I've Got A Tee Time Bitches!

I just got my new Vokey wedge on Saturday and can't wait to use it. I got a 60 degree wedge with 8 degrees of bounce. Hopefully it will help me some out of the sand and rough. It's going to slice up my pro v1's but should be fun to spin a few back, lol.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got my new Vokey wedge on Saturday and can't wait to use it. I got a 60 degree wedge with 8 degrees of bounce. Hopefully it will help me some out of the sand and rough. It's going to slice up my pro v1's but should be fun to spin a few back, lol.
Nice. I have 56 and 60 degree Vokey wedges.I love em.
Thats the lesser brag IMO. That fact I can list 9 courses within 10 minutes drive from my house, 5 of which have been used as a Major Qualifier event course isthe real brag. Golf is quite possibly the only thing that makes living in Scotland bearable.Also, on the note of the quality of play at St Andrews, you'd be surprised how many rich millionaires come out just to say they played on the course. I was rail - birding my dad and uncle playing a round and was astonished at some of the play I saw.If you are ever in the UK, I'd highly advise playing one of the major UK courses during autumn. Great fun taking a perfect tee shot and watching the high winds push it in to the trees. I stay adamant it was the high winds, not the fact I tugged the club.
Played in Scotland and England. Only saw trees at one course...Formby.Good times though!
Played in Scotland and England. Only saw trees at one course...Formby.Good times though!
Facking hell. All but 2 of the courses I've played are wooded up. St Andrews being one (obv because it's near tonnes of water and is wind exposed).Typical Scottish golf weather has resumed. Storms and plenty of wind to put you off and make you go insane. Got a tee time today (leave in 15 minutes, hence why I'm up at 8:53). Playing Piperdam golf course, should be "fun".

Thank god for the good weather. Tee time tomorrow morning of 10:30AM at Piperdam. The course which I last week found out frowns upon members or visitors wearing any type of shorts. Facking joke! Back to trousers me thinks. :-(Trip report up ASAP.

Just got back from vacation to the Georgia coast and central Florida. Played a goat track on St. Simon's and it was $74. Sick. The only difference between that course and my dad's in central Florida was this one had water on it. My pops course is $17 right now. Don't ask how my dad moves to Florida and manages to join a club without one drop of water on it. Bad beat of the trip: leaving the sticks in my buddies car at St. Simon's. My wife thinks I did it on purpose so I can get back down there sooner. Sounds like a plan to me.

Played all day yesterday and have a tee time in about 30 minutes.Playing this course in Northern Illinois called Shepards Crook.Some of the fastest greens around. Feelin like i'm putting on pool tables.Also has some solid action today too. Hope I can ship a nice score.

Going out tomorrow to Santa Teresa in San Jose. For those who live in Nor cal, it's an awesome course. check it out

Golfing today in a little bit. The weather here in Wisconsin is amazing now.Also, bought a new driver. The Cleveland Launcher.I hit it a mile.Weeeeeee.

Weeeeeeeeeee baby!What a round I had. ROML! Par is 72, I shot and 83. The 11th hole is a 222 Yarder across the water, and WOW! The boomsauce was certainly in my swing. First shot I decided to slam it across, which hit the water obv, second attempt, BOOMSAUCE! 5 yards from hole, and a putt for par. My short game was back to it's swingy self, but my driving and putting were phoenminal.Gotta say aswell, first time using a cart because it was a hot day and bloody hell do you notice the difference when you get to the 13/14th holes.

This is a real longshot as I dont think too many people know Fresno California..However I will be there in a couple of weeks,actually i have been there numerous times and even lived there for a while..Anybody play golf there , and any tips on courses??

Played 9 today. It was raining pretty hard on about the 6th hole but cleared up a bit. I really need to learn how to putt.

Played Pala Mesa Resort on Sunday.Par/ Yardage / Slope72/ 6502/ 131 (blue)Shot a 90 ... frickin triple bogey on the 18th prevented me from breaking 90!!!

Played Pala Mesa Resort on Sunday.Par/ Yardage / Slope72/ 6502/ 131 (blue)Shot a 90 ... frickin triple bogey on the 18th prevented me from breaking 90!!!
Ha ouch!I really wanna get out West and play some of their world class courses. Shadow Creek in Vegas is definitely high up on my list of courses I wanna play soon.

