did daniel stake ibrahim at foxwoods?

I was just watching my season wpt season 2 dvd of foxwoods, and i noticed some strange mannerisms out of mohammed ibrahim whenever he won a pot. It seemed like whenever he won a pot, he would glance over at Daniel in the audience as if for approval. Normally people look at their friends or family a little bit, but with mohammed it seemed a little different. He was looking over at the beginning of hands, in the middle of hands, and after they ended. My guess was either Hasan Habib or daniel staked him, they were sitting pretty close so it was hard to tell. My question is this for daniel. If you did stake someone, does it bother or would it bother you that they keep pointing at you giving you high fives or whatever? If it was me, with all the recent controversy id be like, stop blowing up the spot man. I mean, i wouldnt want it so obvious to the whole world IF i was staking someone cause it kinda looks bad. Bad for business.

I wouldn't make the assumption that Daniel staked Ibrahim just because he looked DN's way every time he won a big pot. During the broadcast, Sexton made mention of Negranu, Habib, plus I think Ted Forrest and E-Dog were also sitting in the same group, as guys that Ibrahim regularly plays with. You seem to see this at many WPT final tables, as well-known poker-playing friends of those who made the final table stick around to root them on. I assume DN and the others expected to be at that table themselves and made their travel plans accordingly.

im not assuming. im asking, daniel has staked people before its no big deal. The reason i asked is ibrahim did everything but wink at him during hands to which daniel, on the edge of his seat, openly pumped his fist while ted joe c edog and the rest just sort of sat there. Hes giving him the thumbs up during hands for crying out loud.

If it was me, with all the recent controversy id be like, stop blowing up the spot man.
Oh my god. There's no controversy over staking. IT'S NOT ILLEGAL OR IMMORAL!!!!!!!!!!!! There were very specific factors that made the Tuan/Habib situation shady, but it sounds like even that whole thing was cleared. People stake others all the time. There's nothing wrong with someone having a financial interest in someone else. How do you think the stock market works?Ugh. Read a little before you post this garbage, I'm begging you...

if Daniel staked Mo, so what. If he didn't so what. I don't get the fascination over it. Look the hasan habib/Tuan Le thing hasn't gone past the internet message boards, so needless to say there probably isn' as much to it as we first thought. On that subject though, Paul certainly has a right to bring up any weird coincidences that he may see as he ould know better than the lot of us. I just hope Paul bringing this to light can get the system straight so that there isn't a quiz show like controversy

begging ur pardon for being curious otnemem. thats what it says in my post you know....curious. not accusatory, notan indictment. If u would remove ur lips from daniels asscheeks for long enough to realise what i meant. i was curious as to whether he staked him....just like u r bi curious. im not flaming daniel at all, hes one of my favorite players. Heres some advice stop looking for brownie points with daniel by flaming what u see as anti daniel sentiment. Daniel probably could care less, so ur booty kisses will have been in vain.

Jeez, guys. He was just asking. KDawg: We understand that YOU don't care, but that's no reason to berate the OP for being curious about it. In my opinion, one of the most fascinating things about the poker world is the strange incestual relationships so many players have with each other, and really trying to see where every player's vested interests lie.He wasn't accussing anyone of doing anything immoral or illegal. He was merely asking if anyone else noticed or had any inside info. KDawg don't cometh nearly as hard as TheIceman Cometh. George Gervin

Probably the best thing about that episode, besides Phil Hellmuth's reaction when he realizes Hoyt caught running 7's, was Daniel's and Ted's reaction to when Mohammed dropped two pair heads up against Hoyt.

Guest XXEddie
Probably the best thing about that episode, besides Phil Hellmuth's reaction when he realizes Hoyt caught running 7's, was Daniel's and Ted's reaction to when Mohammed dropped two pair heads up against Hoyt.
I liked when he got knocked outphil-mad voice-"I can hardly wait for another crack at you Hoyt...GGGRRRR(added that part)"nicer voice-"nice hand Mo, good job"....funny

Daniel mentioned in another thread that he does not like discussing who he does and does not stake because it's nobody's business what people's financial status is, or something to that effect. So, I dont think you will get an answer from Daniel on this subject.

My initial reaction after momo folded 2 pair against hoyt was about the same as theirs, i couldnt believe it. Maybe he thought he could catch hoyt popping all in again preflop with some 8 3o trash again. It didnt work out so well for dags at the USPC though did it? hoyt popped all in pf with 8 7 and dags quickly called w 10 10. They were both deep in chips. Hoyt then hit 4 7s.