*calgary Flames* Fan Club

He's just bitter. I don't blame him. I think it's a travesty myself that places like Anaheim and carolina have recently won cups, and maybe one out of 100 men give even half a crap about it in the local market.
I believe last year the team with the most Canadians was Anaheim..I think its a silly argument to even say Americans are even close to Canadians in the hockey world.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe last year the team with the most Canadians was Anaheim..I think its a silly argument to even say Americans are even close to Canadians in the hockey world.
I'm not really trying to make that argument, serge. I'm talking about America and American teams dominating the NHL, not Americans.
Obviously. But its also silly to ignore the fact that American franchises have been the most successful in recent times. Regardless who makes up their teams, American-based teams have been dominant.
I'm not really trying to make that argument, serge. I'm talking about America and American teams dominating the NHL, not Americans.
Quick: how many American NHL franchises are there and how many Canadian franchises?
Quick: how many American NHL franchises are there and how many Canadian franchises?
Lets see if I can do this off the top of my head, without cheating....USASan JoseDucksLA KingsPhoenixStarsAvalanche MinnesotaChicagoSt LouisNashvilleAtlantaDetroitColumbusPittsburghPhillyCarolinaPanthersIslandersDevilsRangersBostonBuffaloDCCanada:VancouverCalgaryEdmontonOttawaTorontoMontrealWinnepeg... er.. oopsQuebec... er.. um.. oops I think that's all. I could be missing one or two, but pretty good for a nebraskan. your point is well taken, monkey. But I think that not winning a cup since 93 still goes beyond a standard deviation of variance.

You forgot Tampa!

Lets see if I can do this off the top of my head, without cheating....USASan JoseDucksLA KingsPhoenixStarsAvalanche MinnesotaChicagoSt LouisNashvilleAtlantaDetroitColumbusPittsburghPhillyCarolinaPanthersIslandersDevilsRangersBostonBuffaloDCCanada:VancouverCalgaryEdmontonOttawaTorontoMontrealWinnepeg... er.. oopsQuebec... er.. um.. oops I think that's all. I could be missing one or two, but pretty good for a nebraskan. your point is well taken, monkey. But I think that not winning a cup since 93 still goes beyond a standard deviation of variance.
You only missed the Tampa Bay Lightning. Not bad for a Cornhusker.
You only missed the Tampa Bay Lightning. Not bad for a Cornhusker.
I used to play a lot of NHL video games, is probably why I know that. And i'm a trivial knowledge sponge. Why I know the Nashville predators, or the Columbus blue jackets, I can only explain by osmosis.
there are some bullshit calls not being called on Calgary flames tonight. Like the two slashing NON calls on Thorton
plus the high sticking called that was just called on 'San Jose' when the Flame player got hit with a high stick by his own man
Keenan blew any chance at a comeback with the goalie change, IMO. I dislike him as a person, so I am glad to see him fail on such a grand stage.
I dont think you can blame Keenan...Kipper just didnt look sharp most of the series..Especially in Game 7 and I believe game 2(?) the one where they came back with Joseph in net...Not sure how you can say they would come back if he didnt pull Kipper...
I dont think you can blame Keenan...Kipper just didnt look sharp most of the series..Especially in Game 7 and I believe game 2(?) the one where they came back with Joseph in net...Not sure how you can say they would come back if he didnt pull Kipper...
Agree. The last time he pulled Kipper it worked. And CJ played fine again. I wouldn't have a go at Keenan.

I think we would have been a lot closer if Tanguay would shoot once in a while. Frustrating to watch. Cheecho has a laser wrist shot.

CUJO did not look fine. The fifth was entirely because he was cold. In game 2, he is thinking it is possible to be put in. In game 7, there is no way he was expecting to be put in. Kipper let in a bad goal, but he would have saved that shot (and the game would have been a more managable 4-2). Kipper had faced 30 shots when he was pulled, it isn't like he let in 4 goals on 15 shots or something.

How about the Sharks scratching JR for game 6 and then BOOM BOOM he is the difference in Game 7...Great job on that move.