Darius Songaila Rip

punching Lebron James in the face for no reason in Cleveland - Not Smartyou all will say - that was just a slap, but people are irrational here and it sure didn't look like itWash is even dumber than Charles Barkley thought when he called them the dumbest team of all timeThey are up 18-12 the crowd is ho hum - Butler is on fire - Why not have you knucklehead guy from Russia give a backhand slap to Lebron's face for no reason at allIt's been 40 years since this town won a title - that not be smart!

After watching severals replays I don't think Songalia deserved the technical or flagrant they gave him. Their arms got tangled and Lebron pushed Songalia's arm upwards to get free of him. Unfortunately, it slightly bumped his jaw/face. Haywood impersonation of James in a child's voice, "Oh knoooos, they be touchin my bodeeee pleeeze call fouls so I get to the line 20+ times to make up for my 7 turnovers and all around selfish play this game."In all honesty I'd like to hear from any unbiased observers watching this game, I really thought the refs officiated this game more in one team's favor(the Cavs) than any other game I've watched during the playoffs this year.Oh, and tytyty Eddie Jordan for finally intentionally fouling Ben Wallace with 4 minutes to go. He missed both and then left the game. Since that point the Wiz dominated and pulled out what even I thought was an impossible comeback(like 3% chance down 5 with a minute to go given the way the refs were calling the game).

After watching severals replays I don't think Songalia deserved the technical or flagrant they gave him. Their arms got tangled and Lebron pushed Songalia's arm upwards to get free of him. Unfortunately, it slightly bumped his jaw/face. Haywood impersonation of James in a child's voice, "Oh knoooos, they be touchin my bodeeee pleeeze call fouls so I get to the line 20+ times to make up for my 7 turnovers and all around selfish play this game."In all honesty I'd like to hear from any unbiased observers watching this game, I really thought the refs officiated this game more in one team's favor(the Cavs) than any other game I've watched during the playoffs this year.Oh, and tytyty Eddie Jordan for finally intentionally fouling Ben Wallace with 4 minutes to go. He missed both and then left the game. Since that point the Wiz dominated and pulled out what even I thought was an impossible comeback(like 3% chance down 5 with a minute to go given the way the refs were calling the game).
you have to get a t when you backhand a guy straight in the facehow did they dominate for the last 4 minutes?they were up like two when wallace left and in the next 2 and a half minutes the cavs built a 5 point lead and then missed two wide open threes and committed an incredibly stupid foulprops to caron butler for taking lebron off the dribbleas for the refs - if you are talking trash and acting crazy and committing tons of unnecessary hard fouls - I'm guessing the benefit of the doubt in the refs mind is going to be against you if the wiz had just played smart basketball like they did in game three and some of this game and not gone in for all the nonsense - they might be up 3-2 instead of the cavs
In all honesty I'd like to hear from any unbiased observers watching this game, I really thought the refs officiated this game more in one team's favor(the Cavs) than any other game I've watched during the playoffs this year.
I agree 100%, but it's not anything new. Cleveland always gets the benefit of the calls.
I agree 100%, but it's not anything new. Cleveland always gets the benefit of the calls.
yeh I expect Lebron and the Cavs at home to get the majority of the calls but nothing like what happened in this game. Also keith if you look at the foul James put on Blatche in game two that he just got assessed a flagrant II for prior to this game, that foul was honestly 10x worse than the Songalia foul. It was a straight punch to the face by James, but since it happened to a no name(Blatche) the media isn't even giving it another look. In this game the Songalia foul was Lebron pushing Darius' arm up into his own face. Against any other player there's no way that's a flagrant II but the way this series has been going I'm not too surprised they called it, although I definitely feel he only deserved a normal foul, not even a T. Lebron needs to stop whining about every single call, stop turning the ball over so much, and stop waiting so deep into every possesion before he starts running the offense or else he's gonna be back in Cleveland for a game 7 facing elimination after being up 3-1.

Normally I hate quoting articles but I was just reading through the Daily Dime on espn.com when I saw this, which pretty much sums up how I feel about the end of the game."CLEVELAND -- Though it is what everyone always remembers, most of the time games that came down to the final shot don't really come down to the final shot. Wednesday's Game 5 between the Cavs and Wizards was such a classic case. The Cavs lost and Wizards won, 88-87, not just because Caron Butler made his driving layup and LeBron James missed his, but because of the way both teams approached the game's final two minutes. The Cavs have been quite successful over the years in giving the ball to James and, as Delonte West said when describing the set up of his game-winning jumper in Game 4, "get the hell out of the way." But that isn't always the prudent way to play, especially when it isn't yet time for the last shot, a flaw the Cavs have shown often in the past. Ahead by five points with the ball with less than two minutes on the clock in their home arena in a close out game with one of the best finishers in the NBA, everything looked very positive for the Cavs. That's when the flaw was exposed, as the Cavs went through three questionable possessions that put wind back into the Wizards. James spent each possession dribbling at the top of the key while his four teammates stood and watched. He let the shot clock go all the way down before doing anything and then he didn't do much. He took a poor contested 3-pointer that didn't even hit the rim. He dished out to Daniel Gibson for an open 3-pointer but a low-percentage shot especially with the officials calling fouls (James took 18 free throws) and an undersized Darius Songalia covering Zydrunas Ilgauskas, who had 19 points and helped foul Brendan Haywood out earlier in the quarter. Then he gave up the ball late in the clock that resulted in Joe Smith taking a much closer shot, from about five feet, but doing it in less than two seconds because a 24-second violation was imminent. Meanwhile, the Wizards got three scores and went from down five to up one valuable point. "We didn't execute, being up five, and I had the ball in my hands for the most part," James said. "I'm supposed to put us in the position to do the right thing and I didn't do that.""

