Yanks Know Nothing About Football?

Thought I'd bump this old chestnut of a thread, seeing as we'll find out exactly how much the 'Yanks' know about football tomorrow.Predictions? Good opportunity for a little experimentation by Capello, like playing Agbonlahor or something, but probably not too much (Eriksson style), as he'll want the team to gain some confidence.3-0 imo.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even I wouldn't bet against England here.

aw, that's cute.. it's nice that the englishmen are getting pumped up for a friendly against the US while the rest of Europe prepares for Euro '08. Have fun with the Booby prize. England 2-1

aw, that's cute.. it's nice that the englishmen are getting pumped up for a friendly against the US while the rest of Europe prepares for Euro '08. Have fun with the Booby prize.
Oh... you bastard.

Either I missed some other threads where this was resolved and it's become a complex bit I'm not in on or I'm just more cynical/observant than the rest of you, but clearly RyanOliverHart1985 is Mac's puppet account. Even the name is an obvious, offensive stereotype. Book it.

Either I missed some other threads where this was resolved and it's become a complex bit I'm not in on or I'm just more cynical/observant than the rest of you, but clearly RyanOliverHart1985 is Mac's puppet account. Even the name is an obvious, offensive stereotype. Book it.
I wish it were true
If it's not you, it's someone else. And it's awesome. Best account since Scram.
I really don't think it is, if you go back in his history, he has several rather serious posts, including the one I originally beefed with him about, the Floyd Mayweather Rickey Hatton fight thread. I'm sure at this point, if he was a dupe account, KDawg would have banned him for pissing him off.Or it could be your joke account, I think only you could pull something like this off. But I don't think you have the attention span for this kind of slow cooked ploy anymore.
I really don't think it is, if you go back in his history, he has several rather serious posts, including the one I originally beefed with him about, the Floyd Mayweather Rickey Hatton fight thread. I'm sure at this point, if he was a dupe account, KDawg would have banned him for pissing him off.Or it could be your joke account, I think only you could pull something like this off. But I don't think you have the attention span for this kind of slow cooked ploy anymore.
I admire where you went with this. I would absolutely be arguing that it was a joke, if it were mine, just to deflect, so I appreciate the paranoia. But you're right, I don't have the interest in this community anymore to do it. If it's not you, and you think he's for real (I've only read this one thread), I'll trust your judgment. I actually am developing another sick obsession that might lead to some more deep cover shit, but you are the only poster here who might not be wigged out by it, so if it goes down, I'll PM you.
I admire where you went with this. I would absolutely be arguing that it was a joke, if it were mine, just to deflect, so I appreciate the paranoia. But you're right, I don't have the interest in this community anymore to do it. If it's not you, and you think he's for real (I've only read this one thread), I'll trust your judgment. I actually am developing another sick obsession that might lead to some more deep cover shit, but you are the only poster here who might not be wigged out by it, so if it goes down, I'll PM you.
I eagerly await the details.
In our orginal beef, I called him a chav for the way he was supporting Hatton, and he claimed not to know what a chav was, which was totally disingenuous ( and probably a result of chav self-loathing, kinda the way emo kids deny being emo). Then, he pm'd me, threatening to report me to the mods for calling him a chav. I laughed at him, posted his letter in the tread, and reported my post myself, which nothing happened. After that, he hasn't been too keen on me.It's funny that he's such an obvious chav that you would assume he's a fake account.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can't this thread die. It was started by some moron troll, it really doesn't deserve 4 pages. If you're a serious football (soccer) fan and American drop by any of the serious threads and have decent discussion. Stop bumping this garbage.

Can't this thread die. It was started by some moron troll, it really doesn't deserve 4 pages. If you're a serious football (soccer) fan and American drop by any of the serious threads and have decent discussion. Stop bumping this garbage.
NOOB
  • 6 months later...
Bump