Steps Wsop Ticket!

(My first post)It can be done. I entered step 1 and played extremely tight. 3 days later i made it to step 6 without rebying after i was short stacked with 3 left in a step 5 and the idiots went at each other with equal chip stacks. The AQ took out 99, who was shorter, and i advanced with 2.5 blinds left!!!I waited over a week to enter the step 6 so that i could scout the pros out. There are about 10 "regulars", all who have won seats, that seem to play all the time. I ended up choosing a game on 4/9/08 in the A.M. after 6 had registered, none of the regulars. Of course the last two immediately registered and were pros.I wanted to turn my 7.50 into 6th place money, $500. I barely made it. (One time I had AK and raised pre flop, was reraised by the chip leader and folded half my chips with 7 left. I really wanted the $500!) After that I just tried to make the next pay hikes, I found myself 3/3 with very few chips. I became aggressive and stole/doubled up several times to pull almost even with 2nd when this hand came up:I was in the small blind with A 9, the button was hyper aggressive chip leader at the time and moved in for over 10 BBS, I knew I was WAY ahead of his range. Unfortunately (fortunately as it turns out) the BB, who of course has me covered, wakes up with AK, and calls after ~5sec. See VERY Lucky results. (dont know how to convert). 3 hands later I win. I guess I can never complain about a bad beat again, as this one was worth $11,000. (3rd paid $1,500)Hope others find success, thanks for reading. If interested I could post a few other interesting hands. Would like to hear some analysis...

congrats on the vicorty. do u plan on playing the main event or using the 11 dimes for something else?
Dont know yet...might just blow it on 2 $5000 heads up matches against DarioMinieri
Dario Minieri, more like, Dario Min...faggott.or something funny.
wtf is with all the homophobia on the site today? way more offensive than usual.

Here was my other major suckout. 4 left, trying to steal blinds, bb re-raises all in, I barely have him covered, put him on 2 over cards because he paused the same way when he went in with AQ earlier, felt the pot odds were correct, so I called and prayed. This guy was a pro, other pro was still alive, figured there was little chance of outplaying them long term without taking a risk...

Nice hand sir!!!! If you have a family, keep the $12.5k. If you are single, young, and going to school...MAIN EVENT BABY!!!! Plus you get to stay at the Palms Hotel. Plus you can sell pieces of you...maybe. Good job.

If you were just looking for the $500 originally I would assume the money means something to you...Wait on the ME and use the money for something else.......unless you really want to take a chance..................

I keep hearing this rumor that it can be done but I can't get past Step 1 thanks to people rivering 4-card straights or flopping sets when I have them dominated PF. I don't think it's meant to be for me this year.