Most Confident Call Ever To Backfire!

Kalmar didnt have calling odds at 2.5:1, hits it, Tran "retroactively" gives him the implied odds to draw by calling (Trans thought balloon: "how can he have it, he didnt have the odds to call") . Poker's golden paradox, as tourney strat forum readers (plus Actuary, who knows what he does or doesnt read and when) have come to know it.

It's easy for us to second guess every poker play when we can see the hole cards but I probably would have folded there and saved my chips for a better spot to get them all in. Tran deserves to get beat like that sometimes though ;-)

kenny tran is sick, he knew he had the 7or 8 for a gutterball but couldnt figure him for floosh also

I think it is an easy lay down! I mean all he had was a top pair?Could and should of waited for a better spot!Only Daniel can make calls like that and be RIGHT! lol

I think it is an easy lay down! I mean all he had was a top pair?Could and should of waited for a better spot!Only Daniel can make calls like that and be Wrong! lol
FYPMeh, you really have to take into consider all of the other hands those two played. They obviously had a history, and that played into Kenny's call. As for the hand in question... misread... but at least he has the balls to put his tourney on the line making calls like that. Definitely not a player I'd want at my table in the WSOP ME.
talk about sick callsrahmes 88 call just plain ridic
Is it just me or is he "THE donk" who made the final table? I never saw him really make a decent play besides that.And the hand where he has KK vs Yang's A5, w/ A x x board.. what was he thinking, speaking up?

It's not the call that we should be talking about. Kalmar sold it, maybe Tran should have read it. Not one moments hesitation, Allin just like every donk does when he misses. Stands up and everything. Tran bought it hook, line and sinker.

Kalmar didnt have calling odds at 2.5:1
Actually he did.
Kalmar is calling 1.3m to win 3.2m (2.46-1). Assuming he gets Kenny's stack when he hits (he probably won't too often), he can get up to 5.92-1 implied. With 15 outs going to the river, Kalmar is 2.07-1 to hit one. Kalmar has to discount his outs to 13 before he gets just below an unreasonable call...and even then...he can expect to pick up at least some chips on the river some of the time.Here's the issue with Tran's read as I see it...why would the guy ever play 77 that way? You're not going to give him credit for calling to the river with a flush draw, but you're going to assume he's calling with a gutter and underpair? And you're then assuming he, being an amateur, will turn that into a bluff...against a guy that was probably notorious for calling light by that point? The only hand that Tran should think he could beat would maybe be something like QJ...a draw that didn't come in that's representing the other draw.I want to give Kalmar some credit for acting as he apparently sold Tran, but standing up is usually indicative of strength.

I didn't real his all in as an I missed I'll try to buy itit was more like the guys I play who get an erection when they hit their draw and immediate push alll in without ever thinking about making a bet that will be calledbut then again I could see the cardsbut i guess if you are going to call you should call confidently - its a free chance to look like a genius i suppose

can't really judge his play or reads much, until you've had his type of success....
hell yeah we can - that's all the joy us losing players get out of watching poker on tv
Kalmar didnt have calling odds at 2.5:1, hits it, Tran "retroactively" gives him the implied odds to draw by calling (Trans thought balloon: "how can he have it, he didnt have the odds to call") . Poker's golden paradox, as tourney strat forum readers (plus Actuary, who knows what he does or doesnt read and when) have come to know it.
Gold!Oh, and I thought it was a semi-ridiculous call.And Hevad Khan is a ****ing goofball. He probably has a fart fetish.