Correct To Rr With Tt In Position Here?

The correct strategy for playing SNG's is to wait until the blinds get big enough to steal. Only play hands that have a huge reward/risk ratio. Calling 90 in order to try to flop a set and double up is not as risky. If the flop comes low and you're facing aggression, dump the hand. Flop a set and double up.

If we call and it's a dry flop, he bets, are we just folding? Or calling our TT? If an A comes and he checks are we turning our TT into a bluff and betting that flop?
Assuming we're isolated against UTG, typically I raise if the flop comes unders - also if there's one overcard and it is a jack. If an ace flops and villain checks, I check behind as warning bells would go off if he doesn't fire a CB there.
The problem is if you flat you may very well not have position, and even if you do it is likely to be against 2 or 3 other hands. I think its a big mistake to not try and isolate with 66-JJ.
I think we're in the CO so that's close enough for me to flat there as only the button would have position if he came along also.
Assuming we're isolated against UTG, typically I raise if the flop comes unders - also if there's one overcard and it is a jack.
You are almost never isolated against UTG flatting a 3x raise. Theres 7.5 bbs minimum going into the blinds who are getting 3:1 and 3.75:1 odds. They would both have to have pretty atrocious hands for at least one of them not to come in.

FWIW, My UTG raising range full ring with a deep stack, is 55+, AJ/Ts+, KQs, AQo+and sometimes hands like 86s, JTs, never something like KJo though since that never hits enough flops which the villain hasn't hit better. Usually limp 22-44.Anyway if you reraise here make it about 240 and fold to a rereraise, from this position I don't mind calling. Problems being you won't see many good flops and you could get the BB coming along with disguised trash.50:50 as to which I do, in a SnG I might isolate more.

My VPIP UTG is never more than about 10%. I'd say my UTG range is something like: 66+, KQs, AJs+, AQo+. Occasionally I'll raise with T9s or something as well. Raising hands like KJ UTG is almost never a good play. I think it's a pretty big leak if your range consistently includes those hands.
one of the major failures people still make. you're probably a good player. don't expect people in $5 buyins to play like you. copernicus range is probably right, because it sounds exactly like my range there from a year ago when i was really bad, with the exception that i only raised ATo+ and not A9.
one of the major failures people still make. you're probably a good player. don't expect people in $5 buyins to play like you. copernicus range is probably right, because it sounds exactly like my range there from a year ago when i was really bad, with the exception that i only raised ATo+ and not A9.
I expect an average $5 sng player to be limping a ton of those weaker hands. I also expect them to be very exploitable postflop.I value reraise QQ+ here and probably JJ too most of the time, but TT I feel is just a little too weak against his prospective calling/shoving range for me to 3-bet. I really hate the idea of being allin preflop with TT against UTG, which is what we may be faced with.I don't like saying this because people usually just use it as a 'cool' excuse for passivity, but this is a great situation for smallball.
I expect an average $5 sng player to be limping a ton of those weaker hands. I also expect them to be very exploitable postflop.I value reraise QQ+ here and probably JJ too most of the time, but TT I feel is just a little too weak against his prospective calling/shoving range for me to 3-bet. I really hate the idea of being allin preflop with TT against UTG, which is what we may be faced with.I don't like saying this because people usually just use it as a 'cool' excuse for passivity, but this is a great situation for smallball.
yeah i wasnt commenting at all on the play, just about the range. i probably flatcall here too. feels more +ev to me to play postflop in a non-turbo.