Wsop 2008 Final Table In November

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While poker pro Daniel Negreanu also applauds the timetable, he says it will make for a "different dynamic" at the final table. "You're going to see some really kind of more sophisticated play," he says.The WSOP is a 55-event series of tournaments that begins May 30. ESPN will begin airing taped broadcasts of various events July 22. Negreanu expects players at the final table to monitor those."They're going to watch the ESPN broadcasts and go, 'Oh, did you notice that? When he does this, he's bluffing,' " Negreanu says.

LAME. I can't believe they're going to make me wait that long to take it down, ugh.
You will have an awesome opportunity to play different companies against each other tho and make crazy endorsement deals, imo.
You will have an awesome opportunity to play different companies against each other tho and make crazy endorsement deals, imo.
That will be interesting. Agents will be hovering the final 2 tables.

PLEASE BE A JOKEPLEASE BE A JOKEPLEASE BE A JOKEPLEASE BE A JOKEPLEASE BE A JOKEPLEASE BE A JOKEPLEASE BE A JOKEif not, wsop me < wpt 25k from now on. i cant see the poker community allowing this bs

great, so we can have 9 walking billboards at the final table. Its not like guys couldnt get good endorsement money when it was played at the normal time, guys who qualified through sites had some sort of deal in place for TV time with bonuses for deep finishes already, and those who didn't could easily hook up with a site to make nice money if they got to the final table. Plus, the guys who get there are all going to make a lot of money and will be in a position to get picked up by a site for a decent amount if they want to be after its already over.

Just imainge that you have two people covered in an all in situation but only by 1 BB, you lose but one guy gets knocked out and you have to wait a couple of months wondering what hand you will get your big blind in for.

Brunson, 74, has reservations about the delay being "overkill," he'd have no qualms about having to deal with it."No, I'll try to hang on another four months," he said, laughing.

Another reason not to play the ME..............you know, besides not having the 10K, not having time off work and there's too many players.

Not to mention the intense training these guys are gonna pay for during the 6 months, thus drastically changing the expected outcome of the event.

Yea, I hate it. If you make the FT, you have to forget everything about what happened with those players and approach it like a sng with unknowns. You have to wait months to see what kind of monies you'd ultimately be getting. Looking at last years payouts, 9th place money would certainly hold you over until the FT played out but there's really good money and actual life changing money on the line. Most people would still have to keep a job if they don't finish 1-3rd and I think the pressure of the payouts will weigh more on the players the longer they have to wait for the FT. 1 $8,250,0002 $4,840,9813 $3,048,0254 $1,852,7215 $1,255,0696 $956,2437 $705,2298 $585,6999 $525,934

The WSOP has jumped the shark.
there was a thread about this posibility a month or so ago. really really terrible. not a real tournamnent anymore imo. we will get all this "its good for poker", but this sux. apparently mental stamina is no longer a part of tournament poker
Yea, I hate it. If you make the FT, you have to forget everything about what happened with those players and approach it like a sng with unknowns. You have to wait months to see what kind of monies you'd ultimately be getting. Looking at last years payouts, 9th place money would certainly hold you over until the FT played out but there's really good money and actual life changing money on the line. Most people would still have to keep a job if they don't finish 1-3rd and I think the pressure of the payouts will weigh more on the players the longer they have to wait for the FT. 1 $8,250,0002 $4,840,9813 $3,048,0254 $1,852,7215 $1,255,0696 $956,2437 $705,2298 $585,6999 $525,934
BS..imo