I feel level is a bit over used, but that's mostly because there's so much of it going on, lately. It's a perfectly useful term, and if anything we need more variety of one-word expressions for humorous, Kaufman-esque subterfuge.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

see, i'm not the only old grumpy one....and I'm relatively convinced that if we put up a poll..more would hate the term than like it here on FCP.
I'm relatively young (22), and I think the term "level" is fucking retarded. I got your back, Blueski.
[url=linkpartgoeshere]your text part goes here[/url]

this message will self-edit in 30 minutes

You're a goddamn liar, this message did NOT self-destruct!
What word or expression do you recommend as an alternative?
I've got nothing, to be fair. Instead of "I'm leveling you", I'd be fine with "I'm fucking with you", but that will never stick.
I've got nothing, to be fair. Instead of "I'm leveling you", I'd be fine with "I'm fucking with you", but that will never stick.
I think a pretty solid defense has been established right there. I find its lightning-quick rise to prominence a bit annoying, and it's seeing a volume of mis- and overuse that's going to render it annoying, but it's an idiom with streamlining benefits. Like baby-daddy.
Nothing personal, but I hate the term, too. Something about it makes me sick to my stomach, like the Quiznos baby. Everyone knows how I feel about the Quiznos baby.Wang
I don't take it personally. I just think static usage elitists are absurd. Complaining about the way kids use words is like complaining about the sky blue. I pretty much feel the same way about proscriptive grammar and usage that you do about the Quizno's baby.. I don't really feel like having this argument for like the 100th time, so I'll just agree to disagree.
Thanks Sal, I knew I wasn't crazy. Is it camping season yet?
good lord man, its 95 degrees outside. so, no.and there is nothing wrong with the word level. so all of you should shut your god damn faggot mouths about it. NOW.

I think those responses about how 'level' is a stupid term were all a big level.If we're gonna talk about a word that is overused AND non-descriptive, we should talk about the word 'sick.' 'Dude, that was so sick' should be translated in the urban dictionary as 'Dude, something occurred.'

and there is nothing wrong with the word level. so all of you should shut your god damn faggot mouths about it. NOW.
I disagree very strongly. In fact, I am so angry right now, my emotional status could be described as "taking on the properties of vitriolic rage". Thus, the following shall happen. I am going to travel in my automobile to your real life location, and tell you TO YOUR FACE how angry I am. I might even suggest we settle our battle using a form of hand-to-hand combat we can both agree upon. When we're done, we'll report back to the forum about the events that took place, and if things go as anticipated, these events will be almost unbelievable, but not quite.LOL. I totally JUST leveled everybody in this forum at the exact same time, for you see, I have no such intentions to do what I suggested in the above paragraph. I'm not even angry about Sal's fondness for the word level. A word which only slightly annoys me, but I can appreciate why others like it.LOLLOL. DOUBLE LEVEL WHO EVEN SAW THAT COMING??!! Nobody! For you see, although most of the above paragraph (ie. paragraph #2) is in fact true, I actually understated how much I dislike the word "level". I think it's dumb. Yet, I still see its benefits, I wasn't lying there!Why doesn't this forum have a "Self-banning" button?
Why doesn't this forum have a "Self-banning" button?
Committing forumocide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.Do you know who I hate? People who wear shirts that say, "No, I will not fix your computer." Actually, I haven't seen one in a while, but I'm still pissed off about it, god damn it. But at the same time, sometimes I think I need one. I mean, just because I'm a physicist, people think I can do everything. The following happens a lot:Person: "Hey, you're a physicist, fix my (insert thing here)"Yorke: "No, I do experimental particle physics, it really has nothing whatsoever to do with (thing). Actually, I really don't know much about how (thing) works and would really have no chance of fixing it. You should probably find a (thing) repair man or something"Person: ".......(confused look)...."Yorke: "Fine, I'll take a look"...5 minutes later...Yorke: "Okay, I fixed it (god dammit)"Person: "See!"

On another note, I think the identity of RodReynolds has gotta be the 2nd most intriguing mystery on fcp (the first being what is the deal with beans and why is he such a genius?). I don't read the sickie thread enough to know if these should be common knowledge though..

good lord man, its 95 degrees outside. so, no.and there is nothing wrong with the word level. so all of you should shut your god damn faggot mouths about it. NOW.
Say "level" one more friggin time and I'm outta here... permanently.
Say "level" one more friggin time and I'm outta here... permanently.
If only we were so lucky. Go ahead and don't post "LEVEL!"We all know what you are trying to do. Please stop.
If only we were so lucky. Go ahead and don't post "LEVEL!"We all know what you are trying to do. Please stop.
You try waayyyy too hard.Lighten up and enjoy life.Being "cool" doesn't work for you.
I mean, just because I'm a physicist, people think I can do everything. The following happens a lot:Person: "Hey, you're a physicist, fix my (insert thing here)"Yorke: "No, I do experimental particle physics, it really has nothing whatsoever to do with (thing). Actually, I really don't know much about how (thing) works and would really have no chance of fixing it. You should probably find a (thing) repair man or something"Person: ".......(confused look)...."Yorke: "Fine, I'll take a look"...5 minutes later...Yorke: "Okay, I fixed it (god dammit)"Person: "See!"
You and I both know that you're just using your fancy-pants post-secondary edumecation to find that power button that was eluding them. Plebes.
  • 5 weeks later...
maybe if it was an off topic exclusive poll, but there's no chance you'd win that if the pole was in gen pop.
that doesn't really help your case, there are plenty of things in general I find annoying.

ok I'm looking for a specific type of shirt and have been for some time now, and I have no idea why I can't find it because I see them all the time over the televisionok, here are the specs: long sleeve, button up, black, slim/tailored fit shirt. preferably with a somewhat "weathered" look, but thats not a deal breaker. also, not shiny, and not stretch. I hate those. and no designs, just plain black. oh, and preferably under $60 (I'm cheap, and poor).why is it so hard for me to find this?