Poker Tourny's A Lot Like Nascar

Fresh off my win of the Neg-O last night, I've been thinking of my play last night and it kind of hit me that poker tournaments are a lot like Nascar races. Your main strategy should be to move up through the field at a nice steady pace with the goal to be around at the end and putting yourself in position to win.Things you need to keep in mind.

• First and obvious, the table and track are similar shapes.
  • Good pit stop strategy with solid judgement on pre-flop play.
  • Carefully passing and working through the field with strong post-flop play.
  • Even if you go a lap down to the felt, you can still comeback.
  • Avoiding the big one like overplaying your hand.
  • And just hope you don't blow an engine and go on tilt.

Anyways, just some random thoughts from a Donkey.Edit: As an added bonus (in honor of The Masters weekend). $4.40 stakes to the first 5 people with more than 300 posts that can tell me how many green jackets Tiger Woods currently has?

he has 4 and going for 5 this weekend!
Shipped. 1 down, 4 to go.

I don't want the stake, but technically, isn't it just 1 jacket since unless they change a lot physically? I thought I remember Tiger being quoted as "make it a little big in case I win it again" or something to that effect.

He has 4. Thanks DNA.I'll take a stake if I can play it around 6:30 or 7, I'm at work. If not thats cool... youdaman for giving out stakes.sn king_tanner (Soquel)

He has 4. Thanks DNA.I'll take a stake if I can play it around 6:30 or 7, I'm at work. If not thats cool... youdaman for giving out stakes.sn king_tanner (Soquel)
Shipped. Play whenever you can.2 down, 3 to go.

total sidenote .... my wife and I am doing some hot laps in a Nascar stockcar at the Nashville Super Speedway on May 4. It's gonna be sweeeet!

4, unless you count the one he will get this Sunday :)I'll take a stake, scenester09 (Oviedo)
Shipped. 3 down, 2 to go.
total sidenote .... my wife and I am doing some hot laps in a Nascar stockcar at the Nashville Super Speedway on May 4. It's gonna be sweeeet!
Threadjacker.

He has 4 and will be shipping his other in <4 days imo.Hub Dub 04 (Kenosha)

He has 4 and will be shipping his other in <4 days imo.Hub Dub 04 (Kenosha)
Shipped. 4 down, 1 to go.
i dont think he is going to win this weekend, but i have no funds to bet so my opinion doesnt really matter
Here I was...just about to ship the last stake to you, when you made this post. So sad.