I decided to go play live last night to start getting ready for the WSOP. Well things went pretty well as I won the tournement $4,000. The final table was pretty crazy, after getting down down to six handed I picked up three hands in a row A8 (I know not so great but I was able to steal the blinds), AK no callers, and then the hand that almost got me in trouble:With blinds of 2000/4000 w/1000 AnteI picked up AQ under the gun, I raised to 10K (for the third hand in a row)Guy in late position pushes in for 25K (a raise of 15K to me)With 46K in the pot I felt that another 15K was an easy call, even though I was clearly not happy about it.The guy turns over QQ, OH CRAPOf course I hit an A on the turn, and sent him packing. He went on to berate me for calling, but I really put him on JJ -> or lower. He just seemed weaker than QQ, and with 3 to 1 on my money I didn't think it was that bad besides even with QQ, I am only a 30% underdog meaning that I could call up to 18K, and still have pot odds to make the call. Another funny hand came up when the button was trying to steal, and I pick up my cards and see AA, I love that. There is nothing better than picking up AA in the BB.

There is nothing better than picking up AA in the BB.
Except when all 9 players fold and you win all of 0.5 bb.
Yes but he said the button was trying to steal. You just reraise him and either take it down there, or have someone in the pot heads up with a marginal hand.

Was this the rebuy monkeyfest at The Bike last night? The first prize was $4,000 in that one. I made the final table too - my first ever final table at a live tourney.That would be really weird if it's the same tournament. If so, I got busted by the guy in seat 2 at the final table who was wearing a Dodgers hat. He was the monster stack and I was pretty much committed in the BB with A4o. He shows A8d and I'm done.Nice job with the win.

Was this the rebuy monkeyfest at The Bike last night?  The first prize was $4,000 in that one.  I made the final table too - my first ever final table at a live tourney.That would be really weird if it's the same tournament.  If so, I got busted by the guy in seat 2 at the final table who was wearing a Dodgers hat.  He was the monster stack and I was pretty much committed in the BB with A4o.  He shows A8d and I'm done.Nice job with the win.
Lets see seat two dodger hat, hmm that sounds familiar, oh ya I was in seat two and wearing a dodger hat. That is hilarious man, I can't believe that I busted you (if you had only said the keyword FCP, na no breaks, but I might have felt a little bad). Wow what a small world. You had no choice, but to call there, and with A8 I certainly wasn't looking for a call, when you flipped your cards over I actually thought we would chop it. Speaking of chop, I am surprised that no one ever mentioned chopping it, until we were 4 handed. I am glad they didn't because after you left, I took out two more people, but I probably would have concidered it. Congratulations on making it to the final table, and see you next time.
Tell the guy to just shut up for berating you for making that call.  You call that even if he flips his queens up and shows them to you (though I know you already said that you knew that).
I just asked him: "How do I not call?", anyway I turn to the floorman who was standing there, and I say would you have called, he says "Gutsy call". I thought to myself did I not do the math correctly there. I thought the same thing you said, even if he had told me I have QQ, I still have to make the call. The guy who lost had really looked like he thought we were not even in the same league as he was, but then again sometimes people just say dumb things when they are knocked out, after a few minutes he admited the fact that obviously he wanted the call, and just got a bad flop.
There is nothing better than picking up AA in the BB.
Except when all 9 players fold and you win all of 0.5 bb.
Yes but he said the button was trying to steal. You just reraise him and either take it down there, or have someone in the pot heads up with a marginal hand.
The guy on the button pushed ALL IN, music to my ears.

Congrats on the win. Nice to see two FCPers at the final table as well. YOu metioned that you were gearing up for the WSOP. What event(s) are you playing in? Main event?

That's the funniest damn thing ever. You and I didn't play much together, but you were obviously playing well to accumulate that stack. I thought about folding when you raised, but I only had enough left to call the BB plus the ante the next hand. The dude next to me probably would've gone out before me, but I was playing to get my hands on some chips to give myself a chance for a top finish.We sorta talked about a 9 way chop before the table started, but we all figured with your stack you wouldn't even consider it at that point. Next time I'll wear a big sign that says "I'm FCP - don't bust me (or raise my BB)"My buddy was at your table earlier in the tourney and he told me you had said you just won your seat in the WSOP. Good luck. If you play at the Bike much, I'm sure I'll see you around. he said you almost busted early, but he came over the top of you on a 9 high flop making you fold, and someone chasing a flush caught it. he got knocked down to almost nothing and was out soon after.

Congrats on the win. Nice to see two FCPers at the final table as well. YOu metioned that you were gearing up for the WSOP. What event(s) are you playing in? Main event?
I know how awesome is that. From now on everytime I make it to a final table I am just going to casually say FCP to see if anyone responds. At the WSOP I am playing the main event. If I am fortunent enough to win another seat I plan on playing the following events as well:June 3-Event #2--$1,500 No-limit Hold'em June 10-Event #9--$2,000 No-limit Hold'em June 14-Event #13--$5,000 No-limit Hold'em June 22-Event #22--$1,500 No-limit Hold'em and possibly July 1-Event #33--$3,000 No-limit Hold'em if one or two of those events went well.At the end of this month I am going to try to win a seat into the Mirage WPT event, man Vegas is busy the next few months. I don't have a room yet for the WPT event, but I am sure Daniel will let me crash out at his pad lol.
That's the funniest damn thing ever. You and I didn't play much together, but you were obviously playing well to accumulate that stack. I thought about folding when you raised, but I only had enough left to call the BB plus the ante the next hand. The dude next to me probably would've gone out before me, but I was playing to get my hands on some chips to give myself a chance for a top finish.We sorta talked about a 9 way chop before the table started, but we all figured with your stack you wouldn't even consider it at that point. Next time I'll wear a big sign that says "I'm FCP - don't bust me (or raise my BB)"My buddy was at your table earlier in the tourney and he told me you had said you just won your seat in the WSOP. Good luck. If you play at the Bike much, I'm sure I'll see you around. he said you almost busted early, but he came over the top of you on a 9 high flop making you fold, and someone chasing a flush caught it. he got knocked down to almost nothing and was out soon after.
oh that was a wicked hand, I almost got worked it left me with 1200 in chips at I think 50 100 blinds. I had 78 in the BB flop comes down 5D 7D 9S so with a pair, and straight draw I bet out, the guy to my left raises, and your buddy saves me by pushing in (although I might have folded anyway). Turns out the guy to my left has a made straight, and a straight flush draw, I think the flush never actually came knocking your buddy down to nothing. Your buddy had K9 diamonds so if the flush had come he was in good shape. Really though your buddy had no choice top pair with a good kicker, and a K high flush draw. He needed to make sure that my fishing a*s*s was not in the hand.