I've Got A Tee Time Bitches!

You should get out more. I shot a 40 on the front and a 51 on the back.... sigh. I three putted 4 times and couldn't hit the fairway if my life depended on it.
Yeah, I enjoy being on the course but I just don't have a ton of time. M-f work obviously, then Sunday I _have_ to play online. That leaves Saturday, and golf would interfere with me catching up on sleep. :)I used to play a ton down at Pacific Grove; have you ever played there? It's called the poor man's Pebble, very cheap and the back 9 is along the coast. Very playable, I like playing that course when my golf ego needs a boost. The front 9 is a bit tight, but the back 9 along the ocean has wide open fairways and no trees...just a ton of ice plant. The back 9 is very scenic though, especially on a nice day. Since Morgan Hill tends to be like 100+ in the summer, it's nice to go down the coast and play in 75-80 degree weather.I'm playing Harding Park the same week I'm playing Rooster Run, so that should be fun. That would leave Olympic as the only 'premier' course in SF I haven't played.Do you live in south San Jose? Why Santa Teresa? I remember you saying you worked at Sharon Heights, so I figured you lived out that way.
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing Barona Creek tomorrow for Free!!! This is where the Nationwide tour had it's championship. I've never broken 100 here, so it should be a good test as I've been playing a lot the last few weeks.

Yeah, I enjoy being on the course but I just don't have a ton of time. M-f work obviously, then Sunday I _have_ to play online. That leaves Saturday, and golf would interfere with me catching up on sleep. :)I used to play a ton down at Pacific Grove; have you ever played there? It's called the poor man's Pebble, very cheap and the back 9 is along the coast. Very playable, I like playing that course when my golf ego needs a boost. The front 9 is a bit tight, but the back 9 along the ocean has wide open fairways and no trees...just a ton of ice plant. The back 9 is very scenic though, especially on a nice day. Since Morgan Hill tends to be like 100+ in the summer, it's nice to go down the coast and play in 75-80 degree weather.I'm playing Harding Park the same week I'm playing Rooster Run, so that should be fun. That would leave Olympic as the only 'premier' course in SF I haven't played.Do you live in south San Jose? Why Santa Teresa? I remember you saying you worked at Sharon Heights, so I figured you lived out that way.
I've never played Pacific Grove. I've meant to play for years with my grandfather because he kept telling me about it. Isn't it like 30 bucks? I live in Cupertino right next to Los Altos, so it's not that bad of a drive to Santa Teresa. I just hop on 85 and it's about a 20 minute drive. Sadly I've never played Harding even though I would love too. I'm battling a bad back right now so it's really limiting how much I play. :club:
I've never played Pacific Grove. I've meant to play for years with my grandfather because he kept telling me about it. Isn't it like 30 bucks? I live in Cupertino right next to Los Altos, so it's not that bad of a drive to Santa Teresa. I just hop on 85 and it's about a 20 minute drive. Sadly I've never played Harding even though I would love too. I'm battling a bad back right now so it's really limiting how much I play. :club:
Yeah, PG is like $35 or something really reasonable. It's a muni so the pace of play can be slow, but they can afford to keep it in great shape because the land the back 9 is on is leased to the city for a $1 a year by the Coast Guard. Plus the climate there tends to keep a course green.

Leaving for St. Simon's tomorrow for a week. They have some really nice courses on that group of islands down in south GA. Looking to play probably 3 or 4 times while I'm down there. I haven't played that much in a week in a really really long time. Can't wait to get down there weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

I think I just might have scored an opportunity to go to Myrtle Beach next year with a bunch of people I know. It's one of those golf trips where you play 36 a day for 4-5 days. I can't wait!

Played yesterday in some sick humidity.Played good.Putted good.

I think I just might have scored an opportunity to go to Myrtle Beach next year with a bunch of people I know. It's one of those golf trips where you play 36 a day for 4-5 days. I can't wait!
Played a lot of the courses in Myrtle....used to take my vacation there. PM me if you want me to recommend some of the good courses around there. Played 3 rounds at Sea Palms in St. Simons last week...def not worth the money and is catered to the older person. Very very short and the greens weren't great....all I can really say is at least I got 3 rounds in.....
  • 2 months later...

