man has anyone been watching the show called DEA bout those police in detroit..that show is so whack it's nutty man...

I like the police. They help people. Well, white people.
How does the law man treat the asian by the way. I know he likes to profile and harass latinos and blacks, but where does the yellow peril come in? I would think that asian sterotypes would be particularly confusing to the pea mind of the pig. One one hand, you have the math nerd, super smart hard worker type sterotype, which would make them non-threatening to the pig. However, there might be residual resentment of successful minorities by the pig. The vietnam war-era cop who would have general gook hate couldn't possibly be still out in cars, outside the smallest of small towns. Also, there are the asian gangsters that are disliked from town to town, dealing in car theft and low level narcotic that cops would have predice against. Yet the vietnamese criminals I knew in Olympia said they were hassled very little by the police, who probably didn't see them as a threat the large, loud, obnoxious negros were, even though the Viet gangs moved serious amounts of drugs in town. So I don't know, I would image it would be quite hard to navigate all the stereotypes for the cops, and in general they would leave asians alone. If I were an asian, and got pulled over, I would put on the thickest possible accent I could muster, act confused over what the cop would say to me, and say "thank you" over and over, being ridiculously if near incoherently polite, and hope the cop leaves me alone.

Most of my life I dressed in Dockers and Polo shirts, and I generally wear glasses, and I've pretty much been as cop-proof one can be, without a Senator in the family. I think TV has created too many contrasting stereotypes to judge our innocence on race, and instead it has to be based on apparent economic standing. Which is what real freedom is about, in my opinion.

Most of my life I dressed in Dockers and Polo shirts, and I generally wear glasses, and I've pretty much been as cop-proof one can be, without a Senator in the family. I think TV has created too many contrasting stereotypes to judge our innocence on race, and instead it has to be based on apparent economic standing. Which is what real freedom is about, in my opinion.
Here here.
How does the law man treat the asian by the way. I know he likes to profile and harass latinos and blacks, but where does the yellow peril come in? I would think that asian sterotypes would be particularly confusing to the pea mind of the pig. One one hand, you have the math nerd, super smart hard worker type sterotype, which would make them non-threatening to the pig. However, there might be residual resentment of successful minorities by the pig. The vietnam war-era cop who would have general gook hate couldn't possibly be still out in cars, outside the smallest of small towns. Also, there are the asian gangsters that are disliked from town to town, dealing in car theft and low level narcotic that cops would have predice against. Yet the vietnamese criminals I knew in Olympia said they were hassled very little by the police, who probably didn't see them as a threat the large, loud, obnoxious negros were, even though the Viet gangs moved serious amounts of drugs in town. So I don't know, I would image it would be quite hard to navigate all the stereotypes for the cops, and in general they would leave asians alone. If I were an asian, and got pulled over, I would put on the thickest possible accent I could muster, act confused over what the cop would say to me, and say "thank you" over and over, being ridiculously if near incoherently polite, and hope the cop leaves me alone.
Not a lot of Vietnam War Era cops left on the streets these days. 25 in 1975 is nearly 60 today.
Not a lot of Vietnam War Era cops left on the streets these days. 25 in 1975 is nearly 60 today.
maybe thats why he said "The vietnam war-era cop who would have general gook hate couldn't possibly be still out in cars, outside the smallest of small towns."
maybe thats why he said "The vietnam war-era cop who would have general gook hate couldn't possibly be still out in cars, outside the smallest of small towns."
Nah, that can't be it.
Reading comprehension gold star goes to Shake.
Nah, that can't be it.
Reading comprehension gold star goes to Shake.
For those keeping score...POR 0Everyone Else 1

Something about showing DEA agents and their work/personal vehicles in one of the worst violent crime cities in the US doesn't make much sense to me. I have never been accused of being a bright one though.

Something about showing DEA agents and their work/personal vehicles in one of the worst violent crime cities in the US doesn't make much sense to me. I have never been accused of being a bright one though.
I haven't watched this show, but isn't it against the law, or at least against their guidelines to show the faces of dea agents?
I haven't watched this show, but isn't it against the law, or at least against their guidelines to show the faces of dea agents?
They actually do show just the back of the heads of some "undercover" guys. However, all of the guys they show do sit in their cars during stakeouts. That's no bueno for the surprise factor.