Kansas Jayhawks Vs Memphis Tigers

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the same thing that Kansas did to the team everyone thought was the best thing to happen to college basketball since Dean Smith, they do to Memphis.The first and last 10 minutes that Kansas played against Carolina was straight up balla. If they eliminate the bonehead 20 minutes in between, they'd crush anybody.

Nothing brings more pleasures to my eyes than seeing Tyler Hansborough getting beat.
I felt bad for him. But Im not sure If I will ever feel the same about UNC basketball after this.
I felt bad for him. But Im not sure If I will ever feel the same about UNC basketball after this.
Well, in the first half he was the only way that gave any effort for UNC, he gave them some hope, the rest of UNC was just god awful, I've never seen that lousy of a performance in a final four game.
haha. I have no sympathy for a diving **** such as him.
I just wish somebody would call traveling on him....he got away with blatant travels twice in that game.....with refs RIGHT there. I also was amused that the "consensus" (bullshit) National Player of the Year was, in essence, owned by Cole Aldrich for most of the first half.
I just wish somebody would call traveling on him....he got away with blatant travels twice in that game.....with refs RIGHT there. I also was amused that the "consensus" (bullshit) National Player of the Year was, in essence, owned by Cole Aldrich for most of the first half.
he did get called for traveling once, yes?
I admire his passion. But his skills are limited and college glory is pretty much all he'll have.
Hansbrough struggles against taller big men, with long arms. Aldrich has both. Hansbrough dominates anyone his size and under. But anyone who is taller, and just as strong can stop him. Aldrich is also very talented. But Hansbroughs game is limited.
Nothing brings more pleasures to my eyes than seeing Tyler Hansborough getting beat.
Indeed. Seeing that bitch get blocked over and over again by Aldrich and anytime he got fouled he got smacked to the floor by 4 guys was the crowning moment of my year. Roy Williams face when it was 40-12 was equally priceless.
Aldrich destroyed Hansbrough. That is very good news for Kansas. Developing big men for the next few years has Kansas looking good after Rush def. leaves this season and the futures of Chalmers and the front court are in question.The Hawks could possibly keep Aldrich/Chalmers/Arthur/and Collins next season. If by some miracle Rush returns (which I think the only thing that would keep him is if they don't win it all and he feels like they should have) they could easily be right back in the finals next season and pull a Florida.
I admire his passion. But his skills are limited and college glory is pretty much all he'll have.Hansbrough struggles against taller big men, with long arms. Aldrich has both. Hansbrough dominates anyone his size and under. But anyone who is taller, and just as strong can stop him. Aldrich is also very talented. But Hansbroughs game is limited.
That's exactly why, after all this build up of TH by the media (especially Vitale), that Hansbrough will not do ANYTHING in the NBA. He can find the basket against shorter guys, but the NBA is all talls. He doesn't play good defense, and he'll get destroyed by everyone. Obviously, he wont leave this year because he knows what will happen if he goes pro, so UNC has a shot next year, as long as they don't run into a fast break team that plays strong defense again.

LOL at the Hansborogh hate. The kid plays the game the right way, isn't a ball hog, never takes a play off, lives and dies by what goes on in the game and is the consummate teammate. He doesn't stomp opponents on the chest while they lay on the ground (like some Duke alumni). He isn't there trying to lock up a lottery selection either so yea, he will come back next year along with the rest of the team and they will be back in the Final Four again. Give me 8 guys that put in Tyler's effort over any group of players in college ball today and I'll start racking up national titles. Coaches dream of players who work as hard as that guy. Oh and please stop crying about the traveling, the only time he travels is when he is being mugged by 3 defenders every time he touched the ball. Kansas got away with murder against him (so did Clemson in the ACC title game), that game gets officiated the right way and all 4 of Kansas big men are fouled out with 10 minutes to go. To call the travel they need to call the foul that caused it. So suffer with a no call or STFU because there wasn't a single time he touched the ball in the post he wasn't fouled repeatedly, the majority of time it went without a whistle.

