat/p0tripper could see the other players holecards, not make 10 2 beat AK. I suggest you read into what actually went on before you start saying it could happen on other sites or stop playing and take off your tinfoil hat.
stfu.

I don't know why anyone would play on either of those sites.PokerStars and FullTilt.... why would you need anything else?

April 8, 2008Hello BLKJAKSHELAK, In February of this year, Absolute Poker announced the acquisition of Vegas Poker 247. Today, we are thrilled to announce that your account has been successfully and fully transferred to Absolute Poker. You can now log into your new Absolute Poker account using your Vegas Poker 247 username and password. All of the benefits that you previously enjoyed remain intact including accumulated bonuses, status, points, raked hands, and a host of other features. Best of all, you’ll immediately be able to take advantage of Absolute Poker’s bigger bonuses, more lucrative promotions and enhanced customer service. Please note that while the Vegas 247 software will be unavailable, your existing username and password will give you complete access to the Absolute Poker community. But it’s not just about a better time at the tables. Providing our players with an honest poker experience and keeping their funds safe are paramount at Absolute Poker. We remain dedicated to providing each and every one of our players with industry-leading security and transparency in one of the online poker world’s safest online environments. If you have any questions or comments regarding your Absolute Poker account, don’t hesitate to contact us at support@absolutepoker.com. Welcome to the AP community, The Absolute Poker Team

hello Mr Euro.... HU 4 Rollz?
seriously **** off, nobody cares about your bad beat stories, mr euro, wtf is this. You obviously know nothing about the topic posted so dont waste my time by typing OMG my kings got cracked by 84 offsuit, just thought i'd throw it out there. It's got absolutely nothing to do with the superuser scandal. Plz dont waste mine and everybody elses time with another pointless post making pointless challenges.
Here is what it is linked to. Never seen so many words without actually saying anything in my life:
QFT.... Man why did I read all this.......
seriously **** off, nobody cares about your bad beat stories, mr euro, wtf is this. You obviously know nothing about the topic posted so dont waste my time by typing OMG my kings got cracked by 84 offsuit, just thought i'd throw it out there. It's got absolutely nothing to do with the superuser scandal. Plz dont waste mine and everybody elses time with another pointless post making pointless challenges.
Wait, didn't he specifically point out it had nothing to do with the scandal? Seriously, stfu.
Wait, didn't he specifically point out it had nothing to do with the scandal? Seriously, stfu.
Really, no nead to be a Dick, Doug !!
let's see what new revelations are coming out soon. I already put in a check withdrawal request from UB, hopefully I hear back soon.http://www.pocketfives.com/poker-forums/7/...312?PageIndex=2
I only read the OP in the P5s link, because P5s hurts my brain, but why can't I figure out why this is bad news?To me, it seems as if Nat is saying that he's satisfied with the efforts made by management to both investigate the incidents that occurred under the OLD management, and to eliminate any possibility of this happening in the future.I don't see how this could be bad news, unless we're talking about the games there getting tougher because 2p2ers are coming back?
What's your point in all of this Doug ???? Sounds like a previous history maybe, I don't know...... But you came on this thread with a bad attitude from the beginning.... Sounds like YOU should spend time in the Bad Beat forum for awhile to vent a little.....[X] IMO
What's your point in all of this Doug ???? Sounds like a previous history maybe, I don't know...... But you came on this thread with a bad attitude from the beginning.... Sounds like YOU should spend time in the Bad Beat forum for awhile to vent a little.....[X] IMO
my point is this has nothing to do with the topic

I agree Nat's post is very vague and doesn't say anything new about what already happened. I think his point was that the new management at AP/UB is going to announce something new within the next month(maybe more specifics about the scandal, how deepsread it was, more restitution to players(one time have 5k show up in my account), etc.). I was just concerned in the last sentence where he said if you wanna withdraw all your money from those sites that's what I would do, so I'm gonna take the safe route for now and do that. Some people wonder why people have any money on those sites/why anyone still plays there. I just deposited some on Ultimate Bet two months ago because UB at almost every level has much worse play than Stars or Tilt, and it is good to have money spread across sites when you are looking for soft games. I also know AP gives some people great rakeback deals and other benefits. So yeh I don't think the supposedly upcoming news will be any new crazy revelation, just some more details into what we already know happened and all the steps they have taken to fix it.Zach - if you wanna edit the "bad" in the title out to just more news I'm all for it :club:

I agree Nat's post is very vague and doesn't say anything new about what already happened. I think his point was that the new management at AP/UB is going to announce something new within the next month(maybe more specifics about the scandal, how deepsread it was, more restitution to players(one time have 5k show up in my account), etc.). I was just concerned in the last sentence where he said if you wanna withdraw all your money from those sites that's what I would do, so I'm gonna take the safe route for now and do that. Some people wonder why people have any money on those sites/why anyone still plays there. I just deposited some on Ultimate Bet two months ago because UB at almost every level has much worse play than Stars or Tilt, and it is good to have money spread across sites when you are looking for soft games. I also know AP gives some people great rakeback deals and other benefits. So yeh I don't think the supposedly upcoming news will be any new crazy revelation, just some more details into what we already know happened and all the steps they have taken to fix it.Zach - if you wanna edit the "bad" in the title out to just more news I'm all for it :club:
Yeah, all the post does is make me feel more confident about having all my money there. If Nat is saying he's confident in the directions of the new management, then that is enough for me, given the high level of respect he's given at 2p2 and P5s. There's no new news in this post at all, and saying that some news is forthcoming seems kinda like grasping at straws, simply given what's in that post, at least in the sense that it's 'bad' news. He seemed too excited about it for it to be bad news, imho.Maybe I'm just not enough of a conspiracy theorist.
Here is what it is linked to. Never seen so many words without actually saying anything in my life:
lololol so true. I love the part where he says "Now that I've said what I can say" after about 4 paragraphs. The only thing I can decipher that he "did say" is that UB is working on it. lolol