The title is "Best Verse" but most seem to be complete lyrics, so I'll bold the verse!So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, Blue skys from pain. Can you tell a green field From a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil? Do you think you can tell? And did they get you to trade Your heros for ghosts? Hot ashes for trees? Hot air for a cool breeze? Cold comfort for change? And did you exchange A walk on part in the war For a lead role in a cage? How I wish, how I wish you were here. We're just two lost souls Swimming in a fish bowl, Year after year, Running over the same old ground. What have we found? The same old fears. Wish you were here. (Third verse would have been better except for the mixed metaphor!)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The title is "Best Verse" but most seem to be complete lyrics, so I'll bold the verse!So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, Blue skys from pain. Can you tell a green field From a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil? Do you think you can tell? And did they get you to trade Your heros for ghosts? Hot ashes for trees? Hot air for a cool breeze? Cold comfort for change? And did you exchange A walk on part in the war For a lead role in a cage? How I wish, how I wish you were here. We're just two lost souls Swimming in a fish bowl, Year after year, Running over the same old ground. What have we found? The same old fears. Wish you were here. (Third verse would have been better except for the mixed metaphor!)
Amazing song.
  • 2 months later...

Canibus brings the sickest drama,Fierce enough to pierce the thickest armorI smack bitches who try to suck dick through a condomPlaying with the mic is something i wont doMy only concern when i approach you, is to roast youI smoke you and whoever you standing close toAnd make every man in your crew deny that he knows youDefeating, niggas like segal steven,Putting emcees in, positions to prevent 'em from breathingI'll make you question any and everything you've ever believed inBy peeping your deepest secrets like psychic readers,What's the matter with ya'll, i splatter ya'llAgainst the mutha ****in wall with these raw lyrics i catapultNone of ya'll got the balls big enough to battle,I go on & on like erika baduA hundred times nicer than the best there isTwice as african as krs is, who wanna test this**** yall you dont impress me and no one can test meAn emcee so ill, i got aids scared to catch meAll that shit you poppin will stop, when i put you in a headlock,And apply pressure until i crush your mutha ****in nogginI grab mics and push niggas to the leftSo fast their hearts end up on the right side of their chestsMy hypothesis, is that nobody can see thisLyrical genius, i got it sown like a seamstressBut if you want to battle, i'm down,If you got nine lives, i'll take eight of them off your hands right nowStep up and get your neck cut from ear to earIf you survive, then you can cover your scar with a beardI'm the illest from queens to the new jerusalem briddicksAnyone who aint feeling my shidick can suck my didickYou need to quit it, if you aint spittenMore than 50 bars per minute cause you aint in lyrical fitnessKickin' boring raps with metaphors that's wackAll of ya'll mutha ****as need nordictrackTo get ya weight up, ****in with canibus you get ate upGet beat down and sprayed up, just for bringing my name upBeen rockin longer than niggas twice my ageBack in the days before bob marley was rockin a fadeBefore honest abe signed the paper that freed slavesBefore neanderthals was drawing on walls in cavesI existed, in the garden of eden gettin liftedStickin dick to eve before she was adams mistressBefore christ created christmas, i been in lyrical fitnessThe canibus is spitten till' he's spitless50 bars of total sickness, you wont forget thisI'm puttin' every wack emcee alive on my shit listVerbally vicious, tele-connectically giftedTook you a minute, to exhibit that i'm sick wit itNow you tell me who you think is damaging shitGoing once, going twiceSold to that nigga name canibusMe and mr.cheeks, a-plus, and funk doctorHopping out the hue helicopter to suey chop ya

That Love is all and Love is everyoneIt is knowing...it is knowing...That Ignorance and Hate, they mourn the deadIt is believing...it is believing...But listen to the colour of your dreamsIt is not living...it is not living...Or play the game Existence to the endOf the beginning...of the beginning...of the beginning...of the beginning...

an oldie but an awesome goodie, especially on headphones:The morning is deadAnd the day is tooThere's nothing left here to greet meBut the velevet moonAll my lonelinessI have felt todayIt's a little more than enoughTo make a man throw himself awayAnd i continueTo burn the midnight lampAloneNow the smiling portrait of youIs stll hangin' on my frowning wallIt really doesn't ....really doesn't bother me too much at allIt's just the, uh, ever falling dustThat makes it so hard for me to seeThat forgotten ear-ring laying on the floorFacing coldly toward the doorAnd i continueTo burn the midnight lampAll aloneBurnLonely lonely, yeahLonely lonely lonelyLoneliness is such a, dragSo here i sit to faceThat same old fire placeGettin' ready for the same old explosionGoin' through my mindAnd soon enough time will tellAbout the circus and the wishing wellAnd someone who will buy and sell for meSomeone who will toll my bellAnd i continue to burn the midnight lampAloneDarlin' do you here me callin' youSo lonelyLonely!

Aww man, awesome song. Favorite Hendrix album, too! You posting this made me pull it out and listen to it. =)
9. The Burning Of The Midnight Lamp 10. Rainy Day, Dream Away 11. 1983 (A Merman I Should Turn To Be) 12. Moon, Turn The Tides ... gently, gently away 13. Still Raining, Still Dreaming 14. House Burning Down 15. All Along The Watchtower 7 amazing songs (the rest arent too bad either lol), but I cant think of 3 better in a row than 9-11. I dont know if he ever would have gotten back to that sound, and while Band of Gypsys is in the top 5 concerts of the hundreds Ive been to, I wasnt thrilled with the transition.

A choice is made of free willJust like the choice to killDecisions to lose controlMy self-destructive rationaleA choice is made, made of free willJust like the choice, the choice to killIn the speed of a momentLife stands still now you're standing in my killing field-------If ever words were spokenPainful and untrueI said I loved but I liedIn my lifeAll I wantedWas the keepingOf someone like youAs it turns outDeeper within meLove was twisted and pointed at youNever ending pain, quickly ending life