Played this morning, just 9 though.Played by myself, hit 2 balls.Played like s hit.

Playing at Heron Bay just south of Atlanta tomorrow. This is one of my favorite courses and is really diffucult. The greens are extremely fast and tough to read. It plays really long from the blues and really really long from the tips. Will give a report when I get back.

This is a real longshot as I dont think too many people know Fresno California..However I will be there in a couple of weeks,actually i have been there numerous times and even lived there for a while..Anybody play golf there , and any tips on courses??
I live about 3 hours away serge, but I don't know any of the courses. But I do know that Fresno is one of the hottest places on earth. Bring lots of water and ride a cart if possible.
Just got back from vacation to the Georgia coast and central Florida. Played a goat track on St. Simon's and it was $74. Sick. The only difference between that course and my dad's in central Florida was this one had water on it. My pops course is $17 right now. Don't ask how my dad moves to Florida and manages to join a club without one drop of water on it. Bad beat of the trip: leaving the sticks in my buddies car at St. Simon's. My wife thinks I did it on purpose so I can get back down there sooner. Sounds like a plan to me.
I'm leaving in a week to go to St. Simon's for 9 days and was def planning on 2-3 rounds of golf while I'm down there. Do you happen to know any good courses that I should check out while down there?
I live about 3 hours away serge, but I don't know any of the courses. But I do know that Fresno is one of the hottest places on earth. Bring lots of water and ride a cart if possible.
Thanks..I lived there back in 1999 for 9 months..but I wasnt really a golfer back then so never got into the scene...I know about the heat its pretty bad...My family out there always says its a DRY heat...I dont care how dry it is..Its fricking 120 degrees..lol
Thanks..I lived there back in 1999 for 9 months..but I wasnt really a golfer back then so never got into the scene...I know about the heat its pretty bad...My family out there always says its a DRY heat...I dont care how dry it is..Its fricking 120 degrees..lol
Dry heat drives me nuts. It just makes your skin peal and it's unbearable.

Played this morning. 9 holes. Shot 37.Missed a 6 foot birdie putt on the 9th hole for an even par 36.Life tilt.

Virginia NationalI am playing here on Saturday. One of the guys I am playing with can get us on the course for $27 with a cart. Ship the $57 discount!
Playing Santa Teresa tomorrow. weeeeeeeeeeee
Ha, I haven't played there in years. We used to have to play some high school matches there. My mom actually asked me to go play there with her and my nephew on Monday(the par 3 course), but I can't handle playing with both of them at once.I don't play enough golf anymore. I play a ton every year in spurts; when I'm in Kauai I play 6-7 times, and then late in the summer I go to an annual tournament wayyyyy up in Northern Cali (past Shasta) and play 4-5 rounds in a few days. My dad is a member at Salinas Country Club (I know, who knew Salinas had country clubs?) so I go out once in a while w/ him, but that course is boring (brag, shot a 76 after not swinging a club for 3+ months on Saturday).Later this summer I'm playing in a tournament at a place called Rooster Run in the Petaluma area...anyone in the Bay Area ever play there? I've read reviews online and it sounds ok I suppose.
Ha, I haven't played there in years. We used to have to play some high school matches there. My mom actually asked me to go play there with her and my nephew on Monday(the par 3 course), but I can't handle playing with both of them at once.I don't play enough golf anymore. I play a ton every year in spurts; when I'm in Kauai I play 6-7 times, and then late in the summer I go to an annual tournament wayyyyy up in Northern Cali (past Shasta) and play 4-5 rounds in a few days. My dad is a member at Salinas Country Club (I know, who knew Salinas had country clubs?) so I go out once in a while w/ him, but that course is boring (brag, shot a 76 after not swinging a club for 3+ months on Saturday).Later this summer I'm playing in a tournament at a place called Rooster Run in the Petaluma area...anyone in the Bay Area ever play there? I've read reviews online and it sounds ok I suppose.
You should get out more. I shot a 40 on the front and a 51 on the back.... sigh. I three putted 4 times and couldn't hit the fairway if my life depended on it.