Happy Mother's Day. Please bet Utah -1.5. It's going to lose, but there is so much value there it's ridiculous. The line opened 3.5 points higher, and people just keep drilling LA at every new number. To be safe, I'd wait until like 2 to place a bet, but I'm going to be on for a bad amount.As for Bases, Tampa Bay (EVEN) and Cincy (+119) is all I'm playing today.Wang

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm onLos Angeles Angels/Tampa Bay under 8 -115Baltimore /Kansas City under 8½ -110Oakland /Texas under 5 -105 for 1st 5 InningsFlorida /Washington under 5 -110 for 1st 5 Innings

Haha, that Utah/LA line was ridiculous.... it closed as a pick'em, EVEN. I ended up betting too much on it, because it kept moving and I kept finding more attractive wagers (UTAH -2.5, +135??) that I had to take. Good result though

Alrighty. Let's see here. San Diego +175 at CubsFading the Cubs and Zambrano. Again. If I'm betting this game, the price should be +750. Nationals +151 at MetsFading Figueroa. I'm going to be betting Toronto at some point today, too, but I'm not sure which game (both ends of the double header?). I'm also going to be on Boston if I can figure out what the hell is going on with the money.

Alrighty. Let's see here. San Diego +175 at CubsFading the Cubs and Zambrano. Again. If I'm betting this game, the price should be +750. Nationals +151 at MetsFading Figueroa. I'm going to be betting Toronto at some point today, too, but I'm not sure which game (both ends of the double header?). I'm also going to be on Boston if I can figure out what the hell is going on with the money.
Thank God I couldn't figure out what the contrarian angle in the Celtics/Cavs game was. I leaned Boston really hard, made a bet, and eventually bought it back for a .02 unit loss because I had second thoughts, so I spent the entire game rooting against my lean, hoping to maintain sanity. Yay. Hopefully there'll be an angle on this series in a few days so I can get back on Boston. Good day on the bases. Won a unit on Toronto and Washington. Lost less than that on the other Toronto game and the Padres. 2-2, +Whatever, and 0-1 on my leans.I actually might be on San Antonio tomorrow night, but I'm hoping the line moves to 3.5 or 4. Unfortunately, I think it's going to close at +3, maybe +2.5. I have no idea which team is better, but I think the books like SA, so I'm with 'em.Anybody else betting the playoffs?
Anybody else betting the playoffs?
yeah, 37-35 minus about 2 units (only because of a few lost 2 unit wagers)7-1 in the last 8, just lost Boston ML tonight.
yeah, 37-35 minus about 2 units (only because of a few lost 2 unit wagers)7-1 in the last 8, just lost Boston ML tonight.
Sounds to me like you started off about as slow as I did. I wanted to bet Boston, but I couldn't figure out what the angle was. The money looked goofy to me, and I couldn't figure out why, so I had to pass. For some reason I think I'm going to end up betting San Antonio tomorrow. I haven't been able to watch any ESPN or anything lately, so I don't know how the media's treating that series, and therefore have no idea which team the public's backing or anything. Blah.EDIT- Holy crap, you've made 72 NBA playoffs bets?? Are you betting sides, moneylines, and totals for every game?!
Sounds to me like you started off about as slow as I did. I wanted to bet Boston, but I couldn't figure out what the angle was. The money looked goofy to me, and I couldn't figure out why, so I had to pass. For some reason I think I'm going to end up betting San Antonio tomorrow. I haven't been able to watch any ESPN or anything lately, so I don't know how the media's treating that series, and therefore have no idea which team the public's backing or anything. Blah.EDIT- Holy crap, you've made 72 NBA playoffs bets?? Are you betting sides, moneylines, and totals for every game?!
Nope.. Recently I've just been doing 1 play per game and maybe another 1H total.. The 72 bets are from some second half plays and but the majority are totals. I started off with more bets but it's steadily been decreasing.

There've been, what, about 60 games so far? I just can't imagine finding an edge 1.2 times per game. Are you hedging and trying to hit halftime middles or something? I feel like there just can't be enough lines that are loose enough to overcome the juice. What kind of pricing do you get? Are you usually betting at -110, or are you getting reduced vig?

Looks like the Spurs are going to be the play, gentlemen. I don't have any bets down just yet, since the New Orleans is getting booooombed at -4, and I'm hoping to get another half point (which I'll probably just sell back if I can get a little juice). I'm locked in for 2, at least, and maybe another half-to-full if I like what I see. Good luck tonight, clowns.

So my action's spread all over the place, but I don't have time before work to let the market fund the new lines.The plays:SA + 4.5, -101 (1 UNIT)SA + 3.5, +112 (1 UNIT)SA to win, +172 (1 UNIT)I'd much rather have SA +4.5 for 2 units, and the moneyline for one (or 2.5 and .5 or something), but (shrug) c'est la vie.Wang