The Meaning Of Evolution

Then this is simply the difference between you and me, and I can't possibly say any more than that.
I imagine you having cooler sunglasses. None of this is meant to be offensive, and it was more aimed at Crow than you. I don't see you as nearly that militant. You have said as much before that you have not discounted a supreme being.(I think) I don't know why I even bothered with this today, this really has become such a waste of time in here. My fault, I allowed myself to get sucked into this mess. I am going to watch Jurassic Park now and giggle at the silly scientists.
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Science is just a method, agreed... whens the last time you made a decision to believe in something that didn't use it as the starting point?
for rational people belief isn't a decision. it's something compelled by evidence.
Do you understand the difference between a thing and evidence of that thing? Do you believe Donald Trump exists??? Why, you've never met him have you?Stings.......doesn't it.
Exactly ! Thanks for agreeing with me.
No...it's exactly the same. I have not seen a million dollars ...therefore Donald Trumps claim of being a millionaire is false.I haven't seen it... ergo..it doesn't exist.People have written about it... but those people could have lied. Therefore.... those who believe in it ...are sheep.Stings...doesn't it.
You are really quite stupid.
Because belief in God equals suicide bomber? Thanks for illustrating the problem.
No, because belief in God does NOT equal good person. Are you really so dense that you didn't see what I was saying?
As far as proving that I am a better person than LLY, who said that? I have more potential, because I recognize that there is life outside of what I can see. I am not limited by the box that he lives in- can learn science, he cannot learn what I know because he doesn't believe it's real. In that way, I am more capable. As far as more life, that's fairly simple to see. I believe that this is not it, there is more, furthermore it impacts(or it should) my decisions in such a way that I (should be) working to be more perfect so I can spend eternity in that perfection with God. LLY, while he is more tame than say, Crow, at this point is bound by this life and this life alone. Therefore, I have more life. (Scripture tells me this as well. Of course, I can reason that out myself,but God was nice enough to just silver platter it if I didn't take the time to figure it out.)
At this point all I can do is laugh at you. Out loud. Relatively hard. Still laughing...
You are really quite stupid.No, because belief in God does NOT equal good person. Are you really so dense that you didn't see what I was saying?At this point all I can do is laugh at you. Out loud. Relatively hard. Still laughing...
You really are a shallow ignorant little man.Do the world a favor.... and sit this one out.Don't try to play with the big boys when you don't have the game.
You really are a shallow ignorant little man.Do the world a favor.... and sit this one out.Don't try to play with the big boys when you don't have the game.
Ah, sweet, sweet irony.If you can't tell the difference between the existence of a person who is well documented in several independent sources, who we also have video evidence of, as well as the ability to wait outside his residence and thus spot him in person, and the belief in several incredible, miraculous claims of which the only source people who wrote them down with the sole purpose to evangelize (which is not too different from hundreds of other religions, ones that you believe are false, but that is neither here nor there) in a book that has countless internal contradictions, claims which have never been duplicated and we have no ability to verify on their own, well I can't think of any other word other than stupid to describe you.
Ah, sweet, sweet irony.If you can't tell the difference between the existence of a person who is well documented in several independent sources, who we also have video evidence of, as well as the ability to wait outside his residence and thus spot him in person, and the belief in several difficult to believe, miraculous claims of which the only source is the very people who not only already believed it, but wrote it down in order to convince others to believe in it (which is not too different from hundreds of other religions, ones that you believe are false, but that is neither here nor there) in a book that has countless internal contradictions, claims which have never been duplicated and we have no ability to verify on their own, well I can't think of any other word other than stupid to describe you.
Nah I think I get his point now. He's saying that we believe that Donald Trump is a billionaire because we read it in books and magazines; we have never personally inspected his bank statements or other assets. We believe Jesus is our savior because we read it in the Bible. In other words, everything written in books is true.
You are really quite stupid.
not so much stupid as stubborn - making irrational statements because it's the only way he can support his egocentric religious belief. even your average idiot knows the difference between belief in donald trump even though you haven't seen him in person, and belief in the tooth fairy.
Nah I think I get his point now. He's saying that we believe that Donald Trump is a billionaire because we read it in books and magazines; we have never personally inspected his bank statements or other assets. We believe Jesus is our savior because we read it in the Bible. In other words, everything written in books is true.
Or rather that we must assume that everything written in books is true unless we can specifically prove they are false; the burden of proof is of course upon us, the reader.
YEAH speedz you fucking idiot. STOP BEING SO STUPID.
i had a headache when i started reading this thread. that was a bad decision.
you haven't read lois' posts yet. because if you had, you would have killed yourself 4 times already like myself. my poor brain. my poor, poor brain.