LOL at the Hansborogh hate. The kid plays the game the right way, isn't a ball hog, never takes a play off, lives and dies by what goes on in the game and is the consummate teammate. He doesn't stomp opponents on the chest while they lay on the ground (like some Duke alumni). He isn't there trying to lock up a lottery selection either so yea, he will come back next year along with the rest of the team and they will be back in the Final Four again. Give me 8 guys that put in Tyler's effort over any group of players in college ball today and I'll start racking up national titles. Coaches dream of players who work as hard as that guy. Oh and please stop crying about the traveling, the only time he travels is when he is being mugged by 3 defenders every time he touched the ball. Kansas got away with murder against him (so did Clemson in the ACC title game), that game gets officiated the right way and all 4 of Kansas big men are fouled out with 10 minutes to go. To call the travel they need to call the foul that caused it. So suffer with a no call or STFU because there wasn't a single time he touched the ball in the post he wasn't fouled repeatedly, the majority of time it went without a whistle.
It's not hate. He just didnt deserve to be player of the year because he hustles. Also, not sure what game you were watching. I dont really like Kansas (only rooted for them because I have them beating Memphis for the title in my bracket) but i dont remember Hansborough getting mugged. I do remember him getting the benefit of the Patrick Ewing 3-step twice early in the 2nd half as UNC was making their run.If you are going to sit here and argue that Tyler Hansborough of all people doesnt get enough free throw attempts, I am going to throw up.
It's not hate. He just didnt deserve to be player of the year because he hustles. Also, not sure what game you were watching. I dont really like Kansas (only rooted for them because I have them beating Memphis for the title in my bracket) but i dont remember Hansborough getting mugged. I do remember him getting the benefit of the Patrick Ewing 3-step twice early in the 2nd half as UNC was making their run.If you are going to sit here and argue that Tyler Hansborough of all people doesnt get enough free throw attempts, I am going to throw up.
I think your going to see more and more of the POTY awards go to guys like him who stay in school for more than one year. Being the most talented player in the country on an average team (like Beasley) doesn't make you the player of the year either. People who want college athletics to be about the 4 year students are going to stop rewarding the guys they think should just have skipped school to go to the league.And yes I'm going to argue that it's a little unusual for a guy who goes to the line more than anyone in the country when somehow he only shoots 6 the entire game... some calls were being missed. THere was only one time he was stripped by Kansas cleanly, nearly every other time he touched the ball he was fouled by at least one of the 3 guys on him.
I think your going to see more and more of the POTY awards go to guys like him who stay in school for more than one year. Being the most talented player in the country on an average team (like Beasley) doesn't make you the player of the year either. People who want college athletics to be about the 4 year students are going to stop rewarding the guys they think should just have skipped school to go to the league.And yes I'm going to argue that it's a little unusual for a guy who goes to the line more than anyone in the country when somehow he only shoots 6 the entire game... some calls were being missed. THere was only one time he was stripped by Kansas cleanly, nearly every other time he touched the ball he was fouled by at least one of the 3 guys on him.
your first paragraph may be true but that is sad. It should go to the best player, period. That's Beasley. It is not his fault he doesnt have Green, Lawson, Ellington, etc. Basically, you are saying the voters have an agenda. You are probably right, but it is wrong.Your 2nd paragraph? Eh. I am willing to say a couple of missed foul calls even out the blatant missed traveling calls. KU also did a good job denying him the ball in the first half. either way, UNC lost that game for other reasons, obv.
your first paragraph may be true but that is sad. It should go to the best player, period. That's Beasley. It is not his fault he doesnt have Green, Lawson, Ellington, etc. Basically, you are saying the voters have an agenda. You are probably right, but it is wrong.Your 2nd paragraph? Eh. I am willing to say a couple of missed foul calls even out the blatant missed traveling calls. KU also did a good job denying him the ball in the first half. either way, UNC lost that game for other reasons, obv.
If Beasley didn't have to go to college for a year, he wouldn't be there. So what is right? Award a guy who came in and had one great year on a very average team (11 seed in the NCAA) or reward the guy who has been consistent for 3 years leading a top tier team, and is breaking team/conference/ncaa records.There is no question which of the two is better example of what is good about college athletics.

Well after 2 days of not looking at forums and no sportscenter to get over the UNC loss(how the **** did that happen) Ok Im not totally over it. Kansas played great. Tonights game should be a high scoring fun game. These teams match up great. I have to say Im rooting for memphis I went to school there for a semester. Which doesnt really mean anything but I do think Kansas will win.

It's silly though to give Hansbrough the POTY just because he played on a better team. He didn't play better. I don't recall anyone saying that Stephen Curry didn't deserve to make the Tournament first team because he played on a bad team.If you want to give the kid a pat on the back for leading his team and having good teammates, be my guest, but the POTY award is for pure individual accomplishments, not for hustling and having a solid coach/backcourt.
If Beasley didn't have to go to college for a year, he wouldn't be there. So what is right? Award a guy who came in and had one great year on a very average team (11 seed in the NCAA) or reward the guy who has been consistent for 3 years leading a top tier team, and is breaking team/conference/ncaa records.There is no question which of the two is better example of what is good about college athletics.
What's the difference if he would be there or not if there wasn't a rule? He is there, and thats it. And the POTY award is just that, Player of the Year. You can't reward Hansbrough for having "three consistent years" and deny the guy who had the best year with a trophy that's specifically designed for the best player this season. Are you saying if Beasley was on a team like, Kansas, not Kansas St., he would be more deserving of the award if he put up 25/12 than because he went to a smaller, less prominent school? I really don't think that if you go to a good school, you should get preferential treatment for awards and accolades.

This thread really needs a poll for tonight's game. I was going with Memphis but I wanted to bet so I had to take Kansas. Obv have no stake in the game other then the bet.

I like Memphis because I think they are way more dynamic. Being able to have two 6-9 guys in Dorsey and Dozier along with Rose and Douglas-Roberts means that as long as they can get you to play the transition game they can get inside or dish back out which is one of the hardest offenses to defend, and we all know Kansas will play the transition with them. ROCK CHALK FK THE JAYHAWKS.

I like Memphis because I think they are way more dynamic. Being able to have two 6-9 guys in Dorsey and Dozier along with Rose and Douglas-Roberts means that as long as they can get you to play the transition game they can get inside or dish back out which is one of the hardest offenses to defend, and we all know Kansas will play the transition with them. ROCK CHALK FK THE JAYHAWKS.
A mizzou fan who thinks Kansas will lose. Oh really.