Long-term Staking Opportunity

So, as I said in a thread over on Pokerhaus before realizing that PH isn't the target audience, I've lost interest in playing too much poker because I've become heavily involved with multiple animal rescue organizations, animal welfare things, and others along those lines. I'll occasionally go wild and play 2 or 3 3.30 turbos in a night, and then off for a week.So here's what I'm looking for... I need someone that is poker broke (preferably not from playing too high), like maybe because they don't feel like jumping the hoops to deposit, etc. I'm offering a beginning bankroll of $100, which will be managed appropriately. The percentage you get to keep of the profit is dependent upon volume... effectively, I'm just hoping for a better return than I'd get in the bank. The more you play and make, the greater percentage of that you get to keep. I haven't come up with the numbers yet, but up to a certain amount of hands/sngs/mtts or whatever, its 50/50. After that level, 55/45, up to as high possibly as 70/30.I know this is pretty vague, and I've not thought through entirely the process... right now though I'd like to get some candidates in here that fit my description. If this is a plan that seems to fit what you're looking for, send me a PM with whatever information you think is pertinent... I have some things in mind, but I think if you do a good enough job thoroughly describing your experience, goals, and availability along with your personality, you'll hit everything I'm looking for. I'm gonna set the deadline for Saturday night to at least get me your name as interested, and then I'll probably allow a few more days to put together your thing.I ran this by one mod, and he said it was cool... if it isn't cool to another mod, please let me know.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, as I said in a thread over on Pokerhaus before realizing that PH isn't the target audience, I've lost interest in playing too much poker because I've become heavily involved with multiple animal rescue organizations, animal welfare things, and others along those lines. I'll occasionally go wild and play 2 or 3 3.30 turbos in a night, and then off for a week.So here's what I'm looking for... I need someone that is poker broke (preferably not from playing too high), like maybe because they don't feel like jumping the hoops to deposit, etc. I'm offering a beginning bankroll of $100, which will be managed appropriately. The percentage you get to keep of the profit is dependent upon volume... effectively, I'm just hoping for a better return than I'd get in the bank. The more you play and make, the greater percentage of that you get to keep. I haven't come up with the numbers yet, but up to a certain amount of hands/sngs/mtts or whatever, its 50/50. After that level, 55/45, up to as high possibly as 70/30.I know this is pretty vague, and I've not thought through entirely the process... right now though I'd like to get some candidates in here that fit my description. If this is a plan that seems to fit what you're looking for, send me a PM with whatever information you think is pertinent... I have some things in mind, but I think if you do a good enough job thoroughly describing your experience, goals, and availability along with your personality, you'll hit everything I'm looking for. I'm gonna set the deadline for Saturday night to at least get me your name as interested, and then I'll probably allow a few more days to put together your thing.I ran this by one mod, and he said it was cool... if it isn't cool to another mod, please let me know.
$100 "steak"ing roll? Bring on the hamburger helper.
GL finding what you are looking for.$1000 I may consider but $100 is a tad low for me.GL.
If I had 1k to stake with, I'd definitely trade it for your... collection. However, the $100 is about 2/3 of my roll.FYI... post 1500, in 3+ years. That's quality.

Drcossack (Scranton)<--- *Bandwagon jumper extraodinaire*

Drcossack (Scranton)<--- *Bandwagon jumper extraodinaire*
sorry to hijack this thread... scranton, pa? i live only 45 miles north of scranton and am down that way often. where and when do you play?
sorry to hijack this thread... scranton, pa? i live only 45 miles north of scranton and am down that way often. where and when do you play?
[ ] this guy reads the forum a lot
Turning Stone and Atlantic City.I'm not really interested though.

honestly vonteego your better off keeping the hundo and just have fun with it .100 isnt gna bring you any kinda return on investment that will be wrth it imo..but do as you wish ,i just dont really see a point in it .take it to roulette or a 1/2 nl game and shoot for the stars .

honestly vonteego your better off keeping the hundo and just have fun with it .100 isnt gna bring you any kinda return on investment that will be wrth it imo..but do as you wish ,i just dont really see a point in it .take it to roulette or a 1/2 nl game and shoot for the stars .
Why are you raining on his parade ? First, it's a very good thing to do for the stakee (he has a chance of turning it in to something good and not risking his own money.)Second, I would be willing to "risk" by doing something like this. If he chooses the right person, and the said person turns the $100 into something good... You never know.....I know someone very close to me that had $36 in early January and turned it into over $14.500 by this date :club:..... So like I said, you never know......GL vonteego and the person you choose......

Stakes are usually bad for the staker or stakee. It depends on the situation, but usually someone who's worthy of a stake doesn't need a stake. weird It's a nice gesture and I hope you find a proper horse.I can't imagine a winning player grinding on a $100 BR utilizing proper BR management and having to pass on 1/2 the profit. It's hard enough to beat the rake.

Stakes are usually bad for the staker or stakee. It depends on the situation, but usually someone who's worthy of a stake doesn't need a stake. weird It's a nice gesture and I hope you find a proper horse.I can't imagine a winning player grinding on a $100 BR utilizing proper BR management and having to pass on 1/2 the profit. It's hard enough to beat the rake.
I've gotta say...I keep seeing this around here and I don't agree with it AT ALL. I know many people who can't afford to put much money online to use as a bankroll, but are very good players.
I've gotta say...I keep seeing this around here and I don't agree with it AT ALL. I know many people who can't afford to put much money online to use as a bankroll, but are very good players.
QFT