Made 140k last year. Paid 35k in taxes, even after contributing 20k to a pension. Trust me, taxes suck. Listen to Balloon Guy.What's that line? If you are young and not a liberal, you have no heart.If you are old, and not a conservative, you are just plain stupid..........

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And there is really really good proof of this....but no one can find it. Probably right next to the psych report that proves Bush is just trying to impress his daddy.
Hmm...when did Cheney get rid of his Halliburton stock options? I must have missed that news release. When the vast majority of your income comes from those stock options (to the tune of roughly $8M/yr) I think it is safe to say he has benefited immensely from the Iraq war. He also just happened to get rich BEFORE the Iraq war. It just happened to be with the company that benefited most by the Iraq war. Net worth from $3M to $70M in a very short time = multiple favors from both himself and his cronies when/if they get into office. I believe we pay too much tax as it is. If we cut out all of the unnecessary spending we could reduce taxes by a very significant amount. Kudos to McCain for not having a penny in pork barrel spending. He is truly a governmental hero in this respect. The fact that he instead wants to take that money to continue a war against what used to be a sovereign nation is where he loses me.For every $1 you pay in taxes:$ 0.422 Military$ 0.221 Healthcare$ 0.102 Interest on Non-Military Debt$ 0.087 Anti-Poverty Programs$ 0.044 Education, Training and Social Services$ 0.039 Government and Law Enforcement$ 0.033 Housing and Community Development$ 0.026 Environment, Energy and Science$ 0.015 Agriculture, Commerce and Transportation$ 0.010 International Affairs42.2% for military...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Hmm...when did Cheney get rid of his Halliburton stock options? I must have missed that news release. When the vast majority of your income comes from those stock options (to the tune of roughly $8M/yr) I think it is safe to say he has benefited immensely from the Iraq war. He also just happened to get rich BEFORE the Iraq war. It just happened to be with the company that benefited most by the Iraq war. Net worth from $3M to $70M in a very short time = multiple favors from both himself and his cronies when/if they get into office. I believe we pay too much tax as it is. If we cut out all of the unnecessary spending we could reduce taxes by a very significant amount. Kudos to McCain for not having a penny in pork barrel spending. He is truly a governmental hero in this respect. The fact that he instead wants to take that money to continue a war against what used to be a sovereign nation is where he loses me.For every $1 you pay in taxes:$ 0.422 Military$ 0.221 Healthcare$ 0.102 Interest on Non-Military Debt$ 0.087 Anti-Poverty Programs$ 0.044 Education, Training and Social Services$ 0.039 Government and Law Enforcement$ 0.033 Housing and Community Development$ 0.026 Environment, Energy and Science$ 0.015 Agriculture, Commerce and Transportation$ 0.010 International Affairs42.2% for military...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Ah yes but if you just get rid of all those other unnecessary items you'd have over 50% more to spend on the military. But regardless you're dreaming about pipes if you think that any cuts will result in less taxes.
Ah yes but if you just get rid of all those other unnecessary items you'd have over 50% more to spend on the military. But regardless you're dreaming about pipes if you think that any cuts will result in less taxes.
I don't understand. Are you saying that all of those programs besides military spending is unnecessary? I honestly wouldn't care if taxes didn't drop one cent if they cut military spending by 25%. However, it would be nice to see that money go to worthwhile programs instead of being used for pork barrel spending. The second a politician sees a free dollar, or even a mirage of a dollar, they all jump on the ground to try to claim it.
Hmm...when did Cheney get rid of his Halliburton stock options? I must have missed that news release. When the vast majority of your income comes from those stock options (to the tune of roughly $8M/yr) I think it is safe to say he has benefited immensely from the Iraq war. He also just happened to get rich BEFORE the Iraq war. It just happened to be with the company that benefited most by the Iraq war. Net worth from $3M to $70M in a very short time = multiple favors from both himself and his cronies when/if they get into office.
Cheney sold over $30Million in stocks when he left Halliburton. his investments are largely municiple bonds, but they are all in blind trusts. But even with that, you want to say that it's bad that Cheney made $70 Million? Why? He would have made more had he stayed out and stayed on the board of halliburton. and besides, it's way less than bill Clinton made in the same time frame, except Cli nton went from no money at all, not even owning their own house, to $100 millionaires. They all get rich. you know that and I do. Let's not hold Cheney to a higher ethical standard. Why do you think Obama and Hillary have already raised over $100 Million each this year alone for a job that pays $400,000 a year? Cause they'll make it on the back side.Soon as George Soros quits accepting profits, then I will expect Republicans too also. Until then they are all crooks.
