Wpt Championship Day 2

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11:14 PM - "I raise to 4800 Devonshire calls Galfond makes it 23k I call he calls. Flop 10 9 2 two hearts its checked around turn 4 I check guy bets 44k galfond folds I go All in 37k more... He fold!"
But did you get the ring or not?

Daniel already gave a good description but here's the less excited one. With the board showing 10c9h2h4d on the turn and a pretty big pot, Daniel Negreanu moves all in from early position for 38,000. Bryan Devonshire thinks for a bit, and says, "I know what you have, but I've just got a pair." (He would later clarify that he had a pocket pair, so if he was behind he only had two outs.)Devonshire eventually folded, leaving himself about 345,000. Negreanu picks up a very nice pot, building up to 201,000.

I would think Js. I can't believe he would just flat call two raises with 8s.
I really don't like his flop check w/ JJ if that's what he had, then.Edit: And doesn't JJ call there getting over 4:1??
I really don't like his flop check w/ JJ if that's what he had, then.Edit: And doesn't JJ call there getting over 4:1??
He may have hoped to cr after both DN and Galfond had put in raises and he had an overpair.As for the edit, I know what you mean, but if he has a pp, what else can he have? AA, KK, QQ call also by that reasoning. 77's and lower are also weird plays. I've confused myself. :club:
He may have hoped to cr after both DN and Galfond had put in raises and he had an overpair.As for the edit, I know what you mean, but if he has a pp, what else can he have? AA, KK, QQ call also by that reasoning. 77's and lower are also weird plays. I've confused myself. :club:
A c/r w/ JJ in that spot is a TERRIBLE play, imo, if that's what he was going for (which i don't believe he was). I think he had a med pair or total air trying to pick up the pot.

The reason I said 8s or J is because you could have a bd straight. I agree that DN had a set or at worst 2 pair. After the turn Devonshire just had a pair so he had 2 outs. If he had Jacks then he actually had more outs(if DN had the 2 pair which is the worst I would put him on) so I think he may have had 8s.

A c/r w/ JJ in that spot is a TERRIBLE play, imo, if that's what he was going for (which i don't believe he was). I think he had a med pair or total air trying to pick up the pot.
Totally agree. I wouldn't make that play there. I'm just trying to figure out (assuming he's not lying, and it's more fun that way) what pp he has in that situation. As you said earlier 4:1 odds he makes the all-in call with JJ or better, but why bet out 2/3 pot then with 3rd pair? Does he put PG and DN each on an ace? PG could have like AK here. The 4 turn doesn't change much, I guess he wants to protect his hand then, but if he's protecting his hand, doesn't that mean he thinks he's ahead and at 4:1 should be calling most of the time? I dunno. Bit of a stream of consciousness post here.
Totally agree. I wouldn't make that play there. I'm just trying to figure out (assuming he's not lying, and it's more fun that way) what pp he has in that situation. As you said earlier 4:1 odds he makes the all-in call with JJ or better, but why bet out 2/3 pot then with 3rd pair? Does he put PG and DN each on an ace? PG could have like AK here. The 4 turn doesn't change much, I guess he wants to protect his hand then, but if he's protecting his hand, doesn't that mean he thinks he's ahead and at 4:1 should be calling most of the time? I dunno. Bit of a stream of consciousness post here.
I dunno. Going off the action, if I had to guess the 3 hands I'd guess DN w/ 99, Galfond w/ AK/AQ/total air, & other guy with 88.
A totally unreal final table would be:1. Daniel Negreanu2. Tom Dwan3. Dario Minieri4. Mike Matusow5. Scotty Nguyen6. Gus HansenGreat mix of popularity, skills and legendary-ness.
LOL, where does Gus fit in?
I dunno. Going off the action, if I had to guess the 3 hands I'd guess DN w/ 99, Galfond w/ AK/AQ/total air, & other guy with 88.
Lol, we spend all this time and DN comes on here is and is like, "I had 76hearts bitches!!!". Come to think of it, is that a possible hand for other guy (I could be way off and I'm really sleepy so this could sound like a really dumb statement in the morning)?EDIT: Third straight post to start with LOL FTW.

See this is what's so cool about poker. I ( a commoner) will never know a lot of the decisions that go on in any other sporting event (eg. football play calls). Here I discuss, debate, make incredible stupid guesses, and get an actual answer at the end. I can go to sleep happy.

Nice playing with you today Daniel. [x] had 88IMO Daniel 100% had 99 or TT. Bryan Devonshire
Sick read by the one poster. You had 88... I had 99...and Galfond had AK! Well played today you freaking nut case!!!
Sick read by the one poster. You had 88... I had 99...and Galfond had AK! Well played today you freaking nut case!!!
TY for teh marketing today btw.Do you remember me? We've connected at a number of random places over the years... e-mails 2000-03 about being young, pro, and a youth pastor at the same time... Borgata 04, more e-mails, 06 WSOP 6 max I was railing Dutch...
Well done today Daniel, very swingy but nice work.As this point in the tournament, would you estimate your chances of FTing as being much higher if you had, say, 250k instead of 150k?