Not to burst any bad analogies, but I'm pretty sure Donald Trump is not a billionaire.More likely a really really in debt dude that lives high.There's a difference.and the Bible describes dinosaurs, so of course we believe in them.But they've been dead for thousands and thousands of years

Wow.I just read over the posts of today and just..just..just wow.Today may have had the most mind numbing series of posts I've ever read.
It was fun. Somewhere I came off as crazy. I don't get it.
Oh, I pay attention to scientific principal. I just reject it, it has no heart, it has no soul. It can only measure what is measureable, it contains no life, it has no meaning past it's goals of providing an answer, and then it's on to the next answer. Science can never be still, it can never be happy, it will never achieve any amount of solace. Those who use it as there 1 compass end up being worse robots than those they accuse of being robots. It's really quite sad.
I haven't read the other responses, so excuse me if this answer is a duplicate:It is not science's job to teach right and wrong, and science does not deny right and wrong. I believe in science, and I am an extremely moral person. I believe in right and wrong. The two are not mutually exclusive. In fact, science does not negate a belief in God. It just makes belief in God's role in certain aspects of the world highly unlikely. For example, it's quite possible that evolution happens because, at each stage, an all-powerful being reaches his/her omnipotent mind into the DNA of being and alters that DNA according to a grand plan. Science has no say on such things. But the hundreds of years, with millions of observations from independent researchers, all independently coming to the same conclusions, makes a particular explanation that says that all species were created at once easily falsifiable.I don't see how denying observable facts about the world (i.e., lying to oneself) leads to a better morality.
I haven't read the other responses, so excuse me if this answer is a duplicate:It is not science's job to teach right and wrong, and science does not deny right and wrong. I believe in science, and I am an extremely moral person. I believe in right and wrong. The two are not mutually exclusive. In fact, science does not negate a belief in God. It just makes belief in God's role in certain aspects of the world highly unlikely. For example, it's quite possible that evolution happens because, at each stage, an all-powerful being reaches his/her omnipotent mind into the DNA of being and alters that DNA according to a grand plan. Science has no say on such things. But the hundreds of years, with millions of observations from independent researchers, all independently coming to the same conclusions, makes a particular explanation that says that all species were created at once easily falsifiable.I don't see how denying observable facts about the world (i.e., lying to oneself) leads to a better morality.
I reject it as my only means of decision making. Thats what I should have said originally. My problem is with the people on this board who use it as there only guide if you will.
i feel embarrassed to be the same species as the religious nutcases in here. seriously, this thread is so sad.
Lol. Lack of belief in dinosaurs makes you sad? Who gives a shit? It's just dinosaurs. They matter zero to life today.
Ah, sweet, sweet irony.If you can't tell the difference between the existence of a person who is well documented in several independent sources, who we also have video evidence of, as well as the ability to wait outside his residence and thus spot him in person, and the belief in several incredible, miraculous claims of which the only source people who wrote them down with the sole purpose to evangelize (which is not too different from hundreds of other religions, ones that you believe are false, but that is neither here nor there) in a book that has countless internal contradictions, claims which have never been duplicated and we have no ability to verify on their own, well I can't think of any other word other than stupid to describe you.
Try reading the thread if you want to participate. The question isn't about the existence of Donald Trump... it's about the millions of dollars.I'm taking the same stance as others ... if I haven't seen it, the reported accounts written by someone could be false. Therefore.... his claims of being a millionaire are false.Thanks for playing though... tell him what he wins Johnny!
Bingo.... sort of.Not saying everything written in books is true... just taking the same stance that if I haven't personally seen it...it may not be true.