I believe we pay too much tax as it is. If we cut out all of the unnecessary spending we could reduce taxes by a very significant amount. Kudos to McCain for not having a penny in pork barrel spending. He is truly a governmental hero in this respect. The fact that he instead wants to take that money to continue a war against what used to be a sovereign nation is where he loses me.
We aren't at war, we are at nation building. You know as well as everyone that for whatever the reasons, we are in there now. The only thing we can do that doesn't result in a wholesale slaughter is to stay until there is a viable government in Iraq. McCain is being realistic, the Dems are lying to us. they know there is no way to predict when we can be out. And I will bet you any amount that if one of them gets elected, they will say: "The siutation is much worse than I thought, looks like we'll have to be there a few more years."
For every $1 you pay in taxes:$ 0.422 Military Constitutionally required$ 0.221 Healthcare Not Constitutionally required$ 0.102 Interest on Non-Military Debt Not$ 0.087 Anti-Poverty Programs Not$ 0.044 Education, Training and Social Services Not$ 0.039 Government and Law Enforcement Required$ 0.033 Housing and Community Development Not$ 0.026 Environment, Energy and Science Not$ 0.015 Agriculture, Commerce and Transportation Required?$ 0.010 International Affairs Required42.2% for military...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
And don't forget, the military spending we spend goes to make our workers on the tank assembly line be able to provide for their families.Why do you want them to starve?
Cheney sold over $30Million in stocks when he left Halliburton. his investments are largely municiple bonds, but they are all in blind trusts. But even with that, you want to say that it's bad that Cheney made $70 Million? Why? He would have made more had he stayed out and stayed on the board of halliburton. and besides, it's way less than bill Clinton made in the same time frame, except Cli nton went from no money at all, not even owning their own house, to $100 millionaires. They all get rich. you know that and I do. Let's not hold Cheney to a higher ethical standard. Why do you think Obama and Hillary have already raised over $100 Million each this year alone for a job that pays $400,000 a year? Cause they'll make it on the back side. Soon as George Soros quits accepting profits, then I will expect Republicans too also. Until then they are all crooks.
I agree with all of this, but your statement was about Cheney, not any of those others. I don't think we would be in Iraq right now if 9/11 didn't happen so the argument that Cheney would have made more if he stayed at Hally doesn't ring with me. The fact is we invaded a sovereign nation and Cheney and his cronies have profited extensively from it.
The only thing we can do that doesn't result in a wholesale slaughter is to stay until there is a viable government in Iraq.
I disagree with this, but obviously neither one of us can prove it. What I can prove is the same people who are preaching this are the same people who have continually lied to us and tried to cover them up. What is going on there now? Peace and prosperity?
McCain is being realistic, the Dems are lying to us. they know there is no way to predict when we can be out. And I will bet you any amount that if one of them gets elected, they will say: "The siutation is much worse than I thought, looks like we'll have to be there a few more years."
I think if we want the troops to be there for 100 years then they will be there for 100 years. If we want them to be out by 2012 they will be out by 2012. Until we start making the Iraqi government accountable for their own country they will never get their shit together. However, I think this administration doesn't want them to get it together.
And don't forget, the military spending we spend goes to make our workers on the tank assembly line be able to provide for their families.Why do you want them to starve?
What was that person doing before taking the job to make tanks because we needed them for a fight against a sovereign nation? I suggest going back to doing that. If he had that job before the war, he will have that job after the war....building the tanks I mean. Paying $100 for a load of laundry and $50 for a 6-pack of coke catches my attention a lot more than a factory worker's salary does. Show me where the constitution states we need to spend 42% of our tax dollars on the military.
I agree with all of this,
I stopped reading there.but seriously, I'm sure other than our opinion's on the current administration, we would both agree more than we disagree.Government is a wasteful, unethical institution filled with crooks on both sides. They can't do anything with bribery and kick backs and everything they do is involved directly with their own re-election.They can all be lined up and shot and the country would be better off.I just want the democrats in the front of the line, you want the republicans.