Normally I hate quoting articles but I was just reading through the Daily Dime on espn.com when I saw this, which pretty much sums up how I feel about the end of the game."CLEVELAND -- Though it is what everyone always remembers, most of the time games that came down to the final shot don't really come down to the final shot. Wednesday's Game 5 between the Cavs and Wizards was such a classic case. The Cavs lost and Wizards won, 88-87, not just because Caron Butler made his driving layup and LeBron James missed his, but because of the way both teams approached the game's final two minutes. The Cavs have been quite successful over the years in giving the ball to James and, as Delonte West said when describing the set up of his game-winning jumper in Game 4, "get the hell out of the way." But that isn't always the prudent way to play, especially when it isn't yet time for the last shot, a flaw the Cavs have shown often in the past. Ahead by five points with the ball with less than two minutes on the clock in their home arena in a close out game with one of the best finishers in the NBA, everything looked very positive for the Cavs. That's when the flaw was exposed, as the Cavs went through three questionable possessions that put wind back into the Wizards. James spent each possession dribbling at the top of the key while his four teammates stood and watched. He let the shot clock go all the way down before doing anything and then he didn't do much. He took a poor contested 3-pointer that didn't even hit the rim. He dished out to Daniel Gibson for an open 3-pointer but a low-percentage shot especially with the officials calling fouls (James took 18 free throws) and an undersized Darius Songalia covering Zydrunas Ilgauskas, who had 19 points and helped foul Brendan Haywood out earlier in the quarter. Then he gave up the ball late in the clock that resulted in Joe Smith taking a much closer shot, from about five feet, but doing it in less than two seconds because a 24-second violation was imminent. Meanwhile, the Wizards got three scores and went from down five to up one valuable point. "We didn't execute, being up five, and I had the ball in my hands for the most part," James said. "I'm supposed to put us in the position to do the right thing and I didn't do that.""
look at my post in the cavs thread i totally agree i hate the Lebron dribbles the clock down at the top of the key and they takes an off balanced three offenseMike Brown is the worst offensive coach of all time
look at my post in the cavs thread i totally agree i hate the Lebron dribbles the clock down at the top of the key and they takes an off balanced three offenseMike Brown is the worst offensive coach of all time
the worst thing that could have happened to the Cavs was that ridiculous Game 5 against the Pistons last year. they won the biggest game in franchise history by letting Lebron go 1 on 5 and shoot tough threes or try to drive on a whole team. By pulling it off once, it validated the idea for Mike Brown.....in reality, that game should ahve been treated as a fluke.
the worst thing that could have happened to the Cavs was that ridiculous Game 5 against the Pistons last year. they won the biggest game in franchise history by letting Lebron go 1 on 5 and shoot tough threes or try to drive on a whole team. By pulling it off once, it validated the idea for Mike Brown.....in reality, that game should ahve been treated as a fluke.
agree 100%

GO ZARDS!!!!!Wow, cannot believe the Cavs finally missed one against us in the final seconds. All the no namers have hit huge shots the past 3 years as well as Lebron and finally, he missed.Wiz in 7 since we are a much better TEAM without Gilbert. He is the best player on the team but he was out all year and the team has jelled without him.

Call me gay but I really like the way Arenas dresses...Kid's got style.as far as the wizards go, i think theyre making a fool out of themselves...dont get me wrong, im down with trash talking and being hella-competitive, i just think theyre taking the talking too far...not to mention all the physical abuse theyre giving Lebron...still glad they won yesterday...(for Boston's sake)