I was playing in a charity tournament this weekend and my playing partner and I decided to pay $2 closest to the pin on every hole ... because it was a best ball tourney. So, we started on Hole# 4 and at the end of it I was down $12 bucks. So, I said well why don't we play three more holes $4 / hole. He agrees and I of course lose the first hole. So now I am down $16. So I say okay double the bets on the next two holes to $8 / hole. The next hole I lose again. So down $24. So now I say well let's play the next hole for $11, this way if I lose again it is an even $35.Well we both had mediocre drives and he had to hit his 2nd shot standing in the bunker while I had to hit under a tree. So we both are on the green in three. and both miss our putts. So naturally we go to the next hole, which is a par three and try again. Again we tie and at this point my friend was saying how tired he was and was ready to head into the reception area to get some dinner. I was still down $24 so I wanted some way to get back. So the next hole was a Par 5 535 yards. So I say tell you what if I get birdie or better on this hole then I only owe you 10 but if not then I owe you 30. He agrees and I SMOKE one down the pipe and leave myself 230 to the green. Step up and hit my hybrid 5 feet off the green. The hole was in the back so I had plenty of chipping room and got one 7 feet from the hole. It was a little left to right slider and I took about two minutes to read it making sure it was the right line and stepped up and knocked it in for a Birdie. It was awesome. I don't think I've been able to put that kind of hole together with some pressure on like that before, plus it felt good to have a birdie on the last hole that I played.MAN I LOVE THIS GAME.

I was playing in a charity tournament this weekend and my playing partner and I decided to pay $2 closest to the pin on every hole ... because it was a best ball tourney. So, we started on Hole# 4 and at the end of it I was down $12 bucks. So, I said well why don't we play three more holes $4 / hole. He agrees and I of course lose the first hole. So now I am down $16. So I say okay double the bets on the next two holes to $8 / hole. The next hole I lose again. So down $24. So now I say well let's play the next hole for $11, this way if I lose again it is an even $35.Well we both had mediocre drives and he had to hit his 2nd shot standing in the bunker while I had to hit under a tree. So we both are on the green in three. and both miss our putts. So naturally we go to the next hole, which is a par three and try again. Again we tie and at this point my friend was saying how tired he was and was ready to head into the reception area to get some dinner. I was still down $24 so I wanted some way to get back. So the next hole was a Par 5 535 yards. So I say tell you what if I get birdie or better on this hole then I only owe you 10 but if not then I owe you 30. He agrees and I SMOKE one down the pipe and leave myself 230 to the green. Step up and hit my hybrid 5 feet off the green. The hole was in the back so I had plenty of chipping room and got one 7 feet from the hole. It was a little left to right slider and I took about two minutes to read it making sure it was the right line and stepped up and knocked it in for a Birdie. It was awesome. I don't think I've been able to put that kind of hole together with some pressure on like that before, plus it felt good to have a birdie on the last hole that I played.MAN I LOVE THIS GAME.
Nice.It's getting to that sick time of year with the wind o'er here which is killing me. That and it's just not nice playing golf in the peeing rain.Haven't played in the last 2 weeks, but going out on Sunday for a mates Birthday with the ineitable 19, 20 and 21st holes. We're playing small stakes, but it should be interestingas their are a couple of solid players. Will update.
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Need....to....golfffffff.....soon!!!won 8 buy-ins last night in our home game and only talked about GOLF!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone watched The Haney Project on the golf channel?Its a reality show about Tiger Woods' coach fixing Charles Barkley's golf game. Its a pretty cool show.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone watched The Haney Project on the golf channel?Its a reality show about Tiger Woods' coach fixing Charles Barkley's golf game. Its a pretty cool show.
I've seen the commercials but keep missing it. Seems like a fun show seeing as Charles Barkley's swing is infamous. Probably going to bit torrent it.

Career low is 84.I just started with a swing coach. This is the first time I have ever taken lessons. I am completely overhauling my swing which is good in that there are many faults that I have ... BUT my last two rounds have been 104 and 102. The good news is that I am just missing the greens and fairways by 20 yards or so. The bad news is that I have usually been OB or in sand traps in those instances and it makes the game a little harder. Hopefully in the next six months or so I might be able to post a new record round! I was basically a bogey golfer going into this swing change ... so really my goal is just to shoot in the mid 80's on a consistent basis with a possibility of high 70's if all the moons align!