Basically all three are no good. All three are from the pit of Washington that is responsible for where the country is. The Democrat vs Republican show is for your amusement and the majority fall for it year after year.It's like choosing to die by fire, drowning or overdose. Each one is more comfortable than the other , but in the end...you're dead.

I just want the democrats in the front of the line, you want the republicans.
I just want the people who refuse to use common sense up front. My political career is in it's infancy stages and I hate to pigeon hole myself into a category. However, if my views fall into one or the other then so be it.I think the tax increases that the dems are considering, as well as some of their other agendas, are just plain silly if that helps at all.If my political career ever does get off the ground I think I will have to start the Merry Prankster party. Who wants to get on the bus early?
I don't understand. Are you saying that all of those programs besides military spending is unnecessary? I honestly wouldn't care if taxes didn't drop one cent if they cut military spending by 25%. However, it would be nice to see that money go to worthwhile programs instead of being used for pork barrel spending. The second a politician sees a free dollar, or even a mirage of a dollar, they all jump on the ground to try to claim it.
Lol if you'd read any of my other posts you'd realize I was being sarcastic. However the written word doesn't convey sarcasm very well. I'd love to see what we're spending on the military go for say, more border security, disaster relief, education (without strings attached for a change), programs to help those on welfare get off and yes health care reform though so far no plan that's been offered has been perfect as has been pointed out many times on this forum.
D!! I am lame..that obviously went way over my head.
That's okay :club: I did worry for half a second there that someone would think I was actually in favor of GW's war. I have a son and a son-in-law in the military and my son-in-law is due to be deployed to Iraq green zone late this summer. I'd like to see us out of there before then if only for purely selfish reasons that I'd like to see him home safe and alive. He and my daughter have 2 kids ages 1 and 2 so you can understand my reasoning. Besides this will be his 3rd deployment (the other 2 have been for 15 months at a time unlike some of the guys that have bitched about being deployed 6 times for a total of about 6 months). And my son will be going out to sea here on the 18th of April (hope he stays in the Pacific ocean instead of heading over toward the Suez).
That's okay :club: I did worry for half a second there that someone would think I was actually in favor of GW's war. I have a son and a son-in-law in the military and my son-in-law is due to be deployed to Iraq green zone late this summer. I'd like to see us out of there before then if only for purely selfish reasons that I'd like to see him home safe and alive. He and my daughter have 2 kids ages 1 and 2 so you can understand my reasoning. Besides this will be his 3rd deployment (the other 2 have been for 15 months at a time unlike some of the guys that have bitched about being deployed 6 times for a total of about 6 months). And my son will be going out to sea here on the 18th of April (hope he stays in the Pacific ocean instead of heading over toward the Suez).
well violence is down 50 percent since august
Wow, well I wish them the best of luck. I honestly get sad every time I hear about more troops going over. I only know one person that went over, but he was a cartographer (is that right?) on the USS Milius in the Gulf so he was no in danger. He was so proud to have been on the ship that fired the first missile and planned a long career in the military. It didn't take him long to change his tune as they found out more and more of what was really going on there. Stolen from Fark---desperate recruiting for new game Iraqbox Live
its not? plus the Iraqi's are realizing we are there for good not evil like everyone seems to think
Might be true if McCain gets elected. Otherwise I think the Iraqis better be prepared to take over the governing and law enforcement in their own country.
Might be true if McCain gets elected. Otherwise I think the Iraqis better be prepared to take over the governing and law enforcement in their own country.
slowly but surely that is what is happening. that is the reason we are their now, but we will have to agree to disagree
Otherwise I think the Iraqis better be prepared to take over the governing and law enforcement in their own country.
They should be preparing for this ASAP regardless who is in the White House…that is the whole point!!!

first off, i would like to say that i am a libertarian. basically, i would like the irs to disappear off the face of the earth. that said, a lot of the facts in this post appear to be made up out of thin air. first off, it is extremely rare for people to actually lose property due to being unable to pay the inheritance tax. A Harvard study showed that it has happened to a little over 200 people since the tax was created. Second, Obama and Clinton have both proposed plans that would actually lower income taxes on the poor while raising them for only the upper class. These figures look to be pulled off a conservative website because the numbers are cooked more than a Martha Stewart meal.

first off, i would like to say that i am a libertarian. basically, i would like the irs to disappear off the face of the earth. that said, a lot of the facts in this post appear to be made up out of thin air. first off, it is extremely rare for people to actually lose property due to being unable to pay the inheritance tax. A Harvard study showed that it has happened to a little over 200 people since the tax was created. Second, Obama and Clinton have both proposed plans that would actually lower income taxes on the poor while raising them for only the upper class. These figures look to be pulled off a conservative website because the numbers are cooked more than a Martha Stewart meal.
Absolutely true. People are much more likely to lose their home to foreclosure than taxes either property or inheritance. If you want to make a decision as to what to pay, your property taxes or your mortgage, your mortgage should take precidence. A mortgage company can foreclose on a property in as little as 3 months non-payment where property taxes can go unpaid for 3 years before anything is even started on a sheriff's sale. Plus if you're in montary difficulties and can't pay your whole mortgage, you'd better start talking and dealing with your mortgage company instead of just letting it go. Most mortgage companies will work with you as long as they believe you're making a good faith effort to pay. Even making a partial payment is an indication to the mortgage company that you're trying. I know this is a bit off-topic but I see so many people here in Montana get themselves into debt trouble and try ignoring the creditors rather than trying to work out something with them. Most creditors don't want your stuff, they want their money. And most will be willing to work with you to keep you from bankruptcy because then they don't get anything most of the time or very little on their dollar.
i just want to say that i am a bitter working glass american who loves guns and religion (obama reference) and secondly raising the income tax on the wealthy is just stupid. the top 10 percent paid 40 percent on the 1 trillion dollar deficit and the top 1 percent paid 10 percent of it. how is it reasonable to raise the taxes for the wealthy. the lower income families need to start pitching in more. more than 50 percent of americans didnt fill out a tax report but still got a rebate. how does this make sense?
i just want to say that i am a bitter working glass american who loves guns and religion (obama reference) and secondly raising the income tax on the wealthy is just stupid. the top 10 percent paid 40 percent on the 1 trillion dollar deficit and the top 1 percent paid 10 percent of it. how is it reasonable to raise the taxes for the wealthy. the lower income families need to start pitching in more. more than 50 percent of americans didnt fill out a tax report but still got a rebate. how does this make sense?
I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but now it is pretty clear you are a troll....kthxbye.