Call me gay but I really like the way Arenas dresses...Kid's got style.as far as the wizards go, i think theyre making a fool out of themselves...dont get me wrong, im down with trash talking and being hella-competitive, i just think theyre taking the talking too far...not to mention all the physical abuse theyre giving Lebron...still glad they won yesterday...(for Boston's sake)
Vatche!? Where you been man? You still got that big bet on the Lakers to win it all?In response to the trash talking I love it, the ratings people at the NBA love it, and the media loves it because it give them something to talk about. I do not think they're taking it too far. Is LBJ untouchable? Can Haywood not make fun of him just because he's Brendan Haywood? As for the bolded part I think the media is greatly overexagerrating this. Almost every big man in every playoff series has taken much more physical abuse than Lebron has in this series. This is playoff basketball. Darius Songalia has been hit, shoved, and physically abused by the bigger Zydranaus way more than Lebron. Remember Lebron rarely posts up, so you can't put a body on him and in the off chance that he does post up, he usually has a smaller defender on him. When Lebron goes to the rim are the Wizards supposed to get out of his way? No, they're supposed to do whatever they can to stop him from making easy buckets and also get in his head a little bit. He's not exactly a small guy at 6'9 260. The only player on Washington heavier than him is Haywood(only because he's 7'1) and his job is to protect the rim on D.The physical abuse that you and the media mention is really three-five incidents, including the Songalia incident last night, that have been blown way out of proportion. I think the Haywood in-game suspension for lightly shoving James when he was going to crash hard into the floor anyway was terrible. He should've just got a flagrant I and been allowed to stay in the game. Without Hay the Wiz have the 6'8 Songalia and rail thin Andray Blatche on the floor to try to guard Z. The only time I think any member of the Wiz tried to intentionally hurt Lebron in the heat of the game was the Deshawn Stevenson foul where he kind of wacked/grazed Lebron across the top of the forehead with a fist. He didn't even get called for a T or a flagrant if I recall for that foul and Lebron didn't say anything until his teammates told him Deshawn took a swipe at him with a closed fist. I just wonder if all the media attention of "Wizards are trying to hurt Lebron" is getting in the refs head, ala all the ridiculous calls the Cavs got last night.
Vatche!? Where you been man? You still got that big bet on the Lakers to win it all?In response to the trash talking I love it, the ratings people at the NBA love it, and the media loves it because it give them something to talk about. I do not think they're taking it too far. Is LBJ untouchable? Can Haywood not make fun of him just because he's Brendan Haywood? As for the bolded part I think the media is greatly overexagerrating this. Almost every big man in every playoff series has taken much more physical abuse than Lebron has in this series. This is playoff basketball. Darius Songalia has been hit, shoved, and physically abused by the bigger Zydranaus way more than Lebron. Remember Lebron rarely posts up, so you can't put a body on him and in the off chance that he does post up, he usually has a smaller defender on him. When Lebron goes to the rim are the Wizards supposed to get out of his way? No, they're supposed to do whatever they can to stop him from making easy buckets and also get in his head a little bit. He's not exactly a small guy at 6'9 260. The only player on Washington heavier than him is Haywood(only because he's 7'1) and his job is to protect the rim on D.The physical abuse that you and the media mention is really three-five incidents, including the Songalia incident last night, that have been blown way out of proportion. I think the Haywood in-game suspension for lightly shoving James when he was going to crash hard into the floor anyway was terrible. He should've just got a flagrant I and been allowed to stay in the game. Without Hay the Wiz have the 6'8 Songalia and rail thin Andray Blatche on the floor to try to guard Z. The only time I think any member of the Wiz tried to intentionally hurt Lebron in the heat of the game was the Deshawn Stevenson foul where he kind of wacked/grazed Lebron across the top of the forehead with a fist. He didn't even get called for a T or a flagrant if I recall for that foul and Lebron didn't say anything until his teammates told him Deshawn took a swipe at him with a closed fist. I just wonder if all the media attention of "Wizards are trying to hurt Lebron" is getting in the refs head, ala all the ridiculous calls the Cavs got last night.
hey gilb!ya, i got money on the celtics and lakers to go all the way...im hoping it's gonna be a throwback Lakers/Celtics finale :ts (with the lakers winning obviously)as far as the wizards go...i know the game gets more physical during playoffs, i just think theyve crosed the line on a few occasions...no need to slap a guys chin just cuz you get tangled up in the air with him, thats just disrespectful...but who knows, this might be their game plan...kind of risky cuz it can backfire depending on who/which team you do it to.they were kind of doing the same thing with the celtics towards the end of the regular season and they ended up owning them in the season series...funny thing...the celtics had locked up the overall 1 seed before their final meeting with the wizards and the big 3 were suppose to sit out that game...they went to doc rivers and "demanded" to play vs wizards to shut them up...Doc lets them play and they end up losing anyways. :Dif the celtics and wizards end up meeting in the 2nd rd, theres gonna be a shit load of fireworks...between all the shit talking, potential skirmishes on the floor and all the gang signs being thrown around, its going to be a fun series to watch. :club:

I was kidding about the hawks-wiz 2nd rd series. That would be comedy gold.I do wish the wiz would lighten up on the trash talking and just play hard on the court like they have been. Anybody being afraid of Brenda Haywood is just silly.If the Wiz make it to play against the Celts, expect a lot of trash talking. The Wiz won the regular season series 3-1. I was at both those home games in DC and somehow they matched up well with them. They play as a team better with no Gil.

Wow, bye bye Darius. Wiz will be short a white guy tonight. That really hurts us.

six less fouls on Lebron
I guess that means Brenda will be fouling out early in the 3rd...